Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Behave Yourselves Merstham FC!!!!

Its not Mersthams title yet. Mathematically anyway.

Remember a certain Chipstead that had a mini collapse towards the end of the season.

Anyone think it could happen again???

As long as you dont get your presentation done on our pitch on the last day of the season. We had that done to us a few years back by AFC Wallingford. Drew 0-0 at Shawfield Road on the last day and they lifted the trophy on our pitch to our dislike. We came 2nd that year by 4 points which we threw away with a draw against Farnham with 3 games to go.

Originally Posted By: bomaya
Well obviously we'd rather win it/lift the trophy etc on our own ground but I suppose the latter is down to the league. But our last game is away to Bookham anyway, not Ash.

Do teams normally do a guard of honour at this level? wink

Feck off to the Ryman you BTK!! wink

Anyone think Merstham will go up and come straight back down. It seems that with previous ccl prem winning clubs that they've managed to hold their own and survive higher up. Chipstead, Godalming, Walton Casuals, Ashford Town.

Just shows that our league is quite strong.

Originally Posted By: Rattled07
Originally Posted By: bomaya
Well obviously we'd rather win it/lift the trophy etc on our own ground but I suppose the latter is down to the league. But our last game is away to Bookham anyway, not Ash.

Do teams normally do a guard of honour at this level? wink

Feck off to the Ryman you BTK!! wink

Don't worry...I'll leave you be once the new season starts! tongue

Originally Posted By: johnnojudo
Anyone think Merstham will go up and come straight back down. It seems that with previous ccl prem winning clubs that they've managed to hold their own and survive higher up. Chipstead, Godalming, Walton Casuals, Ashford Town.

Just shows that our league is quite strong.

It's certainly something that I'm worried about but for now I'm just trying to enjoy the moment. Anyway didn't Goldalming finish bottom in their first Ryman season and only stay at Step 4 due to restructuring?

Yes they did. Then got moved sideways and got some great ties versus Farnborough and Fleet etc. This is why this thing about teams getting reprieves is nonsense. Guildford city should have gone last season!