Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

NGU PROMOTION APPEAL ACCEPTED

NICE GUY

HI GUYS

I'VE HEARD A RUMOUR THAT NGU PROMOTION APPEAL HAS BEEN ACCEPTED BY THE FA, SO SHOULD THEY BE CHAMPIONS THEY GET PROMOTED, WHICH I ASSUME MUST BE BAD NEWS FOR THE LIKES OF CAMBERLEY AND CHERTSEY ? WHY WON'T THE FA ALLOW 2ND PLACE PROMOTION OR HAVE PLAY-OFFS EH .......... WASTERS !

CAN SOMEONE FROM NGU OR ANYONE (IE) VPCTFC, CHRIS CLAPHAM, WHITELAW YOU GUYS NORMALLY KNOW WHATS GOING ON, PLEASE CONFIRM THIS TO BE TRUE OR NOT ?

Edited by NICE GUY

It is correct that NGU have now been added by the FA to the list of clubs seeking promotion at the end of the season.

The CCL has been (and still is) at the forefront of the attempts to obtain promotion for second placed clubs, which seems to have the backing of all or certainly most of the other Step 5 leagues in the country. There is no good news to report at the moment though.

It is correct that NGU have now been added by the FA to the list of clubs seeking promotion at the end of the season.

The CCL has been (and still is) at the forefront of the attempts to obtain promotion for second placed clubs, which seems to have the backing of all or certainly most of the other Step 5 leagues in the country. There is no good news to report at the moment though.

APPRECIATE YOUR CONFIRMING WHITELAW. LOOKS LIKE I LOST MY BET THANKS TO THE FA !

FOR DISCUSSION, COME ON GUYS, VPCTFC, CHERTSEY BOY, KROONER AND ANY OTHER, WHATS YOUR REACTION AND VIEWS TO THIS GRANTED APPEAL FOR NGU ?

Personally I think you need to know all the facts for their appeal before we / you can comment properly.

I have been told certain things for there reason to appeal but nothing official

Personally I think you need to know all the facts for their appeal before we / you can comment properly.

TEFFS, IT WAS NOT A DIG AT NGU AS I'M SURE THERE WAS A LIGITIMATE REASON FOR THEIR ADMIN ARROR. MY DIG WAS AT THE FA BUREAUCRACY THAT IF YOU MISSED THE DEADLINE DATE, THAT IT IS HARD LUCK ! THAT'S WHY I WAS WRONG BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT THE FA WOULDN'T MOVE THEGOAL POSTS BUT THEY DID, SO GOOD LUCK NGU !

Nicey - if you knew me you'd never ask me to comment as I always will and it can get long and boring cos I'm an opinionated sod, but as you did ask.....

as Teffs said, we don't know the full facts so can't really comment on NGU. It was posted on the NLM forum that Mike Appleby said at a Spartan South Midlands League meeting that the reason NGU's forms hadn't arrived on time was due to a car crash although I must point out that, at the time, Mike didn't actually name the club involved. It's only now that's it's clear he was referring to NGU.

We all expected NGU to apply so it's no shock and, judging by the farce last season regarding Horsham YMCA being promoted despite not finishing in the top two just to make life easier for the Isthmian League and Horsham FC, there's nothing anyone can do about it so we'll just have to accept it. If the step four leagues want you in, you'll get in. If they don't you won't.

Re. step 5 leagues pushing for two promotion places. That isn't going to happen so you might as well save your energy. No way are the Isthmian, Southern and Northern Leagues gonna relegate 5 clubs from their divisions. As we all know, they'd rather keep failing clubs in with reprieves rather than rewarding successful clubs from the leagues below.

The only way we'll get two promotion places is if there's a restructure of the pyramid again.

If that ever does happen then it should be the top two teams who go up. None of this play-off nonsense. You play 42 games to see who's best. That should be it. Don't fall into the trap of thinking play-offs are about making leagues more exciting - they're not. They're about making more money. Not neccessarily a bad thing but why don't leagues and clubs just admit it? Why are they only interested in the top clubs being in the play-offs? If was about excitement they'd allow the bottom clubs to be involved as well but they gave that up just a couple of seasons after they were first introduced. Bottom three go down, should be top three replacing them or whatever numbers the leagues have.

I know it's repetitious and boring, but yet again, I agree with Teffers on this.

:Kick_Can_emoticon: