Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

M.O.T.M v Ramsgate

Cookie

MOTM v Sutton  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

• P Nicholls
    • A Lacey
    • C Robinson
    • K Millington
    • D Young
    • J Haverson
    • J Keister
    • W Wilson
    • J Healy
    • L Blackman
    • S West
    • S Cliff
    • L Smith

I'll go with that Alan. Jimmy got stuck in & kept trying to encourage others all game.

Ian,on the alternative forum you thought JJ was best too. Did you change your mind or are you just teasing us again. The latter more like eh? Scott had a good game too don't get me wrong

Ian said "quote"

SCS ..7. Kept you in the game

Peters..5. Is he a fullback? Better attacking

Trott.. 5 Taxi?

Smith..6 Steady

Joseph.. 5 Overlapping good, final ball?

Side.. 3 Living on his 3 goals in 9 mins. CRAP

Saunders.. 7 Impressive

Jackson .. 8 IMO your MOTM

Martin..6 Who?

Pinnock.. 5 i thought rubbish

Haworth..4 had your best chances,time to go

Anyway Scott wasn't "lobbed". It was a fierce shot with power.No-one could have stopped that shot as it rose high into the top corner of the net. Good goal too,though without the efforts of Minshull it wouldn't have come about in a month of Sundays,any home goal that is.Mind you the same applied to us.Never really looked like scoring. 0-0 would have been about right.

Why Trotty didnt take Rob off put Corbishley in at full back & pushed Peters forward confounded me.It looked the obvious move once going 1 down. What is it with Trotty & Corbishley. He's an exciting prospect as was Akinde & look hows he's doing now.

Yes,very similar Alan. That wasnt a "lob" either,not like the ones Scott had previously,now they WERE "lobs".

Didn't Ramsgates' equaliser last season materialise from that very same wing area where Minshull kept the ball in yesterday.Last season it was hit to the far post & a goal scored,if I recall correctly.

Jackson, Peters, Stevens all had a good game others seemed to have lacked the same ambition and dertermination to win.

Thats a view from a ramsgate supporter, what let me down the most from your margate side was your discipline from your players you controlled 20 minutes from the start of the first half once we started to settle and get the ball the fouls started coming and in the second half once we have gone scored any decision that went against you started pressuring the ref and lino.

Sugestion put Peters up front and you will have more chance of scoring with a very fast attacking mentally player like himself.

Originally Posted By: Hornet
Yeah, like pressurising the ref and lino is something R*msgate would never do eh?
Agree about Peters though, totally wasted at full back, but Trott knows best as our league position shows!

I admit Ramsgate aint the cleanest of teams but this season the only major incident was after the final whistle against Wealdstone, but in recent games the Rams players have really been professional in the way they act certain players do have a temper and does the stupid thing like Ollie and Mckimm for you etc but your whole team towards the end were swearing and going on for 5 minutes about a bloody throw in that the lino gave our way.

And i dont admire the Ward's for the way they act they have passion and like to let people know how they feel but the main one was when Nick Davis had a head injury on the floor and the ref just let the play go on so he complains but has a reason to complain.

I dont know why Trott thought there were positives from the game and was smiling joking and laughing outside the clubhouse ??? Puzzles me and some of things mentioned on Kentish Football if i was a margate fan i whould be annoyed a little by his statement.

Originally Posted By: bigtw
So DM 2 wrongs make a right, Morris was outrageous with a challenge out on the right and even trotty was having a go at his own players to shut up.

2 wrongs make a right? Players on the pitch were unhappy about decisions, and were talking to the officials. Ward runs onto the pitch whenever he disagrees with a decision, and often ends up there via our technical area. A manager shouldn't be on the pitch. Players disagreeing with decisions is part of the game. If they weren't unhappy about some of those decisions then I would be concerned. The lino down the side by the Wards had clearly been influenced by non-stop talking in his ear.

Tony, you made your allegiances clear yesterday wearing a Ramsgate jacket.

Originally Posted By: Mundz

And i dont admire the Ward's for the way they act they have passion and like to let people know how they feel but the main one was when Nick Davis had a head injury on the floor and the ref just let the play go on so he complains but has a reason to complain.

I cant imagine a referee playing on if there was any sign of a head injury.Anyway I apologise in advance if I have the wrong incident here & its not the one you are referring to but the one time I saw the ref play on when there was an injury was when one of the reds was rolling about on the ground,seemingly in agony holding his "leg". The referee dosen't need to stop play for that kind of injury unless he deems it bad enough,in his eyes,to do so. Just as well he didn't fall for it as the player,seeing that the whistle hadn't gone then got to his feet,laughing his socks off. The ref,in a stoppage, then went to the lino & then booked MORRIS. If that was for the tackle then so be it but the Rams player wasn't hurt whatsoever or at least in the way that he was making out he was & he should have been booked for excessive play acting also.

It's a cheating tactic the Wards deploy and i can't believe the refs don't see that it is a cheating tactic. I did smile when i saw Ollie Schulz rolling on the floor holding his when going in head first on Rob Haworth. Although i reckon he was play acting there to avoid getting booked.

I forgot to mention that the player I was referring to, when getting to his feet then walked 3 or 4 strides easily before realising he should "limp". This he did for about 3 strides until he began to trott away,minus a limp & with no signs of an injury whatsoever.

I recall be furious at the time but a lot of people around the incident laughed at his audacity.

I've given up supporting the blue side it depresses me to see how far they have fallen and Tony M you know my son plays for Ramsgate and I manage and coach the under 14s who happened to be ballboys yesterday so you trying to be smart is just petty mate.

I will put my sponsorship in other clubs next season it might be aprieciated elsewhere.

It dosen't matter who one supports,where they hail from or what their opinions are,any sponsorship is appreciated Tony.Yours included. Of course it was appreciated! Many thanks.

The fixture cards have proved to be very popular & will continue to be so in the future.