Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Anyone want a Grays player?

Stu M

From their website:

Following the financial situation that is affecting the country as a whole, Grays Athletic FC regretfully announces the following.

The clubs three major sponsors have been forced to withdraw their financial support for the club and therefore some drastic economic cuts will have to be made.

After an emergency board meeting the clubs directors have stated the following;

The general running costs involved in providing overnight accommodation, transport and medical cover during the season will be greatly affected.

Salaries paid to contract / non contract players and staff will have to be reduced, this would mean players salaries being cut by 50% from now, the club would however seek to repay the deficit at times when funds are available.

Players who are affected by the changes will be free to leave the club with immediate affect; however the club will make every effort to minimise the disruption to training and preparation for matches.

Chairman Mike Woodward states "I have nothing to hide, the whole country and many businesses and football clubs are in a state of uncertainty, living beyond their means, not knowing where money is coming from to pay employees wages, the club are making the players, the Football Conference, the FA and the general public aware of the situation now rather than waiting until the end of the month when wages and bills may not be met".

"I can assure everyone that creditors have or will be paid in full by the end of the month and you can rest assure that Grays Athletic FC will fulfil all fixtures for the remainder of the season"

Originally Posted By: Stu M
From their website:

Following the financial situation that is affecting the country as a whole, Grays Athletic FC regretfully announces the following.

The clubs three major sponsors have been forced to withdraw their financial support for the club and therefore some drastic economic cuts will have to be made.

The general running costs involved in providing overnight accommodation, transport and medical cover during the season will be greatly affected.

Salaries paid to contract / non contract players and staff will have to be reduced, this would mean players salaries being cut by 50% from now, the club would however seek to repay the deficit at times when funds are available.

Players who are affected by the changes will be free to leave the club with immediate affect; however the club will make every effort to minimise the disruption to training and preparation for matches.

Chairman Mike Woodward states "I have nothing to hide, the whole country and many businesses and football clubs are in a state of uncertainty, living beyond their means, not knowing where money is coming from to pay employees wages, the club are making the players, the Football Conference, the FA and the general public aware of the situation now rather than waiting until the end of the month when wages and bills may not be met".

"I can assure everyone that creditors have or will be paid in full by the end of the month and you can rest assure that Grays Athletic FC will fulfil all fixtures for the remainder of the season"

bit double dutch that one as quite clearly wages will not be met in full at the end of the month...

I suppose we or indeed perhaps me should be quite pleased given their gleeful ransacking of our players 5 years ago but somehow I cannot bring myself to feel that way....I sincerely hope they pull through...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
Originally Posted By: Stu M
From their website:

bit double dutch that one as quite clearly wages will not be met in full at the end of the month...

I suppose we or indeed perhaps me should be quite pleased given their gleeful ransacking of our players 5 years ago but somehow I cannot bring myself to feel that way....I sincerely hope they pull through...

Urchin, i actually respect what you have said there. We may not have ever seen eye to eye but im in agreement with you. I hope Grays pull through this, i never want any football club to go under.