Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

F.A. Youth Cup Game Tonight,

Yorkfox

Feeling a little angry this morning. Last night I was standing outside the main entrance waiting with others for one of the turnstiles to open. Some left thinking the match was off. I hung around to see what was happening. A car drove up and the driver was looking for someone to open the main gate to let him through.

He was the chairman of the East Grinstead boys. He said the match was definately on and asked if there was another way in. I directed him to the away end car park and then followed.

Once in I walked round to the main gate and waited for my mate to appear. Caught him just about as he was on his way home and with a few other newbies to PASE games like myself made his way to the away end turnstiles.

Four PASE 2nd string were also at the gate trying to get in on their passes. They were refused entry. I know it's a cup game, but some commonsense must prevail. They managed to get in eventually, one guy even offered to pay for them but the lads refused his offer on a point of principle.

With the media telling us about the match, why did they not open one turnstile at the main entrance at the expense of the turnstile at the away end. Even a notice at the main gate would suffice, to the effect that that access to the ground was via the away end tunstile.

If a member of staff reads this, bear in mind that there are fans out there that do not know the PASE match setup.

Rant over and looking forward to the next PASE home match. Provided of course that it is publicised.

...yes I can echo the above. I initially thought the game was off but as the flodlights were on drove round to the car park and found the turnstile open there. Young lads were being asked to pay even though the cliamed to be "squad players".

I was the only person in the bar for 15 mins before the game!

Good match and a first that I have seen a hat-trick of pen saves although why the folow up for the 2nd was disallowed beats me.

Hi All. I've noted the above posts re the problems last Thursday. Only comments I can make are to apologise for the problems and that I'll discuss with the staff tomorrow to sort out the issues regarding access etc.

I didn't get involved with the process but assumed it would work the same as in previous years. (If it's any consolation, I insisted on paying my