Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA Cup & Vase draws

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Getting back on topic.......

Would like to go at least one better than the 4th qual round of the FA Cup that we reached in 73-74, and the 3rd round of the Vase (done that twice - in 86-87 & 2003-04). As a supporter, I like to visit new grounds/teams. As a committee member, I would just like us to win some prize money. In the last 3 years we have been knocked out in the 1st game twice, and so lost money after paying travelling etc.

Are you happy with the draw HTFCew? Not ideal away from home and will no doubt be a tough match but I would say that it is very winable for you. Would you have preferred a non SSML club though or are you happy with a team that you know?

Are you happy with the draw HTFCew? Not ideal away from home and will no doubt be a tough match but I would say that it is very winable for you. Would you have preferred a non SSML club though or are you happy with a team that you know?

think the team HTFCew knew is no more!!!

Keeper No.1 - What do you mean by that, have Oxhey Jets gone skint then as this is the first I've heard of it

Hector this Hector that...........did you have any clue what was going on at the club rhodsey............im starting to think that you did not.

Hector work was appreciated by the club, but at the end of the day, he was only an assistant coach, nothing more. He is only a tactical coach and still learning his trade, and you can not teach tactics at every training session, it becomes BORING, BORING.......... and most players need to have training session that are (whilst) intense and enjoyable. Wondered why the numbers of players at training fell as the sesson progressed (have a think, and let me know,.

So please rhodsey stop building up Hector to be a one man show, takes more than one person, to make a succesful football team and club, let him get on with his job quietly, and if and when he does well under his own steam, i will congratulate him.

Stop building ppl up or teams for that matter, take it from me rhodsey, u r putting unneccesary pressure on everyone and 9 out 10 end up with egg on your face..........at least learn one lesson from your past mistakes.

Originally Posted By: AWK

I would have preferred visiting a ground I've not been to before.

With the EP rounds taking place so early in the season (it'll be probably only our 3rd competitive game)there is no form to rely on and anything can happen whoever it is we play.

Anyone know why only 12 of the 21 teams in Div One are in the Vase?

Just to confirm, that KTFC's home cup tie, due to be played on the 16th of August 2008, will now be played at home on Sunday the 17th of August................kick off at 3.00pm.

Hope this news will now stop certain ppl (lol) guessing if we are going to play at home or away (lol)

see you all there.

Originally Posted By: Tiger007

Hector work was appreciated by the club, but at the end of the day, he was only an assistant coach, nothing more. He is only a tactical coach and still learning his trade, and you can not teach tactics at every training session, it becomes BORING, BORING.......... and most players need to have training session that are (whilst) intense and enjoyable. Wondered why the numbers of players at training fell as the sesson progressed (have a think, and let me know,.

I would agree that if training sessions are not mixed and matched and changed for the various stages in the season players may become bored but there is no excuse really for players not bothering to turn up for training even if they were bored. They are playing semi-pro and as such should enjoy it as long as they can, for the younger ones that could still move up the ladder. If the sessions were overly tactical far enough but still there are always lessons to be learned.

Surely the rest of the management team dealt with this issue when it arose? You cant really have players saying "not turning up its boring" then who is in control?

BTW - Dont know Hector or his background.

Originally Posted By: bosman08
BTW - Dont know Hector or his background

Don't worry you soon will when he turns Corinthian Casuals around next season

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat
Originally Posted By: Tiger007
Just to confirm, that KTFC's home cup tie, due to be played on the 16th of August 2008, will now be played at home on Sunday the 17th of August................kick off at 3.00pm.

Does that mean I have to do my hair for the TV Cameras then biglaugh grin laugh

dont worry about hair to much....cameras arent allowed in dugout!

I believe it's on More Al Jezeera (channel 518) as a curtain raiser for their 2008/9 season of top flight footie! alk

just thought id let you know its on CBBC but if you miss it its on a repeat at 5.30 on Blue Peter so tune in.

Met Keeps No1 yday and younger Keeps and id just thought id mention that what nice people they are and let me tell you now

that younger keeps has got a bright future in football to look forward to so keep it up young Keeps,Tommy K