Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dormer and Flack.....

Ryan.c

Can you blame Jamie? Frankly it's ridiculous that he's lost the captain's arm band to a newcomer, particularly as that newcomer does nothing on the pitch that warrants being the captain. That's just one of the many decisions that has been more than a little questionable so far this season.

This club is falling apart very very fast and if Jamie and Jo do go, it will be the first nail firmly in the coffin.

Completely agree. Our new 'skipper' feels that the only job he has is to call heads or tails. Something he struggles with at the moment. Clearly he was brought in to Billericay with the promise of captaincy. The fact that he is useless and Statham won't change it back to Dorms pretty much confirms our thoughts. This club has not been the same since it ousted Matt Jones. Something needs to happen fast or the ESL will have a new 'big' team.

Brian Statham has the right to appoint whoever he sees fit as captain. Jamie Dormer does not have the 'sole preserve' of being captain of Billericay. For the most part, he has NOT been. Digging out Cousins for being captain to have a go at the manager because Dormer wants to leave, it's getting a little ludicrous.

I had my doubts about Cousins, but I think he's been one of the better performers over recent weeks.

Right...time to put in my two pennies.

Reading this thread I am shocked that because two players have handed in transfer requests, some people's attitudes is bordering on hysterical. We have to go some before we ever get back to Essex Senior League level...in fact our fall from grace to that level would be even more impressive if we were to end the season as champions of the Ryman Premier League (apologies to the current management). It's a long way to fall and honestly, it didn't happen in the dark days of the mid to late 80's and early 90's and it ain't going to happen now. If we even did get relegated to division one this season, the Chairman would act...in fact, I would think the Chairman would act before then (apologies to SK - I am not trying to second guess you...just stating a point of view). That is, after reading some tripe posted here, he would still want to. To be honest, I hope (and know) that those that have posted on here are the minority. There are plenety of people that do not use this forum and who are, for want of a better word, more philosophical about the changes that have been effected.

Jamie Dormer and Joe Flack are popular and loyal servents to the club but have made a decision which we all have to respect. And remember that Joe was looking for another club before the pre season. Loyalty only goes so far. The loyalty shown by some supporters to these players is admirable but they are both part of the sum of the club and squad, not the whole. Again, players move on, for whatever reason but we will still remain Billericay Town FC. I will miss both players when they eventually go but even I realise that they would've moved on eventually (hey, I am the most conservative supporter around when players move on). Sooner or later, this was going to happen.

Whatever their reasons, we wish them well, should they eventually move on (remember, they have not left yet).

As for Brian Statham, he has a job to do. I saw no negative comments when he joined us and up to a couple of weeks ago, people were still willing to lend their support. Fine, our position has not improved but by some of the comments written on here, we're not even going to give him a chance to improve things. I raed some passionate comments on here but I see very little positives. They do go hand in hand but with us they appear not to. Some would rather assist in ripping the club apart by not even being considered in their opinions and rather "walk down the road" of negativity by suggesting we're Essex Senior League "fodder"...And we're two bloody leagues away from the ESL!!!

You know, I follow the club week in, week out...myself and my co-volunteers and yes, we're not happy but we wouldn't give up on the club at this stage of the season (to be honest, that is what it reads from my perspective). If anyone has a right to "voice" off on here, it would be us...but we don't. We gather round and try to keep positive...try to effect and inject something into the club by getting behind it...by matching our effort with support. Again, we're not happy...not by a long chalk...but we continue to do what we do because we understand that (to turn a cliche) "when the going gets tough..." It serves no one, especially this club, our club to start giving up on it.

We're second from bottom, three points off the the team propping up the league and at this time, what the club needs is for us to gather round and get behind the manager and whatever players we have and support them. You don't have to like it but we can all encourage them and make the difference. Lets all not lose our heads and get behind the club. There is a lot of this season to play and if it means it's going to be one of survival, then so be it but lets support the club. None of us have a crystal ball and none of us knows what is going to happen for certain and whatever happens, it's in our hands (collectively) to effect the outcome.

Brian Statham has the right to appoint whoever he sees fit as captain. Jamie Dormer does not have the 'sole preserve' of being captain of Billericay. For the most part, he has NOT been. Digging out Cousins for being captain to have a go at the manager because Dormer wants to leave, it's getting a little ludicrous.

I had my doubts about Cousins, but I think he's been one of the better performers over recent weeks.

Funny that there have been occasions, both on t'forum, and at games where people have been happy to express the opinion that Dorms didn't make a very good captain because he didn't talk enough out on the pitch... personally I think cousins is a more vocal leader than Dorms, but each to his own.

We're doomed Juande Ramos needs to go now!

Pointless exercise plating Crittalls yesterday - where was Shinn?

and just to rub it in Chelmsford are still in the FA Cup - Stathams old village team couldn't beat 9 men.

Bring back Jonah.

Not being a big follower of top tier football, I took it upon myself a while ago to look up about Junde Ramos.

The reason was that his name was on a footer quote of someone on this forum and I couldn't remember who he was.

That footer quote was that of Hatricay's - what a bizarre coincidence that the name should come up in your posting too, Disciplinary.

You do seem to have successfully completed your main challenge of stirring up emotions amongst fans to turn against Statham.

But please now find something else to do with your sad little life while we all get behind OUR team.

Come on you Blues

Once again not sure why people are hammering the chairman here?

I for one have been moaned at for being critical and scathing of the team and manager but I say what I what I think and nothing will change that. However why on earth have a crack at Steve? Ok he does the hiring and firing round here and many would like to see a certain firing but surely he does not deserve such abuse like posted above. Nothing helpful at all.

Come up with a reason as to why you feel the chairman is to blame but don't just volley abuse. Pathetic really

Once again not sure why people are hammering the chairman here?

I for one have been moaned at for being critical and scathing of the team and manager but I say what I what I think and nothing will change that. However why on earth have a crack at Steve? Ok he does the hiring and firing round here and many would like to see a certain firing but surely he does not deserve such abuse like posted above. Nothing helpful at all.

Come up with a reason as to why you feel the chairman is to blame but don't just volley abuse. Pathetic really

Too true, Patriot. But we shouln't get too worked up about the comments of someone who only signed up to the forum 3 hours ago. I note "ricayrich"'s use of "the Town Liar" phrase and his support for "hatricay". Probably the same sh!t stirrer, and not a 'ricay fan at all.

At the risk of denying freedom of speech can the moderators not bar any postings from one or two who are clearly not Billericay supporters and are deliberately disrupting our forum. Sure we are in a difficult position with results on the field and people are entitled to their views on players, managers etc. But I for one am getting fed up with seeing our Forum being disrupted by inflammatory comments from outsiders.

And as for any criticism of Steve Kent people must be mad. Without his huge financial support we might not even be in a position to be supporting a Ryman Premier team. Look at the dire financial circumstances of many non-league teams and then see how hard Steve and Sharon work in conjunction with a great supporters association to ensure we have as many income streams as possible to keep the club ticking over.

Yes, we are facing difficult challenges on the field but at least we are not likely to lose our precious points with a deduction for administration or the like. So anybody who wants to criticise the integrity etc of Steve Kent aka Town Crier needs to put their money where their mouth is.

At the risk of denying freedom of speech can the moderators not bar any postings from one or two who are clearly not Billericay supporters and are deliberately disrupting our forum. Sure we are in a difficult position with results on the field and people are entitled to their views on players, managers etc. But I for one am getting fed up with seeing our Forum being disrupted by inflammatory comments from outsiders.

And as for any criticism of Steve Kent people must be mad. Without his huge financial support we might not even be in a position to be supporting a Ryman Premier team. Look at the dire financial circumstances of many non-league teams and then see how hard Steve and Sharon work in conjunction with a great supporters association to ensure we have as many income streams as possible to keep the club ticking over.

Yes, we are facing difficult challenges on the field but at least we are not likely to lose our precious points with a deduction for administration or the like. So anybody who wants to criticise the integrity etc of Steve Kent aka Town Crier needs to put their money where their mouth is.

TOP POST !!! I FULLY CONCUR.