Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chester City

Jurg78

If you cannot pay your way tough sh1t. The only thing that should happen is clubs should have to start at the bottom and not be allowed any higher than Step 5. I am watching 1 local team doing the same as before, although to be fair a little better, and what will happen when it all goes tits up again. They will be allowed to start up again higher than clubs that pay their bills.

Guessing you may be talking about Farnborough Plasma FC? Interesting, or should that be alarming, to look at their recent gates. Only 584 there yesterday, to see the team win to take a 13 point lead in the Zamaretto Premier. Early gates around the 1,000 mark have dropped away and every home game lately seems to see a drop from the previous one. I'm sure they were getting around the 1,000 mark this time last year when supposedly playing ugly football under Vines. Mr 'shoestring budget' King has brought in his star studded team (playing only for the challenge/love of the club of course) and is presumably producing 'lovely' football, so what's the problem? Could it be that Farnborough FC are just not going to get a decent following to match the chairman's ambitions? Well I never! Just who is going to sit in that s[****!!****]y new stand?

Make or break for them next season in my opinion.

After today's news regarding the winding-up petition I think you're being generous by giving them another season. If they survive this season I expect massive cut-backs on the playing budget next season.

Some people never learn do they?

They're one of the most expensive clubs at step 3 in the country to watch and have the fourth highest crowds behind Dartford, Boston & FCUM but they can't pay their bills. They're doing something seriously wrong to be taken to court for what is a relatively small bill (£3000). Their other creditors are probably now lining up to get the money they're owed before it's too late.

Oh well. I can't say I'll miss them

**edited cos I forgot Boston!**

Edited by VPCTFC

Interesting news VPCTFC, although I see it was dismissed. Nevertheless it doesn't bode well to me. Just had a glance at their forum and could weep really. One or two wise heads on there, but most are 'trust in Simon' types. If my club had ended up going under as Farnborough Town FC did, i'd be horrified if the reformed version seemed content to go down the same route. Classic quotes from their forum -

I have a very good feeling about the Boro set -up and reckon they will go straight into League 2 in the next 2 years and they will attract support all along the way

I do fear for some other clubs though in these difficult times. (my bold!)

For this level our crowds are pretty good but I always assumed Simon had agreed to bridge the gap between gates and salaries.

So I'm excited about the future and looking forward to getting back to where we rightly belong!! We just have to be patient and TRUST IN SIMON!!!

We'd all better bury our head in the sand then and hope nothing happens to Simon or his money :smashfreakb: