Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Amersham Town Football Club

I see from the Non League Today Website that Amersham Town Chairman Chris Mooney sadly resigned today, what do you read into that:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=49081

I echo that but reading between the lines of the statement there seems more to it

I heard that he has to go into hiding due to the fact that he is running several crack dens across North London, a whore house in Plymouth and an illegal c0ck fighting league somewhere in Devon.

But then, my source was Rhodes so its probably b0llox....

I meant where Mr Mooney states "i`ve done enough, it`s time for others to take it on." and "it became like a second job, literally six days a week, sorting out everything from a blocked toilet to a lightbulb." He sounds totally dispondent and fed up and I'm wondering why the Club's Chairman should be left to unblock toilets and change lightbulbs, something is wrong somewhere as our Chairman never goes near a light socket.

Strangely enough we played them the Saturday before last and the officials that came down indicated to me over their half time tea that the Club were in internal turmoil although they didn't divulge what the problem was and I didn't press them. The team however were excellent and you wouldn't have thought anything was amiss, we only beat them 2-1 and in Jude Eboji they have their own Lee Scott, Craig Hammond and Stuart Reynolds on their hands.

That's where you're all going wrong, you need a Howard, a Ulatowski or a Martin!! (Preferably all three...) laugh

Oi you lot! Stop reminiscing bout old times and make sure you win the league!!

A unique treble is on the cards this year!

I see that Chris Mooney's resignation is all over the Buckinghamshire Advertiser like a rash, he cites 'work commitments' as his reason for resigning however I'm always a bit suspicious when someone says that as it's an easy way out:

http://www.buckinghamshireadvertiser.co.uk/archives/2008/03/amersham_town_c.html

• 1 month later...

There is a particularly good feature on Amersham Town on the link contained below from a post on another's Forum:

www.hoppysnaps.blogspot.com