Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Thursday 18th Feb

Krooner

Look forward to seeing you there TRS wink.gif

Apologies for not making this in the end. How did it turn out? Hope I didn't miss an SL 30 yarder!

T.R.S. could of been video scoop of the year,rumoured our Leader missed a PENALTY.Will we see him again on here,I hope so.

Apart from the missed penalty, a sending off I understand, for verbal abuse to a young linesman.

Yeah go on.Flying pigs i just seen,got a catch em for they change colour.coffee%20(2).gif

Just found this report on the Camberley website. I think we can safely assume the rumour is true - for GB read Krooner :smilewinkgrin:

"Just for you GB, I'm surprised you managed to get up this morning with all that running you did.

This had everything. Bad tackles, missed penalties and a sending off. And that was just GB.

The game was contested in the spirit it should have, and it saw Eagle's 9 year old assistant manager mastermind a 3-2 win after being 2-0 down at half time.

In the first half, the game was even. Eagle had the first real opportunity, a penalty after their striker was fouled. However, they could not capitalise, their striker slamming the ball off the crossbar. Rumour has it Chewy is claiming he tipped it onto the bar but that's for you to decide. Camberley managed to take the lead midway through the half, with "H" slipping a through ball to Oakley to slotted home much to delight of the watching under 9's who learnt how to finish.

Shortly after they learnt how not to finish when Oakley blazed over from the edge of the box. Eagle continued to press, GB instrumental in the moves, and Barnard playing trademark left foot long balls. Camberley increased their lead to 2-0 when youngster Tweed slotted home inside the box, despite Barnards best efforts to claim the offside.

Eagle had a chance to reduce the deficit, Chewy made a cynical foul in the box. GB steps up to take the penalty. With the number of people behind the goal expecting him to score, he steps up, and sends the ball wide. The people behind the goal were GB's under 10s, following the miss with laughs and chants of "Who are ya?"

In the second half the two under 17s swapped sides and played the second half for Eagle. Barnard moved up top. Eagle dominated the second half for large periods. They reduced the deficit after a silky run from Barnard resulting in a cheeky finish at Chewy's near post. Shortly before this GB was almost done for assault after a horrific challenge on Rob Daniels, something the kids did not want to see

Barnard got the equalizer with another neat finish, and then it was discovered Eagle had been playing the majority of the half with 12 men! As Camberley pressed for a winner, Andrew Passfield went close with a good effort which just went over the bar, and another effort which just went wide.

The winning goal came 13 minutes from time, when Eagle's midfielder sent a 20 yard effort into the top corner. Camberley continued to try to get back in it but they couldn't get the ball in the goal.

GB was then sent off for a second yellow after abusing the 10 year old lino (who happened to be his son), much to the delight of the strong crowd watching.

So the game ended 3-2 to Eagle. A big thank you must go to GB for arranging this game, one which was played in a friendly spirit and a crowd pleasing event. Well done to all who were involved"

Oh well, all in a good cause :applaus:

Great fun had by all it seems,a game played in the true spirit of a Charity game.Always remember playing in goal for Coney Hall dads many moons ago,let one through me legs on purpose,to give the U/14S victory,the other dads were not amused.They got ribbed by their siblings for months,I was about as popular then as Trenty finds me now, but we all paid our £5,which was a lot of money then.

It was indeed a fine evening. Yes I missed a pen in front of most of my U11 side. Serious ribbings coming on. Yes I was sent off for shouting at the 10 year old AR who is my son. He was shocking ;)

Surrey Legend was inspiring for the team in a superb comeback and I have to say the silky skills I displayed in the 2nd half will surely have finished PB's career. People were gasping at it :)

Most importantly was the fact we raised £600 for the charity which was a great effort.

Oh and if you pick the right game tomorrow you may see 1 assistant in real trouble trying to run. And at least one poster will be there........

It was indeed a fine evening. Yes I missed a pen in front of most of my U11 side. Serious ribbings coming on. Yes I was sent off for shouting at the 10 year old AR who is my son. He was shocking wink.gif

Surrey Legend was inspiring for the team in a superb comeback and I have to say the silky skills I displayed in the 2nd half will surely have finished PB's career. People were gasping at it smile.gif

Most importantly was the fact we raised £600 for the charity which was a great effort.

Oh and if you pick the right game tomorrow you may see 1 assistant in real trouble trying to run. And at least one poster will be there........

Well done Mate.

What a great evening.

Here is a list of main events:

Krooner took the worst penalty I have ever seen. The fact that he took the ball off me and then missed so badly is something I will never forgive him for.

Krooner did indeed get sent off but should have been sent off early in the second half for the worst challenge of the game. Straight red would have been too soft for that challenge. Lets just say if he had been anymore over the top of the ball he would have kicked the bloke in hte throat.

We were losing 2-0 until PB showed up and went onto the other team. This helped us come back and win 3-2.

Sorry about catching you with a elbow PB. It just comes out.

Really enjoyed the night and great you were able to raise so much money. Did the fund raising include your fine for being sent off?