Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Chester City

Jurg78

Let the clubs die. Feel sorry for the fans. Didnt see many Leeds fans moaning as they racked up huge debts trying to become the biggest club in the land. Same thing happens all the way down. Fans do sweet fa while it is all going lovely and they are winning every week.

My club almost went under because of "Chasing a dream" and we paid every single penny off of the debt we owed. No CVA [censored] and 10p in the pound, adminstraion and all that.

If you cannot pay your way tough sh1t. The only thing that should happen is clubs should have to start at the bottom and not be allowed any higher than Step 5. I am watching 1 local team doing the same as before, although to be fair a little better, and what will happen when it all goes tits up again. They will be allowed to start up again higher than clubs that pay their bills.

While I am at it kick all clubs out of senior football that do not have their own ground !!!!

Kroons a Teflonesque outburst there,whilst I agree on the Financial side of things that Clubs should keep their houses in order,and pay their debts.I totallly Disagree on your Groundsharing Point,don't Reading share albeit with a Rugby Club,creates revenue for them as it does for many Clubs,Rent,Bar and Food Takings,maybe Functions.Kingstonian for example share at A.F.C. Wimbledon albeit it rent free,they have no Reserve side though as I am sorry to say,but they do not need one,because they loan fringe Players out to get fit at other Clubs.Merstham,Leatherhead,and Camberley have all used some of their players this season.Then if they want a Friendly they play at these Clubs,no cost to them Kingstonian that is.Reserve Teams are a drain on any Clubs resources,better to have a Club paying you to share your ground,than it standing empty,and unused.We live in a changing world and we need to move with the times and a problem shared is a problem solved.Shame that the 200+ people who protested at Camberley the other evening against a Mosque,dont get behind their local team.We have 2 Mosques in Croydon and 3 Non League sides,attendance at Football maximum for all 3, 200 people.The Mosques on the other hand the Police cordon off the Roads for them,2000people attend,but never attend a Football Match,why you may ask, it is not in their culture to do so,therein lies the problem

Edited by Smudge

Smudgey you have a learnt to learn Shun.

Bit about money was my belief.

Bit about the Groundsharing was a little bait thrown out for a nibble :) And I got one.

Personally though I prefer us having a reserve side than haveing a team groundsharing. For me we have benefitted from having a reserve side to link the Youth through to the 1st team more than we would have from a groundsharing team. Be interested to hear the views of Clubs from both sides of that particular fence.

A bite it sure was,but ask yourself this why did Crystal Palace used to get crowds of 20,000 plus,now lucky to get 13,000.Croydon 'Megabucks' Athletic played Lowestoft Town both top of Ryman 1 divisions,attendance 58.The Pubs are disappearing faster than the Titanic,The Dog tracks have nearly all closed,all used to be part of a working mans leisure activity,well mine anyway.The blame for the Football Decline lays firmly at the F.A.'s door,tighter regulation is needed of the high profile Clubs,and a better divi up of the vast amount of T.V. MONEY TO TEAMS LOWER DOWN.Talking of being Homeless I saw on the Surrey F.A. site yesterday,that a group has been funded,to teach them about Football,wouldn't that money be better spent on finding them somewher to live.Funded no doubt by all the FINES you silly boys pay week in week out,so learn your lesson no bookings,but I suppose it is going to a good cause.BIG ISSUE ANYONE.

if

However there are far too many clubs chasing the same pound coins.

Mole valley DC.

Leatherhead

Dorking

Bookham

Dorking Wanderers

Mole valley sutton cobham rovers (evil.gif)

How many senior clubs can a borough or district council area support?

And with regard to the above, TSF, maybe the question should have been................

'HOW MAY OF THE LISTED CLUBS, DOES THE LOCAL AUTHORITY SUPPORT ?'

Having said that, we are finding our landlords a little more ameniable these days.

Edited by Big J R

Why should local councils support clubs that are not at least self sufficient. Dorking may not be paying these days JR but both you and I know that in the past they shelled out serious wonga and that is where half the problem lays. Not a pop at Dorking just an example. Our local council lent the club £40k a number of years ago and we struggled to pay it back to hey effectively withdrew support from the club in terms of grants, lease extensions etc. The club paid the money off and now there is a better relationship with the council.

Interesting point, Kroons. A recent conversation held at Meadowbank very recently led us to believe that DFC are in the minority, when it comes to clubs in the CoCo Prem that are NOT paying players.

On this subject, here's another one biting the dust....

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forum/topic/143199-another-one-bites-the-dust/page__pid__1622540__st__0entry1622540

Wouldnt surprise me JR.

Just another thing that annoys me. IMHO players at this level should be playing for enjoyment. It should not cost them to play so I would expect the club to cover expenses (travelling to and from a game, club gear etc) but not paying them stupid money and I know no-one will come on here and say they or their clubs are paying silly money but most of us will know that it happens.

Wouldnt surprise me JR.

Just another thing that annoys me. IMHO players at this level should be playing for enjoyment. It should not cost them to play so I would expect the club to cover expenses (travelling to and from a game, club gear etc) but not paying them stupid money and I know no-one will come on here and say they or their clubs are paying silly money but most of us will know that it happens.

So how much are 'expenses'?

If three officials, who are also supposed to be doing it for enjoyment, cost £90-£100 (whatever it is) a game in expenses then 18 players and management is £540-£600 a game. How many CCL clubs are paying that?

Farnham

Ash

Camberley

Eversley

Sandhurst Could join up and become THE FACES F.C.

Three different counties covered there so may be some issues.

Sandhurst definately don't pay, but a good playing surface can be a good attraction for many.

If a club can afford it within their means, then I do not see the issue with expenses. Not for all but certainly the away games with a bit of distance (Croydon etc) I would like to have a petrol usage covered. Incidently, I think we are getting petrol money for our Berks and Bucks game next Tuesday.

Other considerations in terms of finance are those who use the clubs as a tax dodge. I know of one club at a higher level who deliberately run the club at a loss and offset it against the tax their paid in their own companies.

Another thread for Refs fees already started VP but as it is a more direct and honest question than that post I will answer.

My belief around players remains that it shouldnt cost them money to play. I also believe that with officials. It shouldnt cost a ref money to referee a game so should be paid enough to cover their mileage and the cost of their kit for the season which is the same as my beleif for players. I fully agree officials cost a lot of money and perhaps too much but there are clubs that pay £500+ a week for players so £100 every 2 weeks is a drop in the ocean for them. Unfortunately the fees have to be the same for all teams so at the moment that is the way it is. Clubs have the ability to change any rule they wish at the AGM so they cannot really complain about the fees because they have the power to change it.

Are there officials who do it for the money. Almost certainly.

Are there players who play for clubs in this league just for the money. Almost certainly.

An interesting debate. Just to pick up upon the comment about the rules, unfortunately these days neither the clubs nor the League have too much scope to alter them. We have to operate in accordance with the FA's "standard rules" which quite frankly are designed for leagues playing at higher levels and very often not particularly relevant to Step 5/6 football. I understand we are about to get a shaft of new rules down from the FA and we will have no choice but to accept them. For those of you who have a league handbook, we have also been told that we must remove all the "interpretations" that are currently included, despite the fact that many of them in my view are perfectly sensible and adapted to cater for the real situation in the CCL. One simple example is that we state in our interpretations that kick off times in the winter for Div 1 clubs without lights will be 2.00. We have to get rid of that so in theory next season all clubs kicking off earlier than 3.00 will technically be in breach of the rules. Sorry I've gone off topic a bit.

Edited by whitelaw

'HOW MAY OF THE LISTED CLUBS, DOES THE LOCAL AUTHORITY SUPPORT ?'

Having said that, we are finding our landlords a little more ameniable these days.

Good point. R&B DC do bugger all for us as a rule. Anything we've ever got out of them has been down to hard graft and pestering by the likes of Martin Burr. Took us about 2 years to get a tiny sign on a lamppost directing people to our ground.

With dwindling gate entry, it is not unusual sometimes for there not to be enough money to pay the officials.

Now, that really is worrying !

An interesting debate. Just to pick up upon the comment about the rules, unfortunately these days neither the clubs nor the League have too much scope to alter them. We have to operate in accordance with the FA's "standard rules" which quite frankly are designed for leagues playing at higher levels and very often not particularly relevant to Step 5/6 football. I understand we are about to get a shaft of new rules down from the FA and we will have no choice but to accept them. For those of you who have a league handbook, we have also been told that we must remove all the "interpretations" that are currently included, despite the fact that many of them in my view are perfectly sensible and adapted to cater for the real situation in the CCL. One simple example is that we state in our interpretations that kick off times in the winter for Div 1 clubs without lights will be 2.00. We have to get rid of that so in theory next season all clubs kicking off earlier than 3.00 will technically be in breach of the rules. Sorry I've gone off topic a bit.

You can understand all the leagues within the same system having a basic set of rules but surely it's better if leagues and clubs can adapt those rules to suit their own needs, even if any changes have to cleared by the FA.

Would it not be possible to publish the official rules as laid down by the FA and then hand out a seperate booklet with clarifications and interpretations on it or would the FA get uptight about that?

The standard rules are often mentioned on TK's forum - it's recently been pointed out that every league in the pyramid has a rule stating clubs must be based in England or Wales. So how many Welsh teams are the Kent League likely to accept? Mind you, they were looking to accept a team from Guernsey and that isn't in England or Wales.

I know there is one rule that's currently relevant to the CCL that the FA will leave to leagues to sort out and that's ground-sharing. As we all know, the FA used to say that ground-sharing agreements must be in place for at least a year before promotion is allowed from step 6 to step 5, now the FA just say it's down to individual Leagues. The Hellenic have dropped it (see Wokingham & Emmbrook / Bracknell for an example) but the CCL have still kept it. To be honest I think Staines Lammas and MVSCR should be allowed to go up this season if they finish in the top three. It's not really the fault of either club that they fail on a technicality (that's if MVSCR do fail, after all, they've played their whole season at Cobham). Lammas have tried and failed to get lights and we all knew they were going to be at Ashford next season, MVSCR were unceremoniously chucked out of River Lane.

You may have gone off topic AC but I'll run with it!

And btw Krooner - fair point, well made.

What was the original question again?

If you cannot pay your way tough sh1t. The only thing that should happen is clubs should have to start at the bottom and not be allowed any higher than Step 5. I am watching 1 local team doing the same as before, although to be fair a little better, and what will happen when it all goes tits up again. They will be allowed to start up again higher than clubs that pay their bills.

Guessing you may be talking about Farnborough Plasma FC? Interesting, or should that be alarming, to look at their recent gates. Only 584 there yesterday, to see the team win to take a 13 point lead in the Zamaretto Premier. Early gates around the 1,000 mark have dropped away and every home game lately seems to see a drop from the previous one. I'm sure they were getting around the 1,000 mark this time last year when supposedly playing ugly football under Vines. Mr 'shoestring budget' King has brought in his star studded team (playing only for the challenge/love of the club of course) and is presumably producing 'lovely' football, so what's the problem? Could it be that Farnborough FC are just not going to get a decent following to match the chairman's ambitions? Well I never! Just who is going to sit in that s[****!!****]y new stand?

Make or break for them next season in my opinion.