Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Billericay 2-2 Roll over Angels

I am ashamed to say that this is a first for me.

Tonbridge should sack all staff above number 1 the Keeper.

A disgrace to football and a disgrace to the Ryman league.

When their manager bolted on to the pitch to rage at his players for shaking hands with the ref i looked on stunned. Even their number 2 commented on his managers outburst saying it was disgraceful.

Needless to say if this club make the playoffs then the league need to have a recount on all of their recent games.

When you hear a teams own players saying how they should take out players then it's a sad day for football.

I applaud Billericay for the way they came back (but then i would) well done lad's

AND STILL THE ANGELS CANT BEAT US

I've been to hundreds of football matches at various levels and I don't think I've ever seen scenes like we saw today particularly after the final whistle.

From a footballing point of view, I thought a draw was a fair result, another good second half comeback and a tidy equaliser from BWG.

The visitors tactics from early on were a disgrace to football, starting with the bench's reaction to Hodges challenge in front of them in the first half and continuing throughout the rest of the game.

Fair play to the ref who stood up to it in the second half.

If there was a League official about today, you'd hope the matter is taken to a higher level.

Originally Posted By: Brightside Bloke
I am ashamed to say that this is a first for me.
Tonbridge should sack all staff above number 1 the Keeper.
A disgrace to football and a disgrace to the Ryman league.
When their manager bolted on to the pitch to rage at his players for shaking hands with the ref i looked on stunned. Even their number 2 commented on his managers outburst saying it was disgraceful.
Needless to say if this club make the playoffs then the league need to have a recount on all of their recent games.
When you hear a teams own players saying how they should take out players then it's a sad day for football.

I applaud Billericay for the way they came back (but then i would) well done lad's

AND STILL THE ANGELS CANT BEAT US

who you got in the play offs..............
silly me,you cant make them grinarse

When their own players have a go at the manager as the number 2 did (and he was Captain) then that says it all.

2 - 2 is about fair i suppose.

Proud to be BLUE and i agree with their Number 2

I actually think Tonbridge where sussed today; and their management teams shortcomings were there for all to see.

Yes, they're a decent side but no where near the same class as some of high flyers in this league.

They've a good recent record but they've been running on adrenelin and confidence. As soon as you make a dent in that they start arguing beween themselves, their heads drop, they get dirty and their limited management have no Plan B.

They may make the play-offs, but I can't see them winning them and it would be a travesty if they did. Both AFC's are far superior for starters.

We were not good in the first half. I was really suprised that the same eleven started the second, but I suppose the two goal comeback will justify that decision in the minds of most. I think it was a shame we did not see Black at all and TJ for longer. Bradley is frustrating me; a brilliant goal but f.a. else. Billy has much promise, but not quite the whole deal, yet. I think we also have a couple who are just not up to the job in this league, but presumably that will be sorted through the summer, and at present "needs must".

So, a hard earned point against a top 5 team which for a lot of sides would be quite satisfying. But at 'ricay, rightly or wrongly, our expectations are a bit higher.

From the first tackle they were play acting and staying down for long periods of time and diving at every challenge, The way they were diving they should join the local swimming pool !!!.I must say they were a joke to football the leauge and the club and i must say i can't wait for next seasons fixtures to come out as this will be the first in the diary.

UP THE R'CAY

Angels with dirty faces or should they be called Tonbridge Ar$eholes? This lot made the Braintree sides of old look almost virginal. Don't think I've ever witnessed such a display of cheating, which was a shame for them 'cos they showed in the first half they didn't need to do it. A sweet comeback, made all the sweeter for their reaction at the end. Can't wait for next season now!

I thought it was a game that typified our season really.

Inconsistency of performance and individual errors coupled with moments of quality and the ability to recover from a defecit.

My view is that if Tonbridge had played with even a semblance of common sense, they would have won the game but their management allowed themselves to get involved in far too many sideshows rather than worrying about their side.

I look at the table at some of the teams above us and I honestly can't believe we are not more involved in it. We have to do better than this.

Just been over to the Tonbridge forum and wow!!! They're bench are apparently complaining that they were abused from the beginning of the game by all the supporters behind their dug out.

It's a bit like reading a transcript from a 4 year old...after being caught doing something wrong...excuse after excuse and "it's not my fault".

Jeeezzzz...I thought they were bad when they were with Horsham but FFS...

Oh dear. This would be the same bench that called us a bunch of effing essex inbreds... the same bench that had someone sent off for hurling a continual stream of abuse at the linesman, who then proceeded to call everyone within earshot a "see you next tuesday" and the same bench that had to pull their manager away from the referee at the final whistle. Their players were rightly castigated for diving, but surprisingly little was aimed at the bench until they started to lose their rag.

I've encountered most of the more notorious managers in local football over the last few years and the only one that comes close to Warrilow in terms of a lack of grace, dignity and sportsmanship was Graham Westley. Even the likes of Jeff King (arguably the worst loser I've met) could muster a joke occasionally.

DISGUSTING

is the only word I can think of to desribe the behavour of the tonbridge "angels" management and players at the end of the game. Not only was the manager and some players restrained from attacking the ref who, although a bit officious certainly didnt do them any harm, in fact he allowed them to feign injury and dive all over the place and waste time the whole game, but when leaving the field to the usual fans barrage of derision they decided not to leave and go inside to the dressing rooms but to stop and confront the fans who were securely restrained behind the fencing and no danger to the players until they decided to come back out and have a go. With the stewards and officials of both clubs attempting to get them into the enclosed area they then resort to trying to fight the people trying to protect them.

I cant understand what they were so incenced about unless it was their frustration of throwing away a 2 goal lead they had been given. our team both on and off the pitch are a model to other teams of how to play the gme fairly and accept decisions as final whether right or wrong. It is just a shame that we have to put up with thuggish and unsporting behaviour from others.

Quote:
Tonbridge certainly have plenty of footballing ability, but what they'll be remembered for here was a pathetic performance of constantly trying to con match officials by dramatically diving when challenged and arguing over just about every decision.

Spot on. Needless to say they will dispute this also.

They are outside the playoffs for now at 6th place, let's hope it stays that way if not worse.

Cheating never pays.