Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup & Vase draws

Originally Posted By: Special1
A vote of confidence from Rhodes? doh

Special1 - Were your ears burning earlier as I was discussing your draw with Hector on the phone, there is no reason why you shouldn't get through if you have a strong team out.

Wader - That's the beauty of the draw, what would have been your dream draw then if you could have chosen anybody

I personally think it is difficult to gauge the outcome of any early round tie. It is easy to look at clubs comparative performances in the previous season but, unlike football league clubs which tend to be quite stable, an awful lot can happen at a non-league club in the close season. And with the EP games coming only a week into the new season I think it is difficult to say that any tie is "easy" or that any result is a "shock."

Just saying it will be a tough game i played against Hatfield last season in a friendly and it wasnt very friendly if you no what i mean. Hatfield are a physical side so will be hard game.

ps you had you Caps lock on..........

oh right fair enough! i watched hatfield a few times last season and they are nowhere near as bad as they used to be! who was you playing for last season????

ps thanks!

Originally Posted By: PB!
Wouldnt underestimate North Greenford, step higher than SleB and always top 5 or 6 in their division.

Good footballing side who would have been a tough game for most SSML Prem sides.

Shame about the money thing having got the bye. smile

PB, that is one thing we never do, underestimate the opposition. We know NGU relatively well being local to us.

Don't believe Hector's wasting his time talking about SLB now he's got the best non-league job going according to a certain somebody. Regarding Rhodes talkng about us? He has plenty of time on his hands. biglaugh

Originally Posted By: cockwatch
oh right fair enough! i watched hatfield a few times last season and they are nowhere near as bad as they used to be! who was you playing for last season????

ps thanks!

Who didnt i play for will probably be easier to answer. I started at Enfield FC then to St Margaretsbury to Cheshunt to Cockfosters. This season i have signed for Brimsdown.

Originally Posted By: Special1
Don't believe Hector's wasting his time talking about SLB now he's got the best non-league job going according to a certain somebody. Regarding Rhodes talkng about us? He has plenty of time on his hands. biglaugh

Special1 - You are very childish, I was offering you an olive branch by saying that you have every chance at North Greenford United in the FA Vase but wish I hadn't bothered. Firstly Hector is now Head Coach of the most famous amateur Football Club in the World, I don't think he could have done any better in non league football, following his departure from Kentish Town, other than going to a League Club. Secondly it is only 2 July today and the new season doesn't kick off until 9 August, anything can happen in the next five weeks as there are countless Club's crying out for voluntary administrative help particularly from people more than happy to go that extra mile, your programme could do with a facelift for example.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Secondly it is only 2 July today and the new season doesn't kick off until 9 August, anything can happen in the next five weeks as there are countless Club's crying out for voluntary administrative help particularly from people more than happy to go that extra mile, your programme could do with a facelift for example.

Are you volunteering Rhodes? Eagles could do some great photo's for the programme grin

Out of interest, what do our SSML clubs who are in the FA Cup/Vase see as a success in these competitions? Do you have a round that you look to get to and anything extra is a bonus, would you just be happy to just draw a bigger club even if it means you are less likely to progress further? Are you just happy to be in the FA Cup or just want to play different teams and at different grounds to what you are used to?

Originally Posted By: AWK
Eagles could do some great photo's for the programme grin

AWK - Do you seriously think Eagles1981 exists, I gave you more credit than that

As for olive branches, you wouldn't know what one looked like if it smacked you in the face.

As for facelifts, you need to look at your own image mate, as you have a funny way of pimping your services to teams that have no interest in taking you on, as a programme editor or the keyholder to the changing rooms. biglaugh You're a loose cannon and too high maintenance for any sensible club with no sign of changing. KT did well to come to their senses.

Special1 - Well now your gloves appear to be coming off and I'm disappointed by your comments, I'll put them down to sour grapes in that you're kicking yourself for not securing Hector's services when you had the perfect opportunity to do so, instead he joined Kentish Town and the rest is history whereas you may well have been playing in the Premier Division next season. Your mistake was not keeping the momentum going when you were in a good position to challenge if I recall about half way through the campaign, Hector would have ensured that you kicked on rather than tamely falling by the wayside and a lot of the blame for that can be put at your own door for not seeing the writing on the wall.

Originally Posted By: AWK
Out of interest, what do our SSML clubs who are in the FA Cup/Vase see as a success in these competitions? Do you have a round that you look to get to and anything extra is a bonus, would you just be happy to just draw a bigger club even if it means you are less likely to progress further? Are you just happy to be in the FA Cup or just want to play different teams and at different grounds to what you are used to?

Getting back on topic.......

Would like to go at least one better than the 4th qual round of the FA Cup that we reached in 73-74, and the 3rd round of the Vase (done that twice - in 86-87 & 2003-04). As a supporter, I like to visit new grounds/teams. As a committee member, I would just like us to win some prize money. In the last 3 years we have been knocked out in the 1st game twice, and so lost money after paying travelling etc.