Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tonight

CCL

Croydon 1-1 Hanworth Villa

Suburban

Epsom & Ewell 1-1 Cobham

Horsham YMCA 1-5 Welling United (top)

Southern Youth League

Westfield 13-0 Dorking

Southern comb.cup. guildford city 2 -Molesey 3.

HI GUILDFORD SWEENEY (GS) WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT ! WERE YOU UNLUCKY ?

YOU BEAT NGU 5-0 LAST WEEK AND SATURDAY YOU BEAT BOOKHAM 4-1 ? 9 GOALS IN 2 GAMES THAT AINT BAD !

WAS IT A GOOD GAME ? IT SEEMS THE MOLES ARE INCONSISTANT THIS SEASON AND ON THE FEW (3) OCCASIONS I'VE SEEN THEM THIS SEASON THEY HAVE BEEN GOOD AND AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON I HAD THEM DOWN AS THE DARK HORSES TO BE THERE AT THE FINISH.

YOU BEAT NGU 5-0 LAST WEEK AND SATURDAY YOU BEAT BOOKHAM 4-1 ? 9 GOALS IN 2 GAMES THAT AINT BAD !

WAS IT A GOOD GAME ? IT SEEMS THE MOLES ARE INCONSISTANT THIS SEASON AND ON THE FEW (3) OCCASIONS I'VE SEEN THEM THIS SEASON THEY HAVE BEEN GOOD AND AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON I HAD THEM DOWN AS THE DARK HORSES TO BE THERE AT THE FINISH.

I don't think we were unlucky, to be honest Molesey were better than us for a lot of the match!

We were strong early on, going 1-0 up after 2 minutes, but they sorted themselves out and put us under pressure. Their first goal was absolute quality, the second was a bit of slack defending from us.

I don't think our players were too interested - we're concentrating on the league and Premier/Senior cups. That's not to take anything away from Molesey who were very good, but both these sides have been inconsistent this season and the game showed that. Deserved win for Molesey but we're not too worried about it really!

I don't think we were unlucky, to be honest Molesey were better than us for a lot of the match!

We were strong early on, going 1-0 up after 2 minutes, but they sorted themselves out and put us under pressure. Their first goal was absolute quality, the second was a bit of slack defending from us.

I don't think our players were too interested - we're concentrating on the league and Premier/Senior cups. That's not to take anything away from Molesey who were very good, but both these sides have been inconsistent this season and the game showed that. Deserved win for Molesey but we're not too worried about it really!

THANKS GS FOR WHAT CAN ONLY BE SAID AS HONEST REMARKS. IT APPEARS THAT THE MOLES CAN EITHER BE VERY GOOD OR VERY BAD HENCE THEIR LEAGUE POSITION.

EXCUSE MY IGNORANCE WHAT CUP WAS LASTS NIGHTS GAME? ALSO IF IT'S A 'NOTHING' CUP WHY ENTER IN IT ? SURELY CUP COMPETITIONS ARE THERE TO BE WON AND WOULD YOU NOT HAVE A BETTER CHANCE WINNING THIS 'NOTHING' CUP?

NTERESTING DEBATE SO WHAT DO YOU OTHER GUYS SAY ABOUT THIS?

All cups have to be entered if you belong to that League or Association you have no choice.The bugbear for me is that unless your a well supported club they are loss leaders,Ground hire,Refs and assistants,sandwiches,drinks for Officials,Especially if you drawn at home.But you may make a Final and play on the hallowed turf at Sutton

(tongue in cheek).A Quiz Question:Which team got knocked out of a prestigious Cup at the Q/F stage but went on to win the Final,now that is a Mickey Mouse Cup.

I'm with 'BEEN THERE' on this... last night was the Southern Combination Cup - a competition apparently not linked with the Combined Counties at all. That cup doesn't attract much interest so the club almost invariable makes a loss on the match. In the FA Cup/Vase this is offset by a) increased interest and B) prize money if you win. Then again, you have to split the gate money with the opposition etc.

It also hasn't helped that we've been drawn at home for:

3 rounds of the FA Cup

2 rounds of the FA Vase

2 rounds in the Premier Cup

2 rounds in the Southern Combination

1 round in the Senior Cup, with another at home should we beat Redhill next week.

That has a meant a lot of home matches this season and the pitch is only just about holding up, so to go out of the Southern Combination Cup will give our players and pitch a bit of a rest!

We've had decent progress in the Premier Cup this year, and the manager feels confident we can go further should we get a decent draw. Likewise, the Senior Cup is another chance to get some local interest in the club, especially if you can reach the later stages and get a draw against one of the bigger teams in Surrey.

I wouldn't ever call anything a 'nothing' cup, as it's great to win a trophy - but it certainly wasn't that high on our list of priorities I suppose!

Merstham...

Correct Weebs,Surrey Senior Cup.

And bloody fantastic it was too! Not our fault other clubs played ineligable players is it? ;) ;)

Anyway, entering the Southern Combination Cup is entirely up the discretion of the clubs, nothing to do with the League so no one else to blame for being in it!

Merstham...

Correct Weebs,Surrey Senior Cup.

And bloody fantastic it was too! Not our fault other clubs played ineligable players is it? wink.gif wink.gif

Anyway, entering the Southern Combination Cup is entirely up the discretion of the clubs, nothing to do with the League so no one else to blame for being in it!

Bomaya,who runs this Cup if you have any info.Be appreciated

Finishing 6th last season was a good achievement for Cove but it was even sweeter when we won the Southern Combination Cup on our last game of the season and on the day of our end of season presentation!

All cups are great to be involved in.

Finishing 6th last season was a good achievement for Cove but it was even sweeter when we won the Southern Combination Cup on our last game of the season and on the day of our end of season presentation!

All cups are great to be involved in.

HI JJ AGREE, IT APPEARS THAT EACH CLUB ENTER FOR THIS COMPETITION, SO MY THOUGHTS ARE, WHY ENTER IN IT IF YOU DON'T CARE IF YOU LOSE SAYING IT'S A MICKEY MOUSE CUP ? MAYBE A HIDDEN AGENDA THERE ? I DIDNT KNOW COVE WERE THE HOLDERS OF THIS PRESTIGIOUS CUP SO HOW FAR HAVE YOU GOT IN IT SO FAR OR HAVE YOU BEEN KNOCKED OUT ?

TRS WHERE YOU FILMING TOMORROW ?

NOT SURE WHERE TO GO TOMORROW ALTHOUGH THE BEST FIXTURE SEEMS TO BE AT CHERTSEY WHO ARE PLAYING CHESS & HOOK OR MAY GO TO SANDHURST WHO PLAY NGU AS I'VE SEEN CHERTSEY QUITE A FEW TIMES DECISIONS, DECISIONS !

Not played yet but i do know we have Leatherhead at home....

I woud expect the holders would have been given a bye to the semi final at least... but we'll just have to do the same we did last year. Take each game as it comes!!

I think we all use the Micket Mouse term when knocked out of a cup. Or we use the 'werent gonna win it anyway' excuse!!

I seem to have been misquoted as saying the Southern Combination Cup is a 'mickey mouse' competition. I didn't say that at all, and well done to Molesey for their deserved win. I just think it's fair to say the Southern Combination Cup wasn't one of our season priorities, and it doesn't hurt so much to be out of it as it did when we crashed out of the FA Cup.

Clearly if we had gone all the way and won the thing then we wouldn't be saying that of course! I believe that this is the first time the club entered the competition, and that the decision to do so was lost in amongst a summer of committee changes.

I seem to have been misquoted as saying the Southern Combination Cup is a 'mickey mouse' competition. I didn't say that at all, and well done to Molesey for their deserved win. I just think it's fair to say the Southern Combination Cup wasn't one of our season priorities, and it doesn't hurt so much to be out of it as it did when we crashed out of the FA Cup.

Clearly if we had gone all the way and won the thing then we wouldn't be saying that of course! I believe that this is the first time the club entered the competition, and that the decision to do so was lost in amongst a summer of committee changes.

GS, SORRY I MIS-QUOTED YOU AS YOU DIDN'T SAY THE SOTHERN COMBINATION CUP WAS NEITHER A 'NOTHING CUP' OR A 'MICKEY MOUSE CUP' - I STAND CORRECTED AND APOLOGISE, IT WAS MY INTERPRETATION OF WHAT YOU WAS MEANING TO SAY ABOUT THE CUP NOT BEING THAT IMPORTANT,

I WAS JUST TRYING TO POINT OUT THAT WHY ENTER IN A COMPETITION IF YOU DON'T CARE IF YOU GET KNOCKED OUT, ALL CLUBS ENTERING LOCAL CUPS SHOULD WANT TO WIN. ANYWAY, FAIR PLAY AS YOU SAY, IF YOU COULD HAVE WON THE CUP YOU WOULDN'T BE SAYING WHAT YOU SAID.

YOU'LL BE SEEING JOHNJO TOMORROW IN WHAT SHOULD BE A GOOD COMPETATIVE MATCH - GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS

I agree with JJ. Every cup is good. For ones outside of any remit of leagues why do clubs enter if they do not want it. Camberley choose to enter the Alsershot Senior Cup and over the last few years it has taken on real meaning with all the local clubs and is now viewed as a decent cup to win.