Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Challenge Trophy - 8th September 2009

What's the best game to go and see is the SSML CT on 9/9/09....

Langford V Biggleswade United - local derby so glory on offer

Ampthill V S.L.E.B - i never been Ampthill...what's their ground/pitch like??

10/09/09 - i'm opting for Kentish Town V P&I

Anyone else got any thoughts on what's gonna be best match??

TCE

The Cold End - Bear in mind that the Challenge Trophy ties that week hinge on possible FA Vase replays, Pitstone and Ivinghoe are not in the Vase but Kentish Town v Cranfield United could quite easily be a draw on Saturday if indeed it is played at all as Cranfield hadn't received the match confirmation as yet yesterday from Kentish Town.

Leafy Ampthill Park is one of my favourite grounds in the SSML, here are a few pictures from their new Website:

http://www.ampthilltownfc.co.uk/diary.html

If not, Cockfosters v Padbury Utd, think that will be a very close game and I tip Padders to pull off a win. As said Amptill do have a nice enclosed ground, be warned though, avoid tripping over the lumps of concrete in their stand.

Were Padbury short on Sat as I see they lost to Wodson who haven't had a good start and are missing a couple of regular starters at the moment.

aren't you allowed out late then?

I went to Wodson Park v Hoddesdon Town. Whilst I hesitate to call Hoddy "giants", this officially was a giantkilling - Div 2 beat Div 1, 2-1 final score, with the winner coming seconds from the end, after Hoddy had just had their "winner" rubbed out for offside.

Can't wait to read Hoddy's account of events! I CAN confirm that, although Jonno was present, he never wrote down a word. Roger on the other hand.....

A few results from this evening:

Ampthill Town 2 Sport London e Benfica 0

Bedford 8 Kent Athletic 1

Dunstable Town 3 Tring Athletic 1

Buckingham Athletic 3 Cranfield United 1

Royston Town 0 Chalfont St Peter 1

Langford 1 Biggleswade United 3

Kingsbury London Tigers 0 Broxbourne Borough 4

I went to Ampthill Town...Very good game and SLEB were very unlucky. They hit the post twice and the bar once. Ampthill went down to 10 men and won with two late goals.

SLEB were much better organised team than when I last saw them versus Tokyngton Manor. They should get their first win soon.

Ampthill is a very nice ground as Rhodes has said previously and the pitch was good...well worth a visit.

I have some footage from the match which i'll attempt to put on the cold end soon.

http://www.thecoldend.blogspot.com

All tonights Challenge Trophy results:

2 0 Ampthill Town v Sport London e Benfica

8 1 Bedford v Kent Athletic

0 1 Sun Postal Sports v St Margaretsbury

3 1 Dunstable Town v Tring Athletic

3 1 Buckingham Athletic v Cranfield United

2 4 Oxhey Jets v Berkhamsted

6 3 Cockfosters v Padbury United (aet)

0 1 Royston Town v Chalfont St Peter

5 4 Aylesbury v The 61 FC (Luton) (aet)

3 4 Amersham Town v Welwyn Garden City

2 1 Wodson Park v Hoddesdon Town

0 1 Langford v Biggleswade United

0 4 Kingsbury London Tigers v Broxbourne Borough

Horace would you agree with the penalty decision that was given this evening because personally i thought it was outside the box to start with and secondly did you see any shirt pulling because i certainly didnt from where i was standing and i thought the bald lino had the worst game ever he waited for the referee to make every decision and that wodson parks keeper kept them in it!! i just dont like seeing teams lose to officials mistakes which seems to happen alot at this level!! good luck to wodson tho they battled well!!

Originally Posted By: PeterPan1
Horace would you agree with the penalty decision that was given this evening because personally i thought it was outside the box to start with and secondly did you see any shirt pulling because i certainly didnt from where i was standing and i thought the bald lino had the worst game ever he waited for the referee to make every decision and that wodson parks keeper kept them in it!! i just dont like seeing teams lose to officials mistakes which seems to happen alot at this level!! good luck to wodson tho they battled well!!

When the penalty was given, i was on the opposite side of the pitch next to the said bald lino. I had no idea what the penalty was for. Nor had the bald lino. I could hear the players arguing about whether the offence was inside or outside the box - it must have been a close call, judging by where everyone was standing. I felt sorry for Tony Neilson after his fine strike was rubbed out for offside - 2nd half, best I've seen him play for a long while. Alan Buck in the Hoddy goal kicked the ball way out of the ground after Wodson scored their penalty and should have been carded by the very weak ref, who just ignored it (or, more probably, didn't see it!). Overall, Hoddy were the better side but Wodson never gave up, and I knew when Tyler got his one sniff at goal he would score!

There were quite a few who wondered what the pen as for.. including the Wodson assistent manager (and me). Wodson keeper def the busier of the two , think they scored with their only on target attempts? Hoddy were kept out by some good keeping, defending and wayward finishing.