Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dormer and Flack.....

Ryan.c

I am disappointed to see Flackie go as he has run himself in to the ground this season. Dormie has been a loyal servant and so it is a shame to see him go as well. He has not been himself this season and Brian has said that both requests were reluctantly accepted. I think it will take time for Brian to get his squad together as he wants it and this means that this season is a right off so its going to be painful, but I would much rather give the manager time than have a kneee jerk reaction and be lumped in with all the clubs that go through managers too quickly. I would like to know why they want to go though. Chris has been disappointing and won't be missed.

The problem Ryan is why they want to leave? I am sure if they were happy with Statham and the club were at least playing decent football and pushing up the league they wouldn't be keen to leave. Everyone had high expectations at start of the season and Statham kept stating the word, "patience". Well we have been patient and what has happened? Out the cup, second from bottom, apalling goal to game ratio, shocking entertainment value (barring hitting ref on head from freekick at Harrow) and now we look like we are going to lose two of the most capable members of our squad! The current management changed over half the squad during the summer, I am unsure as to the quality that he will bring in, but I live in hope!!!

Can you blame Jamie? Frankly it's ridiculous that he's lost the captain's arm band to a newcomer, particularly as that newcomer does nothing on the pitch that warrants being the captain. That's just one of the many decisions that has been more than a little questionable so far this season.

This club is falling apart very very fast and if Jamie and Jo do go, it will be the first nail firmly in the coffin.

Here here... I think you just nailed it!!

I can't believe what I've just read, Never have I seen a more 2+2=5 load of bull on this forum.

Jaimie Dormer and Jo Flack have asked to leave and we're now DOOMED?

Jamie Dormer and Jo Flack have asked to leave, so there must be a master plan to kill off BIllericay Town FC.

Jamie Dormer and Jo Flack have asked to leave therefore Brian Stathams role of First team Manager is part of a conspiracy to ruin our club?

A number of you mention our bad run of form of late and talk of how thing have have to change then squeal when they do.

A black cloud over us...lol...wtf is that all about.

The Manager's a joke, Dormer is part of the furniture, the clubs falling apart. coffin lids being nailed.

And all this because two player have asked to leave.

But do you know what, you're all so outraged and upset that Jamie is leaving, Not a single one of you has thanked him, not a single one of you has wished him well, not a single one of you has mentioned any of the great moments and memories he has provided for this club.

You all just like moaning....Thank god the Manager and I see things differently to you.

Jamie has been a fantastic servant to our club, so when he speaks to the Manager and says he wants to leave we treat his request with the respect he deserves. Of course he isn't happy, he wouldn't want to leave otherwise, but that doesn't mean there has been some kind of master plan to push him out, Jaimie hasn't played well this season, he's picked up a lot of bookings, he doesn't want to be in another battle at the bottom end of the table (I'm not knocking him, I'm just telling it as it is) So when he come to us and tells us he wants to leave, we know its for the right reasons, we know Jamie hates not playing well, we know he wouldn't have made this decision lightly.

As A contracted player we could have refused his request and Jamie being the professional he is would have accepted that and soldiered on. We could have said, only when we find a suitable replacement, again I know Jamie well enough that he would have gladly accepted that. We could have said ok, but we want a fee. But that isn't what he asked.

Brian and I were both in full agreement that the right thing to do was to respect his request, not stand in his way, (he deserved at least that) and let him go for free as soon as he finds a suitable club.

Now from reading the above I know that some of you will want to ignore the facts and stick with your theory's that its all part of a master plan to topple the mighty Billericay, So that is the last explanation that I will be giving.

I'm tired of taking horses to water and will look to fill my own glass first from now on.

Disciplinary, Mick Gibson is just about the nicest person I know in non-league football and his love of Heybridge football club goes way beyond what are able to comprehend. Your trolling is a disgrace and and am saddened that Mick Gibson has to be associated with you.

Hatericay, , If and When they finally drop , I'll then consider giving you the time of day, but until then I shall view you as a no-good cowardly [censored] [censored]

But do you know what, you're all so outraged and upset that Jamie is leaving, Not a single one of you has thanked him, not a single one of you has wished him well, not a single one of you has mentioned any of the great moments and memories he has provided for this club.

You all just like moaning....Thank god the Manager and I see things differently to you.

He hasn't left yet, has he? I'm sure that if & when he does the good wishes and thanks will come thick & fast, TC.

Surely you can understand tha Dorms wanting out would provoke a reaction from the supporters? It easy to be wise after the event, but if the official statement on the website had been as frank and open as your post above, rather than trotting out the lame old "if they don't want to be at the club then we don't want them" line, maybe a lot of the over-reaction could have been avoided.

can anybody explain why dorms lost the armband to cuss?the passion has gone ,

i love ricay but we need some direction n inspiration froom the management and team

c,mon u blues

With respect to the owners of the Forum, This site is not the only available route to send good luck message's to the Billericay players that have left in recent months.

Looking forward to supporting the Blues on Tuesday regardless of any of the stuff posted on here. :futbolbud2:

I must say when I heard, this morning that Flack and Dormer were wanting to leave I first thought, major problem!!! they are both quality players and over time have given their all for Ricky, but on reflection, Joe has been on the transfer list in the past, so this is not necessarily a big issue, and Dorm’s although a stalwart of the team has not been playing at his best recently, (I would question about the impact of him loosing the captaincy on his performance) however I think, players of this quality asking to go bodes the question, ‘are there are underlying problems within the squad’ and how Brian is going to deal with these issues. He has said he needs to make some tough decisions and make changes, but Joe and Jamie are leaving would seem to be outside his control, and had this of happened when the team were performing better would not divert our course but, in the current circumstances just raises more questions and worries.

There is still time to turn things around, and I, like everyone else I would like to the club getting back to where I think we deserve to be, in the top 5 at least.

The pressure is rising each game we play (and don’t win) and expectorations are huge, Tuesday’s game is another must win!!!!! how many time have I said that.

Keep the faith.

That bottle of RED will go on Tuesday............. it’s almost vintage now!

We're doomed Juande Ramos needs to go now!

Pointless exercise plating Crittalls yesterday - where was Shinn?

and just to rub it in Chelmsford are still in the FA Cup - Stathams old village team couldn't beat 9 men.

Bring back Jonah.

Thats because we are still playing lower oppo, and by the way we ripped apart your league leaders on Saturday, doesn't say much for the quality of the RP?...see you Tuesday evening :signthankspin: for the concern.

A number of you mention our bad run of form of late and talk of how thing have have to change then squeal when they do.

Don't want to sound funny but IMO these "changes" weren't yours or Brians. When the fans ask for changes we, rightly or wrongly, expect the leadership of the club to come up with the goods.

Yes you've let Knight and Sulli go, well done, both have struggled with form at the club. but in my opinion these changes were a no brainer.

I am however shocked at the constant faith put in Baker, when he fails to perform in games that matter, I was very surprised to see that he had scored both at the friendly game yesterday, but like I say did that game matter?

Surely it must be expected that the loss of our top goal scorer, would provoke such a reaction from the fans, especially when we find ourselves in the postion we're in right now.

I agree with Ryan and a couple of the others on here that we must wait to see who you and Brian bring in, but it is a real blow to see the likes of Dormer & Flack walk away from the club.

I along with everyone here, I'm sure, will wish all the chaps good luck with their future careers, as long as it doesn't involve putting any goals past The 'Ricay!

C'mon You Blues!

:rockon:

I think you will find that any DECENT player's will no1.allready be at a club no2.not want to join a club 2nd from bottom

You wont be able to replace dormer and flack with players of the same quality... There must be a reason why they are not performing to their usual standards!!

If people working for me wanted to leave no matter how good they might be I would not stand in their way. If they were talked into staying then what happens the next time they have a problem.

Yes I am very disappointed to learn that Joe Flack and Jamie Dormer want to leave the club, both have been great assets but whatever their reasons we must accept them and reluctantly move on.

Every club goes through one or two bad spells during a season all I can hope is that we are getting ours out of the way now and that we can all get through it and play our way back to form.

Yes it's very frustrating but we all want the same thing; for the club to be successful, so let's all get behind the players and management, whatever our personal views, and give them our support.