Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

It's free.....

OldTowner

I see that Witham have introduced Free Entry to all their Home League games for all supporters under the age of 16.

They see this as a way of bringing new supporters through the turnstills and supporting the Club.

Are there any new initiatives at Town to bolster the Brimmo crowds ?

What do other Clubs do to encourage new support ?

( other than winning every game !! )

This is a very good topic that the board dont seem to be too active on. I know faults are easy to find but as a club we do need to build up a lot more community involvement.

My suggestions are and some are used at other supporters trust clubs:

1/ we should have 2 youth days a season for matches that are deemed winnable and do not have large following away supporters. All kids will be allowed in for free and an dult will have a

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
Re youngsters, the club does have a good scheme. Join the JETS for a fiver and you get in for free and you can be a mascot for games. Both my kids have done this before and have loved it.

I agree totally. Plus my kids have been mascots too and my kids play for Enfield Town Youth as well.

However you dont then stand still with your finger on your chin wondering why attendences and interest is not increasing. Schemes to get more youth into games can only benefit the Club in a positive way. The more the merrier

Re youngsters, the club does have a good scheme. Join the JETS for a fiver and you get in for free and you can be a mascot for games. Both my kids have done this before and have loved it.

Well said Happy, the "JETS" scheme does work well. Membership basically includes a Season Ticket, and as you say a chance for them to Mascot both Home and Away.

Lets hope this year we can get a lot more "JETS"

drinkies

Really? I will have to tell my kids!! My Craig will be well impressed! evil

Originally Posted By: Gazza

Really? I will have to tell my kids!! My Craig will be well impressed! evil

Its for Under 14's you numpty doh

Originally Posted By: Gazza
doah Oh so I cant bring my Dad along & join myself either then? Gutted.

That Mr Happy has upset a lot of people, The Hat's Mum is already on her way down to get ready for the game Saturday!

Just a typpo on his part pure and simple. Any waywho cares we just went and won that Lovely Charity Cup, let em all come to Goldsdown Road on Saturday to take a look

drinkies

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader

Well said Happy, the "JETS" scheme does work well. Membership basically includes a Season Ticket, and as you say a chance for them to Mascot both Home and Away.

Lets hope this year we can get a lot more "JETS"

drinkies

Lets stay on the subject cos I think its an important one.

Yes the JETS scheme is great and the ideology is what footy in the community is all about.

But if we are going to grow we need to increase the numbers and get fathers and sons/daughters coming to matches together, something that is not easy to achieve for the normal working or non working man/woman to do at our neighbouring prem clubs cos of the cost.

Our club has to also make additional efforts that will attract those who don't come along to the Town.

A friendly cuddly giant mascot would be good, cutting out players foul language which can be heard loud and clear for those in attendance would be 2 steps to consider in making it a more attractive place to be.

Dont mis understand me i'm a Town fan through and through and have contributed handsomely to our clubs cause but as a new(ish) club I think we have a great opportunity at being different to other non leaguers and set the standards higher

Totally agree.

Get into schools to promote the club at school assemblies.

Have contract players offer their services in some capacity.

Offer free admission with a parent/carer in tow.

Free draws with matchday prizes.

Kids come to five games as paying customers and automatically become a JET with free admision after that. It helps to spread the

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Totally agree.

Look to make a fuss of the kids. However, we also need something at the ground to keep the kids' interested during the game as 90 minutes is a long time.

Thank you. I've got a mate at last, I thought I was alone. You have to be child friendly cos they'll bring the adults with them.

Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Totally agree.

Look to make a fuss of the kids. However, we also need something at the ground to keep the kids' interested during the game as 90 minutes is a long time.

Thank you. I've got a mate at last, I thought I was alone. You have to be child friendly cos they'll bring the adults with them.
And the Kids buy all the Goodies too, you ask Arky!!! evil2

Originally Posted By: Squadron Leader
Originally Posted By: Enfield United
Totally agree.

And the Kids buy all the Goodies too, you ask Arky!!! evil2

Thats another thing, we need to get more kids in our borough to wear ETFC gloves, bobble hats/caps and scarves, but you can only do this if you get the footfall through the turnstiles.