Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Witham Town v ENFIELD TOWN

waggamick

Should be a goalfest looking at the Goals Allowed columns.

Despite being last Witham Town have only gone down by a single goal in their last two games v GWR and Ilford and both were Away.

Town are definitely on the improve and will go in hot faves but beware of complacency.

Still...feeling confident enough to give Town a 3 goal margin..5-2 win to town.

Can't believe the Town coach is looking after 3 teams...is that right?

This is as tricky a game as they come. Mid-week, a bit of traveling to do and a side bottom of the league(ish) with only narrow defeats of late. Town need to be on their guard and treat this game as if its gonna be a tough one, which I have no doubt it will.

Becareful of complacency, so long as we do and for god sake we defend better in both wide and central areas compared to our matches to date then I feel our striking power can do the damage.

I'll go for a 4-1 away win for the Town.

Hereis an incentive to the players. Beat bottom of the table Witham with a cricket score and we have a chance to go eleventh! What a turnaround that would be!

1 Brentwood Town 13 9 4 0 27 9 +18 31

2 Waltham Abbey 13 8 4 1 29 12 +17 28

3 Aveley 13 7 6 0 20 6 +14 27

4 East Thurrock United 11 8 1 2 26 17 +9 25

5 Concord Rangers 13 7 2 4 26 14 +12 23

6 Ware 12 7 2 3 27 16 +11 23

7 Leyton 12 7 1 4 27 16 +11 22

8 Wingate & Finchley 12 6 4 2 23 13 +10 22

9 Redbridge 12 5 5 2 23 13 +10 20

10 Cheshunt 12 6 1 5 17 17 0 19

11 Tilbury 14 5 3 6 22 18 +4 18

12 Northwood 13 5 3 5 16 15 +1 18

13 Maldon Town 13 5 3 5 19 19 0 18

14 Great Wakering Rovers 13 4 4 5 16 22 -6 16

15 Enfield Town 12 4 3 5 25 27 -2 15

16 Potters Bar Town 13 3 5 5 17 17 0 14

17 Thamesmead Town 13 4 2 7 17 25 -8 14

18 Chatham Town 13 3 1 9 15 23 -8 10

19 Ilford 13 3 1 9 7 22 -15 10

20 Waltham Forest 15 2 3 10 12 34 -22 9

21 Hillingdon Borough 14 2 1 11 8 35 -27 7

22 Witham Town 13 1 1 11 15 44 -29 4

Abu D-Forget the thought of a cricket score, incentive or not, i'll take 1-0, and be pleased with 3pts and a blank sheet. Witham away midweek is a pig of a time to play them specially with the rainful and certain heavy conditions.

We've got to be prepared to roll the sleeves up and get stuck in from the off, til we get the rewards we are seeking.

Dunno if someone will correct me, but I hear through a source that Witham Town have appointed a caretaker manager for our game on Tuesday night and are currently in a mess. The exitting manager also being the chairman who is also considering that role too.

Apparently the current Wivenhoe manager is to take over from Saturday and the majority of that squad to come along with him.

Stewart needs to be on his guard for any unexpected surprises just in case a strengthening of the Witham team has been taking place of late. We really must not be complacent whatsoever.

Good luck lads, i'll try and make it but have a course to attend too.

You may be right - who knows in this crazy world of football !!

However, there is no news of this on the Wivenhoe web site as they prepare for their BIG Essex Cup game with Thurrock Tues eve.

One player has gone to Witham and played on Saturday - Nightingill - he got 2 yellows and will soon be suspended !!

The Witham web site is less revealing as it is out of date.

The Chairman was Manager as well up to his last game on Sat. Now he is just Chairman.

Their fans forum does not cover any "new news".

We shall just have to wait and see - but lets face it - THERE IS NO EASY GAME !!

I managed to get on the organised coach for the game yesterday with a group of fine fellow Towners, we got 4 miles from the ground when we were told the game was off.

I think it was fair to say that we were all a little suspicious with the cancellation, however in the cold light of day I think that the pitch along with a few others in the not far vicinity, was not playable.

These things happen, very frustrating for all of us from followers to the leaders, but hey, we have a cracking home fixture v's Aveley this weekend, so lets all wrap up warm hope the elements dont get too severe and we can call in 3pts instead of the 1pt'ers we've managed the pas 2 home league fixtures.

Remember that very well, called off after 75 mins or so cos of snow, we did amuse ourselves tho by having snowball fights with the merthyr fans and who cant forget the coach taking 30 mins to get out of the ground and round that sharp bend because of all the snow...and the merthyr fans had great fun throwing more snowballs at the coach....great nights smile