Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Anna Friel

Did anybody see Rochdale's own Anna Friel on Jonathan Ross on Friday, she has come a long way since that groundbreaking lesbian kiss on Brookside hasn't she:

http://anna-friel.net/

I think in lot of cases he's simply brave enough to say what we are all thinking, you can't knock him for that.

BigJR - Yes me too however Anna Friel is obviously an exception to the rule and that's what Woss was counting on having her on his show, he's no mug.

• 1 year later...

Anna Friel has been conspicuous by her absence in the press recently as well as on the big and small screen, does anyone know what she is up to these days. Her impressive Website also hasn't been updated for a while:

http://www.annafriel.org/

• 5 months later...

I see that Anna Friel has unsurprisingly split from her boyfriend David Thewlis, Father of her five year old daughter Gracie. The couple had surprisingly been together for a lengthy nine years however a confidant said 'things have not been great for a long time and they have tried to keep this quiet to protect everyone, it certainly didn't help that Anna and David have been forced to live apart for so long but there are other issues at hand that have made them realise the relationship was over'. Stunning Anna (34) and Thewlis (47) got together in 2001 after meeting on a flight to Cannes, Anna admitted their relationship 'was far from conventional' and Thewlis, who was previously married to film Director Sara Sugarman, said unconvincingly 'marriage is not a big issue for Anna and I, we've talked about it but it's more important to have a baby'.

Here's a link that would suggest an affair may have put the final nail in the relationship. Anna was pictured last year openly kissing actor Joseph Cross, her co-star in her hugely successful West End play Breakfast At Tiffanys however she stressed that he was merely a friend, even when Cross (23) moved into the couple’s Hollywood home last April, Thewlis said: ‘Joseph is a good friend of mine and I have no problem with him staying at my house':

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1338350/Anna-Friel-admits-splits-older-man-David-Thewlis.html

he was banging it...

Eastside Urchin - Really, do you know that for a fact, I suppose there's never any smoke without fire is there:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/04/11/anna-friel-moves-in-co-star-joseph-cross-115875-22176692/

Eastside Urchin - I've always had a soft spot for Anna Friel who, as everybody remembers, pioneered the pre-watershed tv lesbian kiss with Margaret Clemence when she shocked the Nation on Brookside. This paved the way for the likes of Madonna and Britney Spiers, Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz, Jennifer Aniston and Winona Ryder, Sarah Michelle Geller and Selma Blair and Sophie Webster and Sian Powers in Coronation Street.

• 3 weeks later...

Did anybody see Anna in the film 'The War Bride' yesterday afternoon, as was the case with 'Land Girls' it didn't get a very good write up and it's generally felt that Rochdale's finest has difficulty in choosing decent film roles for herself whereas she should have had umpteen Titanic style blockbusters under her belt by now and Oscar nominations coming out of her ears.

• 11 months later...

Has anybody seen Anna Friel in ITV's three part psychological thriller 'Without You' based on the Nicci French novel 'What To Do When Someone Dies', I was wondering what it was like as the reviews have been quite positive although Anna could just read the Yellow Pages and still be brilliant.

• 5 months later...