Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Citizens hit 4 against Kentish Town

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

Maybe Rhodes could ask Nellie for us?

Nellie has been conspicuous by her absence for about a fortnight now, she is obviously too embarrassed to come on.
I see that the match report in the Welwyn & Hatfield Times isn't very complimentary towards Kentish Town with Del saying it was like a training session and they (Kentish Town) will be lucky to get another point all season:

http://www.whtimes.co.uk/content/whtimes/sport/default.aspx

Kentish Town must have played particularly poorly against Welwyn Garden City though for Del to say that the game was like a training session where they were barely out of first gear and that he thought Kentish Town would be lucky to get another point this season. What a difference a year makes in football when this time last season the Club couldn't put a foot wrong and just a mention of the Lee Scott and Jonathan Donoghue partnership left defences quaking in their boots.

I see that Del's prediction has already been dispelled as Kentish Town took a point from their game against Oxhey Jets last night, they must have played a lot better than they did on Saturday then and I think Del was a bit harsh.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
just a mention of the Lee Scott and Jonathan Donoghue partnership left defences quaking in their boots.

Because of his footballing prowess?

Originally Posted By: ORACLE

I see that Del's prediction has already been dispelled as Kentish Town took a point from their game against Oxhey Jets last night, they must have played a lot better than they did on Saturday then and I think Del was a bit harsh.

Kentish Town have also beaten Aylesbury Vale since the defeat to Welwyn Garden City on Saturday although the Haywood Way Club do appear to be in freefall at present. I don't think Del would have bothered to make such a comment if he didn't feel that way, why should he.

Originally Posted By: mouse is home

What has happend to Kentish town This Season?

MouseisHome - That's an interesting question and one Nellie has been cleverly evading for months now, as has Willo the Cat. They won't simply hold their hands up and admit that Kentish Town's sad demise was down to Clement Temile severing ties with the Club and a number of key players subsequently leaving in protest over the way he was treated, okay they couldn't do anything about Lee Scott however 6-4 and 6-2 wins at Broxbourne Borough and Cockfosters respectively at the start of the season showed they were more than capable of challenging for the Championship under Clement without the prolific Scott and promotion to the Ryman League.

Originally Posted By: mouse is home

What has happend to Kentish town This Season?

MouseisHome - That's an interesting question and one Nellie has been cleverly evading for months now, as has Willo the Cat.

I wasn't avoiding this place I was banned for months for typing things like 'go boil ya head' so instead I will leave you with -

go stick ya head under the hot tap

Originally Posted By: nellie

and you should know cos you where involved.

That has to be the best accusation yet, how do you work that one out as I purposely left Clement to his own devices at Kentish Town this season.

Bosman08 - You certainly seem to know your onions, Clement's last game for the Club, if I recall, was the FA Vase game with Biggleswade Town on 15 November when Kentish Town were still riding high in the table. Clement was so upset at not having been told before or during the game that there would be extra time in the tie after it ended 2-2 that he saw little point in continuing at the Club and who can blame him.

Clement was so upset at not having been told before or during the game that there would be extra time in the tie after it ended 2-2

Maybe Roy Keane distracted Clement when they were told at UEFA Coaching School to make sure as coaches they always knew the rules of the competition their team was in.