Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Citizens hit 4 against Kentish Town

Bosman08 - Nellie is in the wrong job as she should be a Politician with her skill at avoiding burning questions. We are still waiting to hear whether Kentish Town will definitely be playing at the Copthall Stadium next season and if not how they will meet Premier Division criteria, my guess is they are in the process of negotiating a groundshare deal with Kingsbury London Tigers however they will need to dig deep to do so and historically the Club don't have the best record of putting their hand into their pocket.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Bosman08 - You certainly seem to know your onions, Clement's last game for the Club, if I recall, was the FA Vase game with Biggleswade Town on 15 November when Kentish Town were still riding high in the table. Clement was so upset at not having been told before or during the game that there would be extra time in the tie after it ended 2-2 that he saw little point in continuing at the Club and who can blame him.

Rhodes you should know that in FA competitions the clubs agree between themselves what happens in the event of the scores being even at the end of full time. That can be Extra Time and then a replay or it can be agreed that the game be settled on the night with Extra Time and if the scores are still level Penalties to decide the winner.

Oracle - Yes but what I'm saying is that Clement was never told what the decision was, before or during the game, and had no idea that there would be extra time which seems absolutely ridiculous considering he was Head Coach. Apparently the players didn't know there would be extra time either and were out on their feet at 90 minutes thinking there would be a replay at Biggleswade and had actually left the pitch for the dressing room, unsurprisingly Kentish Town lost 6-2.

Rhodes, I would have thought that as head coach he would know how the competition was governed and made sure he was aware of any decision about extra time, penalties, replays, etc.

The referee would have been told, before the game, of what would happen if the scores were tied at full time. It seems incredible that the coach didn't know or was it maybe an excuse for a poor performance?

If the players were 'out on their feet' after 90 minutes it does not say a lot for their level of fitness, again the responsibility of the head coach.

Originally Posted By: The Doog is King

All seems a bit tin pot and unprofessional to me.....

Are you talking about the Club in general, if so you're right but that's just Kentish Town's way, everything is on a wing and a prayer however to be fair they have managed to progress to Step 5 in a relatively short space of time since their formation in 1994, albeit largely thanks to Clement Temile's involvement between 2006 and 2008.

The people who need to know about next season are aware of what the arrangemenhts are Rhodes.

And as for history Rhodes....that has gone and all I can say is ...... thank goodness it has!!

Ok so thats means KTFC are moving out of Copthall? One of the Copthall staff mentioned this to me the other day as they need to upgrade the place in prep for 2012 and teams/countries using the facilities for training.

If Kentish Town are going back to Camden brilliant as least they will be back in their borough.

I dont believe all I hear but I believe KTFC are moving somewhere away from Copthall and you are not confirming it. Not that you have to, if you are working out a new deal with a groundshare good luck with it.

I have this confirmed (KTFC are moving out of Copthall) by someone who works at Copthall and also someone who deals with the Barnet Athletics club.

Originally Posted By: nellie

And as for history Rhodes....that has gone and all I can say is ...... thank goodness it has!!

If you're referring to Clement Temile then how can you say that, he succeeded in putting the Club on the World football map with his pedigree and profile and the promotion last season was largely down to him.

TheDoogisKing - I'm not slagging them off, I'm just pointing out one or two home truths that's all which Nellie continually fails to own up to. There's no doubt Clement was treated shabbily by the Club, considering his stature in the game, particularly towards the end of his tenure and the terrible incident at Wellingborough Town.

... not sure if this is the right thread but I didn't want to start (yet) another KT one up ...

... has it been decided/agreed/arranged where KT vs Bigg T is being played this coming Wed eve (8th April) ?

... no venue indicated on Mitoo nor the new SSML Bulletin (which implies it could be Copthall ?) & the Carlsberg Stadium is hosting a [beds Trophy] Final so it can't be switched there.

Thanks

Royals26 - That's a good point, in Oxhey Jets match report from last Wednesday it said that the game had been switched due to problems with the Copthall Stadium pitch however it was a Wednesday which is Kentish Town's normal playing night and Nellie said that playing on a Wednesday at the Stadium was no problem. It's all a bit of a mystery isn't it and now Bosman08 has helpfully found out from the horses mouth that the Club definitely won't be playing there next season.

I notice you have again avoided answering the question's:

1. Was it Clement Temile's mistake for not knowing about the exra time?

2. Was it Clement Temile's excuse for a poor performance?

3. Was it Clement Temile's mistake not to have his team fit enough to go beyond the 90 minutes?

Originally Posted By: ORACLE

I notice you have again avoided answering the question's:
1. Was it Clement Temile's mistake for not knowing about the exra time?

2. Was it Clement Temile's excuse for a poor performance?

3. Was it Clement Temile's mistake not to have his team fit enough to go beyond the 90 minutes?

1. If Clement wasn't told then why would he automatically assume there was extra time, he thought that if the game was drawn after 90 minutes there would be a replay and so did the players as they were embarassingly in the dressing room before being told they had to return to the pitch.
2. It wasn't a poor performance, Biggleswade equalised with three minutes remaining and acknowledged that they were lucky to do so.
3. No it wasn't Clement's fault, training was the responsibility of the Manager yet I don't believe any, or certainly very little, took place leading up to such an important game.

Rhodes, this really sounds like a load of excuses. Your man should have found out what the format was to be in the event of a draw after 90 minutes. Lack of attention to detail if you ask me, not a good trait for a so called football legend.

I'm also not sure why it would be a problem to him as the Manager is surely responsible for the team and ultimately their performance.

On the training issue, fitness and stamina are not built from a couple of training sessions before a big match but starts pre-season and is built on during the season.

I can't believe this was the sole reason for Mr Temilies exit from the club, there has to be more in this.