Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

We are NOT amused down at the Lane !!!!!!!

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Clearly Kentish Town wanted to win games in order to avoid finishing bottom as at that time nobody had an incling about the travesty of justice that would later unfold.

But they did! Remember me saying that you had only got one wrong in your list for 2009-10? It was clear to anyone who could be bothered to read the FA guidance that the two lowest placed non-F grade clubs would be relegated. Kentish Town knew they were ok on grading.

Originally Posted By: Horace

But they did! Remember me saying that you had only got one wrong in your list for 2009-10?

i think that was dyslexix

Rhodes couldnt see that far ahead!

But they did! Remember me saying that you had only got one wrong in your list for 2009-10? It was clear to anyone who could be bothered to read the FA guidance that the two lowest placed non-F grade clubs would be relegated. Kentish Town knew they were ok on grading.

Horace - Yes fair play to you on that one however I still think Kentish Town have cleverly pulled the wool over everyone's eyes and when the time comes to start playing games at the Copthall Stadium in early to mid-September Grannies will start dropping like flies and it will be every excuse in the book again.

I think that the SSML officers were between a rock and a hard place. The FA don't seem able to set appropriate standards for the actual playing surface!

So can I get this right...Kentish Town were doing the league, Cockfosters and my club a favour by cheating?

The bottom line is the fact that they will be playing Premier Division football next season. They were docked points for cheating but ultimately, the reality is they were not punished in any way, shape or form. the league's hands were tied.

We have all been shafted. I rarely get angry about anything anymore, I'm too old, but this situation absolutely sickens me. Honourable people at decent clubs must feel gutted.

Originally Posted By: Cerebus

The bottom line is the fact that they will be playing Premier Division football next season. They were docked points for cheating but ultimately, the reality is they were not punished in any way, shape or form.

You can't disagree with the above statement, whereas Cockfosters and Holmer Green who finished above Kentish Town and did nothing wrong were unceremoniously relegated.

So can I get this right...Kentish Town were doing the league, Cockfosters and my club a favour by cheating?
The bottom line is the fact that they will be playing Premier Division football next season. They were docked points for cheating but ultimately, the reality is they were not punished in any way, shape or form. the league's hands were tied.
We have all been shafted. I rarely get angry about anything anymore, I'm too old, but this situation absolutely sickens me. Honourable people at decent clubs must feel gutted.

Cerebus - I don't see how you could come up with that from what I posted. With the FA setting the agenda, and the lowest two "Non-F grade" clubs being the relegation candidates, how many points Kentish Town ended up with had no bearing. This was clear long before the end of the season. Anyone at Holmer Green or Cockfosters who thought otherwise was deluding themselves. Not right in my estimation but that's the way it was going to be.

Not right in my estimation but that's the way it was going to be.

Horace - That has to be the biggest understatement of all time, Cerebus hit the nail firmly on the head when he said Kentish Town were docked points for blatant cheating but were not punished in any way, shape or form, where on earth is the fairness in that.

Cerebus - I don't see how you could come up with that from what I posted. With the FA setting the agenda, and the lowest two "Non-F grade" clubs being the relegation candidates, how many points Kentish Town ended up with had no bearing. This was clear long before the end of the season. Anyone at Holmer Green or Cockfosters who thought otherwise was deluding themselves. Not right in my estimation but that's the way it was going to be.

I think the fairest thing to do is relegate Kentish Town as well and promote the highest placed Div 1 team with sufficient facilities : D

Jonno - I make you right, that will be Hoddesdon Town then.

I'll tell you what then. Why don't we just forget playing football & Managers, Coaches & Committees can spend more valuable time in making sure the fencing is the right height & of the right materials. Making sure that seats are numbered, the officials have a separate changing room for the one occasion per season you have a woman official & put down a pathway so you can walk all the way around a pitch, or at least 3 sides.
Sorry Horace it isn't a pop at you, but it just stresses that it doesn't matter now how many games you win, lose or draw as long as you've keep upto speed on stringent & expensive regulations.