Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Surrey Premier CupM

Mole Valley did the C.C.L.Div 1 Clubs proud last night, with a battling performance against Sutton United Res at Colston Ave,losing 5-4 on Penalties.Mole Valley can count themselves very unlucky to lose in normal time,as 98 mins was the time when Sutton equalised to make the score 1-1 with virtually the last kick of the 90/98.Sutton were made to look ordinary for much of this Match,by a very hard working M.V. side who played with passion,and a fair bit of skill in subduing the Sutton so called stars of Dunn,and De Santos up front,who for my Money looked disinterested, although Dunn scored the equaliser,with a mis hit drive.Jay Holden caused Sutton problems with his tireless running and closing down,in midfield Nemo Adams had a great game and was my M.O.M. A crowd of approx 250+ attended and had a thoroughly good Evening.Although the downside for me was that there were NO bookings in the 1st Half,but 7 in the 2nd, in a game played in excellent spirit .Plus 6 Substitutions hence the 8 mins of Extra added on time.

Edited by Smudge

Mole Valley did the C.C.L.Div 1 Clubs proud last night, with a battling performance against Sutton United Res at Colston Ave,losing 5-4 on Penalties.Mole Valley can count themselves very unlucky to lose in normal time,as 98 mins was the time when Sutton equalised to make the score 1-1 with virtually the last kick of the 90/98.Sutton were made to look ordinary for much of this Match,by a very hard working M.V. side who played with passion,and a fair bit of skill in subduing the Sutton so called stars of Dunn,and De Santos up front,who for my Money looked disinterested, although Dunn scored the equaliser,with a mis hit drive.Jay Holden caused Sutton problems with his tireless running and closing down,in midfield Nemo Adams had a great game and was my M.O.M. A crowd of approx 250+ attended and had a thoroughly good Evening.Although the downside for me was that there were NO bookings in the 1st Half,but 7 in the 2nd, in a game played in excellent spirit .Plus 6 Substitutions hence the 8 mins of Extra added on time.

Thanx Smudge, good performance but real dissapointing finish, 2nd time we've lost a Final on Penalties. As for the injury time, what a joke!! Aaron Ramsey breaks his tibia and fibula during a game - 8 minutes injury time. We played a fairly normal game, 5 subs were made, 1 minor injury to a Sutton player - 8 minutes injury time?? and i think u confused Jay Holdens tireless running with Chris Barrys.

No I think Holden was number 9,and got substituted,Barry was 10,shame you did not get longer,as I feel you could of made a big difference with your pace and skill.Your 7 was one of the greediest Players I have seen in ages,trickery, pace,but how many touches does he need,counted 11 in one run alone,when an easy pass would of opened them up.But overall M.V.S.C.R. should be very proud of what they acheived,Just a big shame they never Won,but a GREAT ADVERT for C.C.L.

No I think Holden was number 9,and got substituted,Barry was 10,shame you did not get longer,as I feel you could of made a big difference with your pace and skill.Your 7 was one of the greediest Players I have seen in ages,trickery, pace,but how many touches does he need,counted 11 in one run alone,when an easy pass would of opened them up.But overall M.V.S.C.R. should be very proud of what they acheived,Just a big shame they never Won,but a GREAT ADVERT for C.C.L.

Lol yeah he was, bit of sarcasm as i didnt see much tireless running from Holden, wasnt one of his best games. Yeah thought i was coming on esp when we were 1-0 up, couldve taken up a bit of time but manager had other plans i guess. Shame really, but I wasnt 100% fit and it was my first game back after a month since Bruntys malicious career threatening tackle down at Hartley lol. As for Richie Smith, yeah he is a law unto himself but every team has one and i guess we've just learned to put up with it kinda like Hartley ignoring Spences threats to stab someone at every game lol. Overall yeah decent performance hope we can carry this into the league esp with Pagey back in and Big Hartnoll coming back from injury.

As usual, great clip, TRS.

You'll be employing 'Motty' to do the commentary soon !

:smilewinkgrin:

Edited by Big J R

spence...

seen your mob in action twice this season, u have the 1of the most lethal strikers around in holden n to take OFF a proven goalscorer 4that other striker with 10 to go was a masive mistake, the lad scores goal for fun... ( think your manager had a rafa benetez moment) n the guy that came on for him looked lost. if anything shut up shop n see the game out...defender for attacker would have made more sence especially as u has 3at the back... (1st mistake)

your team were fantastic on the night n out played sutton utd in eve department and you must be wondering how your name aint on that pot, having said that where on earth do get 8mins extra time other than at old trafford, the ref was very good on the night but this was a huge mistake on his part, no one in the crowd could understand how you get 8mins et , infact he played 99mins

by my watch as he let the game go on for another 1min after mv kicked off again.. (2nd huge mistake) :511:

but your boys should be proud of themselves as they were by far the better team on the night...

spence...

seen your mob in action twice this season, u have the 1of the most lethal strikers around in holden n to take OFF a proven goalscorer 4that other striker with 10 to go was a masive mistake, the lad scores goal for fun... ( think your manager had a rafa benetez moment) n the guy that came on for him looked lost. if anything shut up shop n see the game out...defender for attacker would have made more sence especially as u has 3at the back... (1st mistake)

your team were fantastic on the night n out played sutton utd in eve department and you must be wondering how your name aint on that pot, having said that where on earth do get 8mins extra time other than at old trafford, the ref was very good on the night but this was a huge mistake on his part, no one in the crowd could understand how you get 8mins et , infact he played 99mins

by my watch as he let the game go on for another 1min after mv kicked off again.. (2nd huge mistake) :511:

but your boys should be proud of themselves as they were by far the better team on the night...

Firstly thank you for your praise of my lads who we feel done themselves and the league huge credit Wed eve. We were bemused at how we have not come away with the trophy too...

As for " think your manager had a rafa benetez moment" well I beg to differ. J is clearly a very prolific scorer and I felt that on the night it just wasn't happening for him... you make decisions as a manager at the time, everyone is ready to swipe at you when things go wrong, shame they are never so quick to comment about the successes... IE making the final against stiff opposition?!

You also correctly mention the 10 to go as it turned out, but myself and assistant had been reliably informed by assistant and 4th official that there significantly less remaining, and we felt that fresh legs may relieve the pressure by us closing them down higher up and forcing them back rather than sitting deeper and inviting them on the attack.. I will concede that this is not how it panned out, but it is SO easy with hindsight...

Still you live and learn as they say and who could've predicted that the official time keeper could get it so very wrong in that instance.. Otherwise we were quite happy with the officials!

Cheers Darren

absolutly agree with you about the time, that was an absolute joke and i think the ref should have to answer these questions, coz i made it 5subs in normal time 2.1/2 mins and 2injuries another 2min, at the most there should have been 5mins et, yet i was standing by the players tunnel when the board was put up, and heard atleast 10people laugh, there was to surrey officals there bemused by the fact...

i felt so sorry for the mv fans as clearly most of the 250 in the ground were mv supporters, and made the night very entertaining from the stands to say the least....

but i do think u would av been better to change your right winger dont know his name, but he is the greadiest player i think iv seen at this standard, and does not like passing let along crossing ball, he was the strangle hold on your team in the second half!! it was there for all to see, and thats part of the reason i mention the sub being confussing (gaffa) as your front to were having to do so much chasing down in the final third that maybe they could nick a winner in the 90 or should a say 98

but hey ho your team done the ccl proud and can hold there heads high as caused the so called self proclamed sutton utd problems in all areas of the game...

and promotion for your team will not be a problem for sure, look forward to seeing mv in action soon...