Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Division 1 Cup Final - Saturday 3 May 2008

I take it Rhodes didn't say "Hi" to Mr Ewen and discuss my officiating, my cup appointment, alleged links to Mr Theo, my Greekness (is that a word?), 'connections' to Haringey Borough.............

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Whereas you were too scared to go within ten feet of any of them.

Not at all I said hello to Mr Burns and Mr Forrester, why would I be scared

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Whereas you were too scared to go within ten feet of any of them.

Not at all I said hello to Mr Burns and Mr Forrester, why would I be scared

You need to be scared - very scared!

Why do you say that

A pretty fair report from 'our' website however I made Stuart Reynolds man of the match and 'we' were lucky that his team mates performed poorly overall:

Borough returned from the Cotlandswick home of London Colney FC to round off what must be their best ever season as they captured the Divisional Cup to secure their first silverware since winning the London Senior Cup in 1991. It was the third meeting of the Clubs this season and on each occasion Borough have triumphed by 2-1 and the six points gained previously were a major contribution to the winning of promotion at the first attempt achieved last week.

A nervous start against the wind saw Borough survive two dangerous situations when a long high ball was allowed to bounce around the penalty spot instead of being headed clear and Dan White pulled off a fine tip-over save. Then a back header from Kieran Donnelly fell slightly short and White did very well to push the ball away from the feet of Martin Wells without conceding a penalty and it was scrambled clear. Borough then got into their stride with Karl Lewis flying down the right wing and stretching the opposing defence. Borough took the lead in the 26th minute when Mark Maher slipped a perfect short ball in from the left to find Melvin Thompson on the edge of the area and he sent a low swerving first time shot into the far corner. Borough looked to be well in control with the height of Andy Stokes and the experience of Roy Parkyn effectively blocking the middle and Lloyd Mitchell giving little away on the left as well as rampaging forward whenever the opportunity arose. Ian Maitland and Leon Rolle provided solid support in front of the back four and Thompson schemed tirelessly. But Ampthill were always dangerous going forward and in the final minute of the half sent over two corners with the second causing a scramble in which Borough were relieved to see an unmarked opponent mis-kick entirely when he seemed sure to knock it home from close range.

As was to be expected Ampthill started the second half in determined fashion putting the Borough defence to a severe test. They seemed certain to score when a well worked move down the right saw a centre drop invitingly for Christian Lester just a few yards from goal and unmarked but he ballooned his shot high over the bar. It was Ry Hardy who never stopped running and was a constant thorn in the side of the Ampthill defence throughout who created the second goal with a fierce low drive from outside the penalty area. Midfield substitute Patrick Billong had anticipated well and had raced forward into the box and when the

Thanks Willo

It was a poor game in my opinion and we didn't really play well. However we have lost to Borough 2-1 three times this year and in all games they have been fortunate that we have had off days in front of goal.

I would like to say fair play to them but I will not on this occasion as that Ry Hardy and a few others in their side did not display one ounce of respect to us as a team or as individuals. Think he suffers with 'small mans syndrome'.

Oh and why London Colney? - Bear Grylls would have struggled getting up that hill!

Rant over.

I didn't think an awful lot of the match programme yesterday, produced by MK Publications (UK) Ltd, and felt that a lot more effort could have been made for such a prestigious match, does anyone else agree

I didn't think an awful lot of the match programme yesterday, produced by MK Publications (UK) Ltd, and felt that a lot more effort could have been made for such a prestigious match, does anyone else agree

YOU wouldn't - not enough pages for you?

It had both teams and the league's history, player & referee pen pics, past winners and this year's draw/results, line ups, and a welcome message from the chairman. What else should be in it?

Where do we start to have the alleged best programme?

It must be photocopied on the hurry up (whilst 'the colonel' is out to lunch) and be slightly on the slant.

It must contain 64 pages or more.

The content must contain match reports for pre-season friendlies from at least 8 months ago.

It must contain copyrighted material that has been stolen from newspapers or others websites.

It must NOT have a header theme throughout.

It must NOT have any style or joie de vie whatsoever.

It must go OTT on its welcoming page, which in practice is the only page any editorial work whatsoever has gone into.

It must be self publicised to the point of embarrasing tedium.

It must NOT be produced by anyone other than Rhodes.

It's as simple as that folks.

Wader - You couldn't be further from the truth. Yesterday's programme was okay and, as HTFCew says, perfectly acceptable but just a minimalist effort for a prestigious Cup Final, I just believe in going that extra mile that's all but each to their own.

Originally Posted By: Wader
Where do we start to have the alleged best programme?

It must be photocopied on the hurry up (whilst 'the colonel' is out to lunch) and be slightly on the slant.
It must contain 64 pages or more.
The content must contain match reports for pre-season friendlies from at least 8 months ago.
It must contain copyrighted material that has been stolen from newspapers or others websites.
It must NOT have a header theme throughout.
It must NOT have any style or joie de vie whatsoever.
It must go OTT on its welcoming page, which in practice is the only page any editorial work whatsoever has gone into.
It must be self publicised to the point of embarrasing tedium.
It must NOT be produced by anyone other than Rhodes.

It's as simple as that folks.

Not to forget the remarkable copy one of my mates picked up on a visit to their "home" game at Brimsdown last season, whereas the second half of the programme was an exact replica of the first only upside-down!