Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Badshot Lea In The F A Cup

In The Know

I would like to start a thread to wish Dave Ford and all the players good luck on Saturday v Ashford Town (Middx).

Whatever happens you have had a fantastic debut in the Competition and to be the last remaining Combined Counties side left is an achievement in itself.

I understand that Michael Ruffles has been transferred from Frimley Green today and will play in the Reserves on Saturday.

It pains me to say it, but I wish them all the best.

Nothing against them of course, just that we should really be preparing to make the trip down to Dover tomorrow...

I guess it just wasn't to be in the end... but 3 goals up with 20 minutes to go? And then an equaliser in the sixth minute of the 3 minute injury time? It still hurts...

Badshot Lea are a very good side, it would be great for them and the league if they can progress to the next round! Good luck.

Badshot Lea are a very good side, it would be great for them and the league if they can progress to the next round! Good luck.

... bit of a sad end to this years CCL involvement - found a (very) brief report on the NL Forum penned by an Ashford fan :

Ashford Town (Middx) 10 Badshot Lea 0 FAC 2 Q RD

Admission £9

Programme £2

Att 102

A very one sided game not helped by the ref sending the keeper off in the 2nd half with a defender following for his protests. Ashford were already well on top though and turned the screw even more with 3 goals in the last 10 minutes to rack up double figures. The attendance once again was very poor with teams lower down the pyramid getting double the Ashford crowd or more.

... no real consolation but the other 'local' STEP05/06 clubs didn't fare much better - including the 'big-hitters' in the Hellenic all getting a right going over, though in the main by Conference STEP02 sides i.e. 2 levels above Ashford.

East Preston got a bit of a spanking too but the gulf twixt them and Dover is vast in Pyramid terms - well over 120 League places.

Only Southern based 'low-level' survivors into the 3rd Round draw were: Aylesbury from the South Mids Premier - replay tonight vs Wingate & Finch and will host Chesham if successful and Gillingham Town from the Western League Div One who replay at Mangotsfield and will then have the unenviable task of going to Truro - who themselves battered Maidenhead 5-2 @ York Rd. :frown: