Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hoddesdon V St Peter's

as a player for Hoddesdon I thought New Bradwell were comfortably the best footballing side we have played this season, that said I felt a draw was a fair result. Thought we were better first half with Bradwell having the share of the 2nd. I thought if we had taken 1 of our chances and made it 2-0 then it would have been game over. Each miss probably gave New Bradwell more hope and they deservedly got their goal. A good game i thought played at times at a decent pace.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Apparently we're now playing Ampthill Town at home on Monday 14 April so that's three games in the space of five days and four games in eight days

Thats what happens when you have no drainage. No doubt you will help when it comes to forking out thousands in the close season to rectify the problem.

Oh and before you say Black, kettle, pot etc we only have Hoddesdon and Buckingham home in April due to previously abandoned games and we have actually spent thousands over the last 18 months trying to rectify our own pitch problems.

Oh and my final word on your glee at our misfortune last night, just remember this, "He who laughs last laughs longest"

Don't believe there is anything in that.Fixtures were done for both March and April some time ago and then our game with Hoddesdon was called off and the only day available was 22nd April as Hoddesdon were playing on the 15th. The other factor as well is that no-one knew it was going to be such a close fought fight with several teams in the mix so inevitably there are a lot of games that happen to involve these teams playing against each other.

Bradwells Report

An absorbing game at Lowfields, played at break-neck speed throughout ended all square.

Hoddesdon started brightly and immediately took the game to their visitors. Bradwell relied on the breakaway whilst they gained a foothold in the game. The home side took the lead with their first meaningful attempt on goal. Richard Martin received a long ball in to the corner, he used his strength to move away from a defender and unleashed a volley which seemed to take an age to go into the net. Great forward play from the former Potters Bar striker. Hoddesdon celebrated as if they had already won the game.

Hoddeson continued to enjoy more possession but didn't really trouble Kennards goal again in the first half. Their best chance falling to Ulatowski, who's half volley at the far post went well wide. New Bradwell were lively on the counter attack and had half chances through Tite and Coulter. The home goalkeeper injuring a finger during one such attack after he had tipped the ball over the bar.

New Bradwell were much better in the second half and pushed Hoddeson back for much of the half. Greg Tite and Dave Cole both had reasonable chances which flew wide. Tite had Bradwell's best chance to that point after Lea Coulter played him in following a smart bit of work through the middle. Tite drew the keeper but blasted wide from the edge of the area.

Dean Robb was sent on to play in an advanced midfield role, Brendan Quill replaced Micky Downard at the back. Bradwell had enjoyed several good half chances throughout the half but as the end of the game drew closer, hadn't enjoyed much luck in front of goal.

Greg Tite had a shot from a free kick well saved by the stand in keeper. He was certainly the busier of the two keepers to that point in the half. Coulter saw a curling effort from the right hand side of the box go past the post. Brendan Quill also saw his scissor kick go wide of the post. Bradwell almost forced an equaliser after the keeper had parried a shot but Coulter and Tite couldn't force the ball home at the far post and it was cleared for a corner.

With Bradwell pushing forward and changing their formation to gamble a little, Hoddeson came back into the game and could have sewn it up when Peter Ulatowski found himself unmarked in the 6-yard box. His effort was tipped over the bar. Martin also had a one on one saved from the left side of the box by young keeper Tom Kennard. A very brave piece of defending from right back, Jason Robinson led to him coming off with a bad head cut which required five stitches.

Bradwell finally got back on level terms when the home side failed to deal with a cross from Rob Mooney. The ball fell to Dean Robb on the edge of the box, his volley flew past the keeper for his second of the season. Hoddesdon should have made the most of their chances but didn't, Bradwell were more than happy to take full advantage and deserved their goal after battling for every ball.

This was a real gutsy performance against a very good Hoddesdon side. The match was played at a terrific pace, end to end and full of effort and commitment from both sides. Man of the match was Rob Mooney. He, like the rest of the players, worked his socks off, covered every blade of grass and was as good as anything else on the pitch. Titey gave absolutely everything. King and Kalek worked hard throughout as did Cole and Coulter both going forward and in defending from the front. Defensively we looked sharp despite the late chances offered to Hoddeson when we were pushing for an equaliser.

Line up; Tom Kennard, Jason Robinson, Mihir Patel, Paul Stokes, Mike Downard, Rob Mooney, Lea Coulter, Mark Kalek, Greg Tite, Dave King, Dave Cole. Subs used; Dean Robb, Brendan Quill, Martyn Lee. Not used; Kieron Chouhan, Ben Chouhan.

Originally Posted By: southmidsfan
that is stupid - who plays on Monday night?
Why not after the 16th?

What's wrong with a Monday night, Ruislip Manor and Beaconsfield SYCOB never complain. I think it's a master stroke by Phil Rolt to identify the 14th although it's not doing us any favours, firstly with Ricky and Bianca back in Eastenders and secondly having to go to Bedford Town Reserves on the Saturday (12th) and then play Arlesey Athletic at home on the Wednesday (16th), it's asking a hell of a lot of us.

Fair comments striker and thanks for the compliment. I guess on reflection we were lucky you didnt get a second but I still feel we were better on the night, and I make a point of saying that as I dont make claims to be better than you, the league table doesn't lie. I just feel sometimes we dont get the credit we deserve as people seem to think we aren't a genuine threat to the 'big 4' clubs. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Originally Posted By: NewBradwell
Seems like Kentish will be finished their games way before everyone else leaving clubs around them knowing what they need to do to secure the runners up place

Thanks for the kind words NewBradwell. grin

ICU Jimmy, I haven't wrote you off yet, but I do believe that there are many twist and turns left yet. PS define the 'big 4'

Originally Posted By: Football Man
They can only play on the nights the athletics club let them!

Football Man - Obviously that is the case as we do dance to the Athletics Club's tune, that goes without saying. It was the same at Coles Park, Parkfield and Claremont Road albeit to a far lesser degree and at least we are treated with respect now and not dictated in a Robert Mugabe fashion.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Originally Posted By: southmidsfan
that is stupid - who plays on Monday night?
Why not after the 16th?

What's wrong with a Monday night, Ruislip Manor and Beaconsfield SYCOB never complain. I think it's a master stroke by Phil Rolt to identify the 14th although it's not doing us any favours, firstly with Ricky and Bianca back in Eastenders and secondly having to go to Bedford Town Reserves on the Saturday (12th) and then play Arlesey Athletic at home on the Wednesday (16th), it's asking a hell of a lot of us.

Ampthill Town v Buckingham Ath Saturday, 05 April 2008

Ampthill Town v Cranfield United Tuesday, 08 April 2008

Amersham Town v Ampthill Town Saturday, 12 April 2008

Ampthill Town v Brache Sparta Saturday, 19 April 2008

Ampthill Town v Bedford Saturday, 26 April 2008

CUP FINAL 3 May 2008

So where is the 'master stroke' in putting it on 14th when it could easily have been played mid week between 19th and 26th April when you have no fixtures.

Will you have to play Cheshunt Reserves Saturday 19 April?

I believe our game at Cheshunt is on Tuesday 22 April but blame them for that not us, their pitch was perfectly playable on 22 March!

The reason you cannot play the 26th is that Kentish do not have use of the ground see below

Sat 26 Apr 1st LICC, Copthall

First fixture for in the London Inter Club Challenge.

Includes events for U17, U15 and U13 Girls. Details