Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Shame.

Gazza

JC you were let down by your players today big time, you & PH didnt deserve that performance from them today, I sincerley hope to a man they apologised in the dressing room after the game, they should have been giving everything today to make your last game a credit to you, what they actually gave you was nothing, no effort, no passion & what seemed like not a care in the world for the shirt they were wearing, shame on them.

As stated on other threads I hope for some of the players today it was the final time we see them in a Town shirt, with nothing left to play for in the league I hope to see more of the reserves & youth given a chance with Max & Luke being ever present for the rest of the season, here's hopeing to see Lee Smith getting a run out before the end of the season too, if he does he should get the player of the season award for the effort & comittment he's put in to getting fit again after such an horrendous injury.

Good luck JC in whatever you do next & sorry your last game wasn't what we had all hoped for.

I have just read the programme notes from yesterday and can confirm that, although Jim wanted the players to play for pride, they clearly didn't appear to follow the script.

Yes, it's very easy to criticise, but there was very little passion, enthusiasm, creativity, leadership and a willingness to win which is not something that has been associated with Jim's teams in the past. Were they playing for Jim or just going through the motions? I certainly don't think it was the former. The 3rd goal summed up the performance for me.

Other notes indicate that we are going to have an interim coaching team until the end of the season. I just hope that the 'new' team will be from outside the current set up otherwise I can see it being more of the same.

I see Michael Deane has left to go to Brentwood.It shows how bad things have become,when players consider the likes of Brentwood more attractive than ETFC.He was one of the few players i wanted to see remain at the club next season as well.

Is also worth nothing that Mr Davidsons posts on the offical forum are getting more and more 'eccentric' by the month.Not only does he occassionally post some surreal match reports,but he regulary chooses too post personal comments and opinions on the official forum, rather than on this forum where those views are more suited.He is a hard working and loyal fan,he is also a top photographer and a computer genius who produces a great offical website.I just wish he would leave the writing of the match reports to someone else.

"David Bastian scored what was no more than a consolation goal but it was something special – curled round Tony Tucker in the visitors' goal from in the middle of a group of players who had all fallen over each other".

Priceless! doah

No doubt that being told to play right wing last week and then being subbed, probably had a good deal to do with it.Alternatively,he may just be one of those players who will always switch clubs if offered more expenses. I hear the Brentwood board arn't adverse to splashing a bit of cash.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
JC you were let down by your players today big time, you & PH didnt deserve that performance from them today, I sincerley hope to a man they apologised in the dressing room after the game, they should have been giving everything today to make your last game a credit to you, what they actually gave you was nothing, no effort, no passion & what seemed like not a care in the world for the shirt they were wearing, shame on them.
As stated on other threads I hope for some of the players today it was the final time we see them in a Town shirt, with nothing left to play for in the league I hope to see more of the reserves & youth given a chance with Max & Luke being ever present for the rest of the season, here's hopeing to see Lee Smith getting a run out before the end of the season too, if he does he should get the player of the season award for the effort & comittment he's put in to getting fit again after such an horrendous injury.

Good luck JC in whatever you do next & sorry your last game wasn't what we had all hoped for.
I thought you at least had a brain between your ears gazza , So its the players fault now is it ? instead of jolly jim ? It just amazes me that he gets a hero's send off after what you lot have said about him this season and last . No wonder he got pissed off and jacked it in.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Is also worth nothing that Mr Davidsons posts on the offical forum are getting more and more 'eccentric' by the month.Not only does he occassionally post some surreal match reports,but he regulary chooses too post personal comments and opinions on the official forum, rather than on this forum where those views are more suited.He is a hard working and loyal fan,he is also a top photographer and a computer genius who produces a great offical website.I just wish he would leave the writing of the match reports to someone else.

I hope this gets removed quickly, theres a time and a place for comments as such, and a personal comment on a public site is not the place for that. If hes got a comment to make fine put it on here but personal views are not for the etfc site.

Originally Posted By: Man From Mars
Originally Posted By: Gazza

I thought you at least had a brain between your ears gazza , So its the players fault now is it ? instead of jolly jim ? It just amazes me that he gets a hero's send off after what you lot have said about him this season and last . No wonder he got pissed off and jacked it in.

No wonder your fellow fans are embarrassed by you MFM.Even though you only turn up to see a game twice a year,its obviously twice too many for most of your chums at 1893.Jim has achieved more in every season since our formation in 2001 than any of your managers have done in that time.To never be out of the top four in every league season,and then resign when the club are struggling in 9th place in the Ryman (again something that you would consider a successful season) shows the mark of the man.8 pieces of silverware in 7 seasons.How many have you picked up in that time??

Jim WAS let down by the attitude and commitment of certain players on saturday.

Originally Posted By: OldTowner
Deane leaving - to go anywhere, let alone Brentwood - is a big blow and just goes to show how much has to be done at OUR Club.
These are not good times.

I would be interested to find out why he thinks Brentwood is a better place to play his football.

Brentwood offered him Money simple as that.

bolt

They will need too.That drive to Brentwood twice a week at 106p a litre will really eat into any extra money he was offered.The M25/A12 rounbabout will also be a nightmare for the next year or so as serious roadworks are taking place.As such,i hope Michael has plenty of spare time on his hands as well.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
They will need too.That drive to Brentwood twice a week at 106p a litre will really eat into any extra money he was offered.The M25/A12 rounbabout will also be a nightmare for the next year or so as serious roadworks are taking place.As such,i hope Michael has plenty of spare time on his hands as well.

His choice confused2