Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The world is full of.....

andyetfc

.... opinions.

No doubt it will be a difficult decision when choosing the next manager but these things are part and parcel of running a football club.

How about we stick with Mike and Stuart and at least give them until the end of the season to move us forward with the intention of building on what we have, youth and experience. We never know, they may be just the pairing this club needs? As in all cases, there will be winners and losers and some players will go and some will be in it for the long term. That's football!

Both appear to be passionate about the game and the football on display is better, but there appears to be a lot to do. Yes, we did draw last week and yes, we did get turned over on Saturday by a well organised and well disciplined side but there were positives and this must be a credit to Mike and Stuart, even if it is early days.

If we were to get someone else in, who would no doubt bring in better players, then have we the necessary financial resources or should we look to build on what we have and plan for next season and the season after that?

I for one believe that our poor disciplinary record has hurt the club this season and it does give us all cause for concern. Here's hoping this matter will be addressed by whoever comes on board.

I don't know Stuart and Mike and only saw the Dartford game with them in charge. However, I do not want someone to be given a chance until the end of the season and then make a decision. A firm decision needs to be made now so that whoever is in charge can go into next season already with competitve games at the club under their belt. If that is Mike and Stuart then so be it. I don't know enough about nonleague managers to make my only mind up. Just make a permanent decision now.

Well Andy you got your wish. (See the town site)

I dont agree with you Happy. If Stuart and Mike perform to the end of the season. 7 league games left and at least one cup game. If they get to the final of the Charity cup and come away with 12 points or more than they deserve the position permanently and it will be a smooth change over. However if we do not get to the final and get less then 10 points out of our 7 remaining games then the board are in position to cast the net and get someone else in. I think that is a perfectly reasonable position to take.

If it is not Mike and Stuart who lead us next season I am sure that any new manager would have had competitive games under their belt but not at Town. The new man would bring a squad with him that is the nature of the game.

I actually think that we can get at least 15 points out of our last 7 games. We might even upset Sudbury who do not appear to be firing on all cylinders at the moment. The team have nothing to loose and we know that the youngsters will be looking to make their mark.

It is indeed an exciting end to the season which we would not have had under the former management.

Originally Posted By: Steph
Well Andy you got your wish. (See the town site)

I dont agree with you Happy. If Stuart and Mike perform to the end of the season. 7 league games left and at least one cup game. If they get to the final of the Charity cup and come away with 12 points or more than they deserve the position permanently and it will be a smooth change over. However if we do not get to the final and get less then 10 points out of our 7 remaining games then the board are in position to cast the net and get someone else in. I think that is a perfectly reasonable position to take.

If it is not Mike and Stuart who lead us next season I am sure that any new manager would have had competitive games under their belt but not at Town. The new man would bring a squad with him that is the nature of the game.

I actually think that we can get at least 15 points out of our last 7 games. We might even upset Sudbury who do not appear to be firing on all cylinders at the moment. The team have nothing to loose and we know that the youngsters will be looking to make their mark.

It is indeed an exciting end to the season which we would not have had under the former management.

Hmm...AFC Sudbury now have 8 straight wins, including away victories at Heybridge (6-0)Northwood, Canvey and Ware. I will be well chuffed when we do start firing on all cylinders again!

Heybridge! Who are they? A team struggling in the Ryman Prem this season and was it the first team you played anyway?

Canvey have flattered to deceive this season.

And Ware were lucky to get a draw against us with our new management.

Dartford were undoubtedly the best team we have seen at Brimsdown or away this season and if you go up in the number one spot you will deservedly be champions. Dont expect an easy game on Saturday.

BTW if you do have to take the play-offs a game against Redbridge should not be dismissed either.

Steph I notice Your old chums from east london have now been relegated . I'll bet youre looking forward to those encounters next season . Better tell youre lot to mind their P's & Q's eh mate.