Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 20th March.

Smudge

Now where do I go Tomorrow,Coulsdon v Hartley Witney,or Crescent v Cobham a tough choice,Crescent is 10 minutes walk away,Coulsdon is 30 mins Bus Ride then a walk up a steep hill that takes 15 mins.The plus at Crescent is that I will get to meet The Adonis Jurgs and maybe Younghammerwhitby,or go to Coulsdon to meet Bob and Dot,Brunty,Luke,and have a chat with Spy,am I man enough to take his wrath.People who know me, will know where I will be,hope to see other posters there.

Whats coulsdons ground like?

Brunty, Coulsdon's place has been run into the ground over the years. If someone went there with a few pennies they would have a gold mine. The clubs grounds are massive and the club house is huge but under used and only a small section of it is open. Changing rooms are diabolical. Pitch is large, has a slight slope but has been neglected like the rest of the place. Its a shame because nice club nice people but no idea. I think you would do well to win there tomorrow.

S**T Pitch, even worse changing rooms, but the only saving grace is the lovely old couple that work behind the bar and generally do everything.

Brunty, Coulsdon's place has been run into the ground over the years. If someone went there with a few pennies they would have a gold mine. The clubs grounds are massive and the club house is huge but under used and only a small section of it is open. Changing rooms are diabolical. Pitch is large, has a slight slope but has been neglected like the rest of the place. Its a shame because nice club nice people but no idea. I think you would do well to win there tomorrow.

Bit harsh Zach, it has been run down, but only because Bob and Dot (that nice old couple behind the bar !! lol) have been stiffed by a succesion of managers / coaches who have promised the earth and delivered FECK ALL !!!! Thats the reason I decided to go there just after Christmas to try to help them. The ONLY promise I've made is that no matter what happens to the club, whether they remain in the CCL or whether they end up in the surrey elite or combination I will stay and try to assemble a solid 'back room' (so vital to any club) and a strong as playing staff as possible. You are correct on the money front and at the moment I'm talking to two money men who are interested. I've already lined up a Uefa 'B'' badge coach for next season (promised his anonimity till the summer) The other major factor is the building company 'Gleesons' who own the site have now given us permision to apply for lights and a stand. There is a long way to go and a lot of work ahead, we might fail miserably, but it won't be for the lack of trying. If anyone of you knows anyone who might be interested in getting involved with a major project get in touch. It sounds ridiculous but they have a got massive potential there and could be the new Chipstead or Merstham. The journey will be long with many ups and many downs, but it will be fun !!!!!! Brunty, look me up tomorrow, I'm the one with the grey hair and beard !!!! I had jet black locks before Christmas !!!!!

Edited by spy

Spy - so are u manager or what sorry i might be being thick but cant tell from ur post?

Im the HW captain so you will be able to spot me - ill make sure i say hello if i see you.

Best of luck with your project with Cousldon its amazing that you are still ging this season with the results you have had alot of teams would have given up!!

Brunty, we were there two weeks ago and the pitch wasn't too bad to be fair! Flat with a good roll to it. The better half is the top end as the bottom is where water obviously sits when it rains.

Smudgey - Why are you not being faithful to Municipal? I thought you were a No.1 fan? Was hoping to bump into you tomorrow and I'd even let you buy me a J2O in the bar after :smilewinkgrin:

Brunty, we were there two weeks ago and the pitch wasn't too bad to be fair! Flat with a good roll to it. The better half is the top end as the bottom is where water obviously sits when it rains.

Smudgey - Why are you not being faithful to Municipal? I thought you were a No.1 fan? Was hoping to bump into you tomorrow and I'd even let you buy me a J2O in the bar after smilewinkgrin.gif

Wattsy, if I bump into you anywhere I would gladly,get you a drink of H2 0,and as I am your number 1 FAN,I'd go to a double.Your well worth the expense,but your still a tight kent.

Edited by Smudge

Like to see you chip in with a fiver for my work! Besides, the Mrs has my wallet, permanent! :bartshocked:

Like to see you chip in with a fiver for my work! Besides, the Mrs has my wallet, permanent! bartshocked.gif

Wattsy life is not all about money but respect,you must kick of the U.T.T.D..Nice to see you got your backside kicked today at The Arena.

I know, you seem to think life revolves around £5!!

Yeah we lost, could've been higher and could also have been 10-10. We were very very poor though!

Coulsdon, which is Netherne, has been upgraded a lot over the years and not run into the ground. Have you been in the changing rooms? The home changing room is large light and airy. All of the club is open but it is all sectioned off when football is on. If you ever come here again ask and you can be shown around. You don't know what you are talking about. There are rules which govern leases and planning permission so you can't develop without the correct things in place. We have had to work hard to keep it open and keep football played there. The pitch is in a better state than it has been and it is much better than a lot of other clubs - at least it is covered in grass unlike some. How do you know the club is underused? You don't seem to know much about the club. Also, as a CASC all money goes back into the club and it is not there for someone to make a fortune out of. If you would like to help (all run by volunteers) come along and upgrade our changing rooms in June. Or, perhaps you would like to give us a few pennies - no return though.