Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight

I agree with JJ. Every cup is good. For ones outside of any remit of leagues why do clubs enter if they do not want it. Camberley choose to enter the Alsershot Senior Cup and over the last few years it has taken on real meaning with all the local clubs and is now viewed as a decent cup to win.

Krooner and jj are right any silver is good,nothing better than a day or night out at a cup final,any trophy looks good in the cabinet,I know cos I'm a spurs fan!!

When SL and I were running Frimley, we entered the ASC and SCC purely to give some fringe players first team minutes, just like how Arsenal use the League Cup only they are far more successful.

In the end it did not go totally to plan as for the ASC we out out the 14 players we had available and got thrashed. It worked well in the SCC and were unlucky to lose to Cove 2-1.

Some team would enter these cups for the same reason as what Frimley did last year (our main target was promotion which failed miserably) and some teams like Guildford and Sandhurst, and Cove last season enter them to get a chance at winning some silverwear when they are unlikely to challenge for promotion.