Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wanting to buy shares in Southill Alexander

Gareth

To Loose, as i mentioned elsewhere, i'm part of a betting sports betting syndicate. Just a bunch of mates who've done it for fun for years). I want more information on shares. Costs etc and if you allow a syndicate to invest?

We've never put our winnings into anything like this before and we'd not expect a return! Not unless you get into the football league! I admit to not knowing much about it, but the idea of having a share in an internet based club appeals as we are spread around the country and abroad. Cannot do any hands on stuff as we aren't anywhere near where you are based and i've got my hands full trying to keep up with Margate and work!

I took a look on your website and it all looks run ok so i'd like to know more. Mixed bag of results on there though that's not the important thing as much as wanting to have a go at seeing how it can pan out over the years. Football is our primary interest and as on-line is taking over most peoples lives we want to get in at the grass roots.

Cheers mate, waiting to hear from you.

To Loose, as i mentioned elsewhere, i'm part of a betting sports betting syndicate. Just a bunch of mates who've done it for fun for years). I want more information on shares. Costs etc and if you allow a syndicate to invest?

We've never put our winnings into anything like this before and we'd not expect a return! Not unless you get into the football league! I admit to not knowing much about it, but the idea of having a share in an internet based club appeals as we are spread around the country and abroad. Cannot do any hands on stuff as we aren't anywhere near where you are based and i've got my hands full trying to keep up with Margate and work!

I took a look on your website and it all looks run ok so i'd like to know more. Mixed bag of results on there though that's not the important thing as much as wanting to have a go at seeing how it can pan out over the years. Football is our primary interest and as on-line is taking over most peoples lives we want to get in at the grass roots.

Cheers mate, waiting to hear from you.

Gareth,

Thanks for your interest. I have informed Loose of your post.

britman.

Hi Gareth

I also PMd you but thanks for your enquiry

This question hasn't cropped up before but I'm sure something could be worked out. It depends I suppose on your level of investment as there is a current limit per person of 5 shares, also if you wanted to subscribe to the website and forum this would need to be done individually.

Would the sysndicate be interested maybe in owning shares and web subscriptions individually but with similar usernames? I don't know, let me know what you think.

Shares are priced at £25 each, website subscriptions are yearly at £25 too. You don't have to buy new shares each year if you want to be involved, just the web subscription. Its mainly a mechanism to help fund the club but also to ensure committment.

Thanks to Britman for his speedy reply. I was reading Loose's pm and hey presto! I've taken on board what Loose says about buying individually, it looks like the most sensible and easiest option, we could be Syndicate1, 2 3 etc etc. There's 17 of us in the group, lost one to natural wasteage last year but we always put a bet on for him still so it will be 18! The shares are cheaper than i thought even taking into account the cost of web membership. I'll skype the lads over the next day or two and let everyone in on it. I'll copy them in on your web link which gives us all the bigger picture. Cheers mates, hope to do business with you.

By the way we aren't big winners! We do ok over the year as long as we stay away from the dogs! Even had an accumulator or two come up so we're feeling a bit smug at the moment. If you are gambling men you'll understand what keeps us going and why we look at new ventures all the time.

I'm certain that we'd be very pleased to have you onboard Gareth, I know the rest of the owners will be excited to hear of your interest.

I know what you mean about the dogs, its best to just have a laugh and spend what you can afford to lose which I guess isn't the point of a syndicate! Where is the nearest greyhound racing to you, I used to go to Brighton with mates, its a good night out, cheaper than the gee gees.

Edit. BTW, PMd you my phone number, let me know if you'd like a call.

Very welcoming of you Gordon, can't see how we can say no now! (only joking). I don't go to the dogs, and we no longer bet on them online. Some of the syndicate are avid gamblers and know their stuff, i'm a mere flutterer and go along with them or my own very poor hunches! We do it mainly for fun, if you can call it that. Just a band of bored old gits passing the time! Lol.

I'll store your phone number cheers mate. If you skype i can set up a conference meet later in the week?

Nothing so obvious, it'll be time of first pitch invasion. Just hoping the ref will notice.

• 1 month later...