Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2008 programme awards

i must say i was quite impressed with bowers programme yesterday, from poor beginnings it seems to be improving year on year and it was good to see that it contained an element of humour,a quality so sadly lacking in most ESL programmes,with the 'wheres gillam playing this week' feature.

i believe that the best programme award for the ESL this year should be a close run thing between basildon,barking,APSA and bowers. Romford will probably win it just because of its reputation but its programme like its team seems to be living off 'former glories'.

interesting to read in yesterdays programme that 2 weeks after the event the league are still printing the incorrect apsa-beautmont result and therefore publishing a incorrect league table.WHAT IS THE FECKING PROBLEM HERE? HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO GET THE RIGHT RESULTS?HERES A LIST OF WAYS OF OBTAINING RESULTS FROM A CLUB. 1. PHONE,2.TEXT,3.EMAIL,4.LETTER,5.FAX,6.TELEGRAM.

FECKING AMAZING ISNT IT? A FORTNIGHT AFTER THE MATCH THE LEAGUE IS STILL PUBLISHING THE WRONG RESULT.

im in regular correspondance with another the man behind the 'another website' and he states that the ESL is the worst league in the country for supplying results.understand something BECAUSE YOU DO A JOB FOR FREE IS NO EXCUSE FOR BEING CRAP.

Originally Posted By: richard193
i must say i was quite impressed with bowers programme yesterday, from poor beginnings it seems to be improving year on year and it was good to see that it contained an element of humour,a quality so sadly lacking in most ESL programmes,with the 'wheres gillam playing this week' feature.
i believe that the best programme award for the ESL this year should be a close run thing between basildon,barking,APSA and bowers. Romford will probably win it just because of its reputation but its programme like its team seems to be living off 'former glories'.
interesting to read in yesterdays programme that 2 weeks after the event the league are still printing the incorrect apsa-beautmont result and therefore publishing a incorrect league table.WHAT IS THE FECKING PROBLEM HERE? HOW DIFFICULT IS IT TO GET THE RIGHT RESULTS?HERES A LIST OF WAYS OF OBTAINING RESULTS FROM A CLUB. 1. PHONE,2.TEXT,3.EMAIL,4.LETTER,5.FAX,6.TELEGRAM.
FECKING AMAZING ISNT IT? A FORTNIGHT AFTER THE MATCH THE LEAGUE IS STILL PUBLISHING THE WRONG RESULT.
im in regular correspondance with another the man behind the 'another website' and he states that the ESL is the worst league in the country for supplying results.understand something BECAUSE YOU DO A JOB FOR FREE IS NO EXCUSE FOR BEING CRAP.

good shout rich....do the basildon management and players get paid then?

Originally Posted By: Beeswax
'wheres gillam playing this week'

he made his debut for Tilbury confused

listening to rumours he might be his last game for a long long time....

whats all this then fellas,trying to get your own back on gillham me thinks ?,enrico you know full well they are not rumours,so why not just tell everyone i know you want to.

to be honest Darran is some sort of rumours circulating on the players circuit.Till we see that in black and white is better waiting and see.

I don't really care what happens at Concord or any other club Richard.I care only about Hullbridge and our players.I have had some experiences in the past and i mean more than 20 years ago with some friends that got themselves in trouble and i didn't like it at all mate.None of my business Richard.

Hullbridge players only drug next year will be bread, salame and red wine!!Joking aside Richards,i can have a laugh about everything but when you see what that crap does to a mate you grow up with,it ain't a joke.The best thing we can hope for is that our sons,keep out of that [****!!****].We all know there is an outside world that can kill ya..and the threat is real and everywhere...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
good point coachie,cocaine is a terrible drug and lets hope that ESL players can resist the temptation. but if they cant i can sort them out some proper gear at

yes coachie the comedown from cocaine can be quite severe but i find that doing a wrap a heroin tends to take the 'edge' of it.

enrico,lighten up mate,drug addiction is a terrible business,not that i would know of course,but if i can get a few cheap laughs on the subject then why not?

Originally Posted By: uncleurchin
good point dickie...they might win more than the 3 games they have this season under coachies expert technical guidance... grin

Originally Posted By: coach et 64
[Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance"
"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness"
How we measure success Uncle?

well you obviously measure it in terms of putting out losing teams under the false premise of youth development...plagarising quotations from greek philosopy and slagging off other clubs.... grin

takes all sorts I suppose...