Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Goalkeeper.

The X-R3F

Who will it be ON Saturday and then Easter Monday

SCS - After Saturdays Performance! Trott isn't very happy with him at the moment, could this be the wake up call SCS needs by DROPPING HIM!! Rumours of SCS leaving at the end of the season....

Matt Bowles - 18 year old. Your number 2 all season, will he be given the chance at this important stage this season!!

Or Young Alex? - 15 years old. Margate Under 16s goalie and last couple of under 18s games! Played 20 minutes on Saturday and done nothing wrong at all!

What would you do if you was Trott?

To be honest I would play Matt Bowles on Saturday against Wealstone, give SCS the feeling that his place isn't safe.

Then if Matt Plays well, play him on Easter Monday.

Personally i feel that when no1 is out injured or out of form whatever then no2 should be given the chance thats what they are there for they are the back up and if no2 does the job and does it well then he should keep the shirt for the next game but as this level most clubs cant afford to have 2 proper keepers and keep them both happy so mainly no2 is the reserve keeper still in his teens bit of a hot prospect and stepping up into the ryman premier is a major task.

Should be intresting though with both Thanet Sides having keeper problems Wilkerson is out for the margate game with a stupid 4 match ban and Alliston has stepped in but doesnt look that sharp, and now this for Margate. Makes things intresting.

I say play Matt Bowles on Saturday, i think SCS needs to sit out a few games atleast after some of his recent performance (barring the billericay game, where he was superb). I think it will be too much for Alex to come into a mens game at the age of 15 and i am not to sure if he would be up for it mentally.

If you got dropped every time you made a couple of mistakes a game then Trott himself would never play again. To risk playing relatively untested players at this stage of the season when we are meant to be serious play off contenders ( or are we? ) would be too chancy imo. SCS is arguably the best keeper in this league and has won us more points this season probably than any other player. Play him and he'll have a point to prove, drop him and he may think f*ck this for a game of soldiers I can play for a better club and then we lose one of our best, if not best players. If we're serious about the play offs then this is no time for experimenting.

Got to agree with Hornet, SCS has had rave reviews on this forum for months and yet after one dissapointing game he is humiliated and his position is threatened by a 15 year old !! sorry but that is not realistic and SCS MUST play this weekend !!

Don't underestimate Wealdstone. Have seen them a couple of times recently. They can't defend but they have decent players going forward (Papali and Dean come to mind). Also a young lad wide on the right (Jomo Faal-Thomas) is a danger. You will need an experienced man between the sticks.

I agree SCS for me. He had a shocker on Saturday but as others has said has kept us in games other times. Carshalton game at home springs to mind where he made about six exceptional saves. I too hated hearing some fans barracking him on Saturday when he was subbed.

I can see why Trotty subbed him but to say the things he did in the paper was probably not wise, although I doubt Scotty will ever read it.

SCS kept us in many more games than we deserved in the early part of the season, when the rest of the defence were having dismal performances on a grand scale. To slag him off as some did on Saturday is appalling. Surely if MFC really want to gain a playoff place (unlikely now in any case), then Scotty has to be between the sticks over the Easter period and for the rest of the season. Well that's my view of it anyway.

I can't believe this is even under discussion, particularly as it was started by a Ramsgate supporter. SCS has one bad game and its apparently all over and he's leaving at the end of the season. So we are discussing the option of a relatively inexperienced 18 yr old reserve keeper or a 15 year old!!! The substitution was a poor decision on Sat and as has already been mentioned, after some of RT's mistakes this season he should look closer to home before making rash decisions.

Matt Bowles is the best Goalkeeper around at the moment in my opinion.

I heard the Rams are still interested in his signature because he isn't on contract.

Bowles still has a lot to learn, but how he hasn't been scouted for a League side I do not know?

Give Matt a chance, but I think you lot are being really harsh on SCS to be honest.

Every week you give a rating on his performance (fair enough) BUT! When he has a bad game, a wide percentage of you guys slag him off.

Lets be honest,, I have no idea whos side I'm on, but look at Dan Dolton, a teffic young local lad!!!! He had so much potential but he got so badly slated by you guys so he went to Ramsgate and is showing that potential.

SCS is better than Bowles, but SCS is lacking confidence, a bit like Robinson/Cerny situation.

Maybe Trott should just drop SCS for "1" game and then bring him back for the Thanet Derby. This is the WAKE UP CALL HE NEEDS!!!

i agree that scott shouldn't be slated after just one performance.

It would maybe be wrong to bring any of the younger keepers in as Matt Bowles is 18 (#2), Matt Lamprell 17 (Reserve #1), and Alex Krunic (U16's) approaching 16.

Experience is needed.

Give Matt a chance, but I think you lot are being really harsh on SCS to be honest.

Every week you give a rating on his performance (fair enough) BUT! When he has a bad game, a wide percentage of you guys slag him off.quote]

I think you'll find Scott has had nothing but support on this forum and rightly so.