Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Merstham to be deducted 30 points

Regan

In an announcement today on the Surrey FA website, Merstham are to be deducted 30 points for fielding an illegible player, a Mr M Mouse.

All points gained for the 13 matches he played in will be deducted and they will have the league trophy taken off them.

wink

Well we can dream...

Who are the favourites for next season then?

What are Molesley like?

Although, I suppose no-one expected Guildford to be second at this stage of the season given last season's dismal performance...

Originally Posted By: Guildford Sweeney
In an announcement today on the Surrey FA website, Merstham are to be deducted 30 points for fielding an illegible player, a Mr M Mouse.

All points gained for the 13 matches he played in will be deducted and they will have the league trophy taken off them.

wink
Well we can dream...

Who are the favourites for next season then?
What are Molesley like?
Although, I suppose no-one expected Guildford to be second at this stage of the season given last season's dismal performance...

Is this is a joke?

Originally Posted By: RTFC Barmy Army drummer

Is this is a joke?

No, not at all. The website says it all. I feel sorry for Michael (known as Mickey to his team mates), he must be feeling very bad about all this.

You have to feel for the bloke. Not only has he cost his club the promotion they so reichly deserved but his missus Minnie has now run off with some bloke called Donald.

Originally Posted By: Guildford Sweeney
Originally Posted By: RTFC Barmy Army drummer

Is this is a joke?

No, not at all. The website says it all. I feel sorry for Michael (known as Mickey to his team mates), he must be feeling very bad about all this.

I have had a brief look on the Merstham website but dosn't say anything about it. send me the link to it the sweeney group. arschkalt

From http://www.surreyad.co.uk/sport/merstham_deducted_points.htm

Quote:

10/4/2008

Sport in Surrey

Merstham Deducted Thirty Points in Cruel Title Twist

In a bizarre and cruel end to their season, Merstham have had the Combined Counties League Premier Division league title stripped from them after it emerged that they fielded an American player without gaining the correct international clearance.

Details are currently sketchy but it appears that M Mouse, a midfielder who played at the beginning of the season, did not have the correct paperwork to compete in the league.

All points that the team gained while he played will be deducted, and this puts Merstham back into the title challenge for a trophy they already thought they had won.

Incredibly, Reading Town (who play in the same league) were also found to have employed the player during the season.

They will be deducted just 7 points, as in the 23 games that the player competed in for them, they won just two games and drew another.

The implications on Reading Town are less serious, as they have nothing to play for, but must now avoid being drawn into a relegation battle which would seriously disrupt their plans to move leagues next season.

An appeal has been arranged for next week, but the evidence against both teams is overwhelming.

Our congratulations go to the rising phoenix Guildford City, who will surely go on to win the league trophy.

First printed in: Merstham News and Mail

The link did not work for me either, I cannot understand it. Can you check the link please sweeney it does not appear to be functioning correctly. How do you think the players and management at Merstham are feeling now, they must be gutted. A similar thing happened to AFC Wimbledon I believe when they had a welsh player turn out for them, they missed out on promotion too.

I gather Huey, Duey and Luey are sick as a parrot.

John (RTFC Drummer)Please stay away from this forum. Your being stiched up mate by some very experienced competitors.

Stick to your own website as you are making Rdg Town look like a bunch of idiots.

El Gaff,Sweeney group,TSF and many others. Shame on you, the lad is only 16 years old and he loves the Town.I just wish he could recruit another 250 down to Scours Lane and make it worthwhile.

Good luck young man and keep the faith.