Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Heavy Defeat at C****y

richards

Originally Posted By: Canvey Fan 1926
EASY EASY EASY - You were totally outclassed today, and your support was shocking.

I don't think we should be saying things about their support. They were plenty vocal and to be honest, I think we should have had a couple of hundred more through the gates. Oh well.

Good game though. smile

Yeah, I agree we should have had more through the gates. But I totally disagree with you that they were 'plenty vocal'. For the first 10 mins or so they made a bit of noise (correction on my earlier post wink ) but after that they hardly made any noise at all! Maybe that was because we were singing loudly and I couldn't hear them smirk

Good day lads, look forward to the visit to your place smile

Originally Posted By: Adam.S
Must admit, canvey were the noisiest. Our 4th goal summed the game up really. Worster comes out and mis-kicks the ball, 1 of their players gets the ball and knocks it into an open goal. Very disappointing game.

The look on your keepers face said it all, he just hung his head in shame...I must admit though, you wasn't a 'bad' team today, we just played some fantastic football and it is hard to counter that.

Originally Posted By: Bill of Shenfield
You may have been the nosiest if you are standing next to the small group, but if you were away from them then it was a different matter. I stood halfway between the 2 groups and heard more from the Billericay support than Canvey.

Walking around the ground just before half time, then just after that wasn't the case! I could hear Canvey, but not Ricay. We did have more things to cheer about though wink

I think att. was just over 540? Something like that...

I don't think you can blame Worster for the 4th. From where I was standing it looked a suicidal back pass but that doesn't take it away from the whole performance from the team was poor. I think it unfair to point fingers at one or two individual incidents. I think the defeat has more to say about us and our performance than Canvey and theirs, to be honest and I'll predict that that score line won't happen again, against Canvey or anyone...but this one does hurt and hurt badly...

So, we put this one to bed and dust ourselves down and get on with the season. The league is a marathon, not a sprint and nothing is won in the first month. We have a long way to go and we all know there are many twists, turns, periods of good fortune and bad to ride along before the end of April 2009.

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC
I don't think you can blame Worster for the 4th. From where I was standing it looked a suicidal back pass but that doesn't take it away from the whole performance from the team was poor. I think it unfair to point fingers at one or two individual incidents. I think the defeat has more to say about us and our performance than Canvey and theirs, to be honest and I'll predict that that score line won't happen again, against Canvey or anyone...but this one does hurt and hurt badly...

From a Canvey perspective, I totally disagree with you. I don't think you were 'poor' as such, maybe not the best you could have been, but definitely not poor! You passed the ball around well and looked fairly sharp in midfield..but then who am I to comment on your team?!

Very disappointing result.

I'm actually glad I couldn't make the game now.

Wasn't expecting such a heavy defeat at all. The team's not played all that well the last two home games, but at least we've managed to win them.

Ah well. Another home match on Saturday, hopefully a better result.

this is the worst billericay team that has been put out for many years.what depth have we on the subs bench 1 first teamer and 3 youth players.I notice that town cryer does not want any criticism but we pay our money and are entitled to comment

How many did you thrash poor old struggling Swifts by,UB2?

Originally Posted By: CJ Sider
this is the worst billericay team that has been put out for many years.what depth have we on the subs bench 1 first teamer and 3 youth players.I notice that town cryer does not want any criticism but we pay our money and are entitled to comment

You do have a perfect right to crtisise the performance today and looking at your post you have. Got you're money's worth? So lets just look at the players that are out injured. Bradley Woods Garnes, Steve Heffer, Tim Cole, Jamie Dormer, Matt Game, Solomon Henry...and Dave Wareham was also unavailable.

We do have depth in the squad but best will in the world, the experience that is out injured would put any team on the back foot...flipping that arguement on it's head, we had plenty of experience on the pitch...We just didn't show up when it mattered. End of...

As for the worse Billericay team that has been put out...you could say that about the team that Braintree beat 5 - 0 three seasons ago, that went on to come 2nd in the league...and so it goes on...