Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

11/11/08 Wembley Vs Tokyngton Manor

Manorborn - Will 'the Three Musketeers' be going to Wembley then next Tuesday, as Zezi helpfully points out with the winners away to Wealdstone there will be added interest as I'm sure the three of you would love to return to your old stomping ground.

Interesting for who,if Wembley lose Wealdstone will play a new club at RMFCs old ground, anyone who believes that club is anything to do with RMFC have a vivid imagination.

All ex Ruislip Manor folk are more the welcome at The Vale, or anywhere they wish to watch football, that has been and always will be their choice.

Tok manor lost 5 2 but dont be fooled by the scoreline, it over flatters wembley... Manor dominated most of the game and the game went into extra time at 1 1. Some how wembley scored 2 deflected goals and one mistake for the fourth in the space of 3 minutes to put the game to bed. The game was played in bad spirits aswell, majority of that coming from the wembley players, who seemed like they were more up for fighting than playing football!

Yes both Spider and myself were there. Not sure if both sides were at full strength but it was a game between two poor teams on the night. Wembley were probably the less poor and shaded the first half and scored just before half time then sat back on their lead in the second and having somehow spurned two near open goals saw Tokyngton gain an equaliser. Probably what the visitors deserved as they improved as the game went on though that defence is still a liability. Sadly for Tokyngton in extra time Wembley raised their game and ran out comfortable winners.

As for the game being played in a poor spirit well I agree with that but I suggest someone at Tokyngton speaks to the number 12 about what exactly a player is supposed to do on a football field in terms of interacting with the ball. His sole intention in the game semed to be to wind up as many of the Wembley team as possible and how it took 119 and a half minutes for him to get booked was a mystery. If the ball came near him and he did anything with it it was to my eyes a bonus for his side.

• 7 months later...
Originally Posted By: zezi

Tok manor lost 5 2 but dont be fooled by the scoreline, it over flatters wembley... Manor dominated most of the game and the game went into extra time at 1 1. Some how wembley scored 2 deflected goals and one mistake for the fourth in the space of 3 minutes to put the game to bed. The game was played in bad spirits aswell, majority of that coming from the wembley players, who seemed like they were more up for fighting than playing football!

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead after some eight months however, for the benefit of LATO, a neutral member who was also at the game states that Tokyngton Manor dominated the proceedings at Vale Farm and deserved to win in normal time.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead after some eight months however, for the benefit of LATO, a neutral member who was also at the game

Dont apologise Rhodes, eight months is recent, compared to some of your other resurrections.
I do think your description of Zezi as 'neutral' is a bit far fetched though.

Originally Posted By: zezi

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead after some eight months however, for the benefit of LATO, a neutral member who was also at the game states that Tokyngton Manor dominated the proceedings at Vale Farm and deserved to win in normal time.

Incredibly pointless thread resurrection but historically totally predictable.

LATO - I did apologise for resurrecting the thread however I just wanted to emphasise the fact that Tokyngton Manor deserved to go through to the next round on the night. It's most unfortunate that we won't be taking part in the competition this season.

LATO - I did apologise for resurrecting the thread however I just wanted to emphasise the fact that Tokyngton Manor deserved to go through to the next round on the night. It's most unfortunate that we won't be taking part in the competition this season.

rhodes, I take my hat (I have one and haven't eaten it or promised to eat it yet..how was yours by the way, you never did say) off to you if as is possible you have the most well developed sense of irony ever. However I think its more likely that you don't!

Once again interesting use of 'we'...will you last a season with this club?

Originally Posted By: Bemused

I do think your description of Zezi as 'neutral' is a bit far fetched though.

Keeps - Do you know who Zezi is then, I've no idea but don't believe he has any connection whatsoever with Tokyngton Manor