Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It's free.....

OldTowner

Hornchurch FC are leafletting their local area to the tune of 5000 leaflets to raise awareness of their club and give the scheduled fixtures out to the residents. They are also asking their fans to put up posters in their local pub of upcoming fixtures.

Just food for thought.

I know the Gazzete reports are more thorough than the freebies we get in the post, but it'd be nice for the freeby papers to print out the next 4-5 games for the Town and also the league tables, it would get people following and interested.

Since formation the club has been very proactive in trying to attract youngsters, although I accept this has not resulted in great numbers attending. In previous years we have distributed thousands of flyers that included free tickets to schools in Enfield and we are running coaching schemes in Enfield schools where children receive club merchandise and free tickets . Tottenham Hotspur also distributes Enfield Town information through their football in the community initiatives as part of the link we have developed with them. There is also the annual anti racist poetry competition we run with Spurs and the Council which is open to all primary schools and has attracted an increasing number of entries.

We have also pegged admission at

Originally Posted By: bdave
Since formation the club has been very proactive in trying to attract youngsters, although I accept this has not resulted in great numbers attending. In previous years we have distributed thousands of flyers that included free tickets to schools in Enfield and we are running coaching schemes in Enfield schools where children receive club merchandise and free tickets . Tottenham Hotspur also distributes Enfield Town information through their football in the community initiatives as part of the link we have developed with them. There is also the annual anti racist poetry competition we run with Spurs and the Council which is open to all primary schools and has attracted an increasing number of entries.

We have also pegged admission at

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
.... a cuddly furry mascot to idol .....

Arky is always busy in the shop though!!!!! evil

I didn't know you cared Gazza.

Getting back to the plot, could we invite the various local youth organisations along to a game, ie the Scouts for one game, Beaver Scouts to another?. Let them in free as a group & then hopefully they'll like whats going on & want to come back with their families.
Think a half-time penalty comp for the kids is a cracking idea, have seen some other comps at various league grounds that could also be adapted, eg hitting the Crossbar from a set distance, or a relay race whilst kicking the ball.

To be honest the most successful recruitment initiative would be a winning and entertaining team - hopefully we will get that this season!

[/quote

I agree 100% with the last two lines of your comments. I also do not doubt the schemes that ETFC have been 'pro-active' in.

But is visiting a home game fun for an under 14? what is their for them to laugh at and be interested in other than a game of footy. Children are different to adults and concentration spans are limited.

If they had a Penalty shoot out prior to kick off or at half time, a cuddly furry mascot to idol at it would be more for the kids, these are just 2 suggestions.

I'm pretty hot on this topic and can slate the Club for some of its failings, but like i've said b4 finding faults is easy.

The schemes at the end of the day are not working.

Be careful here EU - we are running a football club, not a theme park for 14 year olds with the attention spans of absent-minded goldfish!

I am all in favour of initiatives to attract more support (of all ages) to the club, although we must accept that a lot of them just don't work; flyers and cheap/free tickets, for example, have a depressingly low take-up rate. Furthermore, one or two oflast season's big recruitment drives were scuppered on the day by a woeful team performance and an atmosphere-free home defeat.

As bdave had said, the most successful initiative is a winning team playing attractive football - and, I would add - playing it at a well-run, welcoming club. That above all else would encourage the one-off visitors to return.

Originally Posted By: Arkwright

I didn't know you cared Gazza.

Getting back to the plot, could we invite the various local youth organisations along to a game, ie the Scouts for one game, Beaver Scouts to another?. Let them in free as a group & then hopefully they'll like whats going on & want to come back with their families.
Think a half-time penalty comp for the kids is a cracking idea, have seen some other comps at various league grounds that could also be adapted, eg hitting the Crossbar from a set distance, or a relay race whilst kicking the ball.

Your thinking along the same lines as myself believe it or not.

Your inviting along scouts, beavers, youth club/teams. I've suggested we have a 'YOUTH DAY' twice a season and a Pen Shoot out was just an idea, but a relay comp with a ball or four coaching sessions in each corner of the ground for 10mins during half time would give something back to the youth from aged 4-14.

I think FJ's comments are negative, 'theme park' is a sarcastic exaggeration, I would call it Fun for the youngsters while at ETFC.

Now add an attractive winning team to this and your in business big time. But above all we need our own home to potentially do our own schemes better

Not meant to be negative, just realistic based on experience. I'd rather see ten new fans who come for the football (and are potentially in it for the long haul) than a hundred kids on freebies who'd rather be somewhere else.

FJ, like u i'm a loyal Town supporter but would prefer to carry this conversation in private with u over a cuppa or half a Fosters, as I could upset some fellow supporters with my comments, or encourage negativity.

As for S of B, are'nt cup matches on BBC, I thoght we'd have Gary 'ears' Lineker presnting this one, Maybe a potential all ticket affair and a large big screen in the bar for the unlucky ones?

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: OldTowner
I see that Witham have introduced Free Entry to all their Home League games for all supporters under the age of 16.
They see this as a way of bringing new supporters through the turnstills and supporting the Club.

Are there any new initiatives at Town to bolster the Brimmo crowds ?

What do other Clubs do to encourage new support ?
( other than winning every game !! )

This topic was brought up on the 12th of August and we've had a good offer from the freak from Wally Abbey for a 'supporters match.

A lot of the board know who I am and some supporters do as well, so I propose that we should have a footy in the community day, i.e ETFC boys to play Abbey youth, brimmo youth and cheshunt youth from 8's upwards then have a 35+ vets supporters match between the same clubs.

But for this to be done properly all matches should be played on the ETFC/Brimmo pitch so it feels special for everyone involved. We can have MP's, local councillors, the mayor etc get the first team players to referee from each club, invite some pro's to come down (you never know) and we can make it a good day for worthy fund raising for each youth section as well as giving a big percentage to a worthy charity i.e Cancer research. The club will benefit from good bar takings.

It can all be an end of season event so the pitch would be at the start of its summer recess