Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Burton Albion away

eufckev

Originally Posted By: Special K
Any idea if it was deserved or if it was yet another reffing f**k up?

Liam didn't seem too impressed with the decision when interviewed by Lord Chas. He said words to the effect of he's not sure it was even a yellow. He also wasn't impressed that straight after the Ref blew for full time.

Sounds like we started playing better too late in the second half. Be interesting to hear what those who went thought.

Just back in nottingham after going today. We were awful, too much aerial stuff, never a sending off. That has to be one of the worst reffing decisions i have seen lately, and thats saying alot considering the refs we ahve had lately. Just a note on the stewards... jobsworth b*****ds...

Originally Posted By: oldfan
There is talk that the sending off was for 'foul and abusive language' which you may not have been aware of. If it was then once again the players have got to learn to control their behavior especially in the dying minutes.

But a straight red for foul and abusive language? The time between the incident happening and the ref issuing the card was instantanious, how Ricketts would have had a chance to even start a conversation with the ref is beyond me.

I think several agencies recorded the sending off for foul and abusive language, which according to the laws of the game is a sending off (as opposed to a yellow card for dissent). A journalist that posts on our site was in the tunnel after the game has said that the referee will look at the incident again, which suggests it wasn't for this. It happened pretty much in front of me. It was a blatant foul that stopped Harrad going through, the question is were there other defenders covering? I think there probably were and was surprised that he was sent off.

Just a quick one on the "trouble" at your end, what exactly happened?

I think several agencies recorded the sending off for foul and abusive language, which according to the laws of the game is a sending off (as opposed to a yellow card for dissent). A journalist that posts on our site was in the tunnel after the game has said that the referee will look at the incident again, which suggests it wasn't for this. It happened pretty much in front of me. It was a blatant foul that stopped Harrad going through, the question is were there other defenders covering? I think there probably were and was surprised that he was sent off.

Originally Posted By: Newark Colin (BAFC)

Are you referring to my run in with the stewards Colin? It was about my camera as I accidently left the flash on and they weren't too keen. It was nothing though and I even got one to pose with me for a pic.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1404424&l=59006&id=647255667

We were poor again yesterday. Nice to catch up with you though.

Originally Posted By: Newark Colin (BAFC)

I heard some ConfGuide snappers were collared by some stewards for taking illegal low-res shots of Blue Square games and then they made friends with the stewards.

Originally Posted By: Stu M

I heard some ConfGuide snappers were collared by some stewards for taking illegal low-res shots of Blue Square games and then they made friends with the stewards.

Even clowns have ears then. smile

Allstars ended up in hi vis gear with a press pass or something similar.

I debated the pros and cons of conference stewarding with a bloke who looked like Brian Glover.* He was alright after his initial hostility. I told him my Torquay tale and that won him and his mate over.

*The decesased Northern actor Brian Glover. Not the bus driving, life saving car parking complete legend Brian Glover! grin

I was referring to that, rather than the big-boned gentleman that seemed upset. It wasn't the best of games, but we were much improved on recent performances. When we use width and get the ball on the deck we can look decent, still too much aerial stuff though. This league is pretty tight, a couple of results to get the confidence back, a half decent run and you will be back in the right half of the table.

For Dave EUFC - 'Foul and abusive language' is a straight red card, the players should know this but it seems like both the players and the spectators are not aware of it.

There is one 'way out' for referees, they can give a yellow card for 'dissent' but they may fall foul of the assessor if he is close enough to hear it and, in their report, they must not mention the swearing!