Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haworth

buzzgate

Aaron was man of the match in his Schools successful Kent Schools u19 cup final at Hartsdown park Friday night.

Says in todays Thanet Times ( what a fantastic newspaper it is-well worth 45p of anyones cash-ahem! ) that Trott says Haworth arrived at 20 to 2-late declaring himself fit but couldn't risk him in case he broke down. Also praises Krunic the young sub keeper although some of Trotts quotes bemuse me like "he couldn't have done any worse" and on the subject of which one of the three keepers to pick "I don't know what's happening at the moment". Seems we all have small memories of what a class keeper Scott is and how many times he has kept us in games. Small wonder we're only 10th. My own personal opinion is I don't think the club is ready or even wants promotion.

Agree with both of aboce posts.

re:Hornets question as to whether the club wants/is ready for promotion-this year and last-is similar to my own (and my conspiracy theory that we were 'not keen' to get in the top 5 last year either.

Hopefully RT can pull it together and prove us wrong this year and seize that 5th spot.

Up the 'Gate.

Agree with Hornet. If you look at the stats page it certailnly does'nt indicate a promotion seeking team performance. We have been unable to string a run together all season with three (league) wins on the bounce only being achieved twice. Then its ended in another defeat. RT states that the dressing room is a happy one and the players are confident, but that is not being reflecteed in the performances. Its as if the pedal comes off the gas after a good performance and we dont turn up. If there were a couple of wins then a draw and another win again it would look better. I don't understand how the team can go out and play so well one week and play so bad the next. Taking off an experienced goalkeeper and replacing him with a 15 year old must be totally humiliating for SCS, and I think shows an immaturity in RT's management skills. SCS has been brilliant at times this season and has won us matches on more than one occasion. Its also upsetting to hear that he was getting a lot of stick from Margate supporters at the game. So he has an off day, so what, these things happen. Look at the England keepers over the last couple of years, they have all made more important howlers than Saturday. I'm abit concerned that there may be a bit of a rift in the dressing room which is not going to help in the last few matches. I'm afraid looking at our record this season its unlikely we can get the run required to reach the playoffs, and do we deserve to get there?

"I don't understand how the team can go out and play so well one week and play so bad the next."

That's not really the case though, is it? We were lucky to win at Maidstone and ground out a 1-0 over Billericay in poor conditions. We gave it a go at Wimbledon but poor finishing in the first half cost us.

Our results are inconsistent, but that is true of everyone else. It's just the case that the teams in this league are much of a muchness (Chelmsford apart).

We've definately got the players for promotion so is it tactics, coaching, fitness, attitude or management? Or is it as simple as this league suits us for the moment and we're not ready to step up. Our inconsistancy is a constant bafflement.

AND.... there's the small matter of not finishing below R*msgate-unthinkable....but sadly possible.

AS CE said, every other team has been inconsistent at one time or the other, Billericay being the prime example. Lets be honest, many of us wern't expecting promotion this season if I remember rightly? I think its because we are so close to achieving it we are getting disappointed.

I still believe there are lots of twists and turns to go this season and we are still not out of things by far.

I really couldn't believe Trotty's comments in the paper today. Scotty needs the backing of his manager and certainly does not need the public humiliation of "Well Alex couldn't have done any worse". That will absolutely shatter Scott's confidence.

Comments like that, along with his tactical ineptitude, are proof that Trott is not the manager to take us to the next level, I'm afraid.

Dutch Mike I've been saying that for 18months now. To humiliate Scott like that is just another shocking piece of man management Trotty has performed.

You have to support your players and pick them up from bad performances not pulicly slate them. Its going to come back to bite him on the [****!!****] one day I don't think he has got room to talk anyway some of his own performances have been shocking this last two seasons

Originally Posted By: Hornet
We've definately got the players for promotion so is it tactics, coaching, fitness, attitude or management?

I believe it's a bit of all of that, which comes down to the manager. I do wonder sometimes if training is hard enough because the players do look to be less fit than their opponents on quite a regular basis. It's the sheer ability in a number of the squad members that gets them through.