Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Division one 2010/11

spy

[/iAnyone got any ideas (heard any rumours) about next season. I know as it stands no one will come down from the prem, mvscr have gone up and crescent have gone to the elite league (subject to acceptance). That leaves the division three short. Spellthorne have apparently been rejected, hayes gate have lost their ground, so at the moment it seems the division will have a maximum of 19. Any news on Municipal, have heard they definately have left the arena, will they play at Shelton ave, (smudge, any news?) and what about feltham, where will they be playing?

Spy,No longer being in the inner circle at Municipal,I cannot confirm whether they will be at the Arena or not.The Chairman last I heard had taken over Shelton Sports Ground in Warlingham on Leasehold,with Plans for 5 a side pitches with Floodlights,which he told me had Planning permission.Not sure that Shelton Sports would be up to C.C.L. Standard even at the lower level that is allowed now though.

Spy - when you say Hayes Gate have lost their ground, do you mean their groundshare at Hanwell Town has fallen through? That's where they were going to play next season. The Middlesex League season still hasn't finished but it looks like HG will finish second so should be coming up if the Hanwell thing is still on.

Also - Farnborough North End have applied to come across. They've confirmed it on their website a couple of times. I can't see any reason why they won't be allowed into Div 1. Unless you count Millie as a good reason not to let them in. :smilewinkgrin:

Spy - when you say Hayes Gate have lost their ground, do you mean their groundshare at Hanwell Town has fallen through? That's where they were going to play next season. The Middlesex League season still hasn't finished but it looks like HG will finish second so should be coming up if the Hanwell thing is still on.

Also - Farnborough North End have applied to come across. They've confirmed it on their website a couple of times. I can't see any reason why they won't be allowed into Div 1. Unless you count Millie as a good reason not to let them in. :smilewinkgrin:

I didn't think you were allowed to groundshare to gain promotion....

They were already sharing at Yeading's old ground but that's getting bulldozed this season. Or is it being done up for H&Y to move back? I can never remember.

They were already sharing at Yeading's old ground but that's getting bulldozed this season. Or is it being done up for H&Y to move back? I can never remember.

Hayes gate play at a ground next to yeading I think.

Not anymore Pearcey - they moved into The Warren at the start of the season from the old Technicolour ground next door.

Not anymore Pearcey - they moved into The Warren at the start of the season from the old Technicolour ground next door.

Shame really as I played at "Yeading" this year against their stiffs after injury - better than 99% CCL grounds.

I did hear another rumour but was awhile back that they would prefer Hellenic route anyway. Hope they come up to be honest as the way it's looking could be 19 teams or less :(

It was an article in the NLP a few weeks back, their manager was bemoaning the fact that they had spent money upgrading their ground over the last few seasons and they had been given notice to quit, nothing was mentioned about a g/share. strange one. I didnt know anything about Farnborough NE, but we had been led to believe that no one had applied to join div one, you can't trust anybody these days !!!!!!!!

Shame really as I played at "Yeading" this year against their stiffs after injury - better than 99% CCL grounds.

Might be playing-wise but it's not too good as a punter. Rotten beer last time I went there. The bottled stuff was something like four years out of date and that was the best stuff they had. The only other ground that sold rotten beer was Wembley but I'm happy to report that's now drinkable (if John Smiths extra smooth can ever be described as drinkable). Maybe the influx of Hendon people has helped shift the barrels a bit quicker.

I don't expect a range of organic hand-crafted real ales lovingly tendered by a buxom blonde barmaid with a smile and a twinkle in her eye at CCL grounds - just something that doesn't make you feel ill by drinking it.

Even Chertsey have gone up a notch in the drinkability stakes this season. Long may the upwards trend continue.

Have I gone off topic again? :champis2:

I didnt know anything about Farnborough NE, but we had been led to believe that no one had applied to join div one, you can't trust anybody these days !!!!!!!!

FNE fancy thier chances if they are allowed to move across.

Nothing to Fear If North End’s application into the Combined Counties league is accepted they should have nothing to fear. This has been proven with a recent victory over Frimley Green. Holding high flying Epsom and Ewell earlier on in the season in the Vase, only to lose in extra time. Then narrowly losing out to Cove this evening giving an excellent account of themselves

http://www.fnefc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=707&Itemid=88

It'd be good to see Xibby and co. in the CCL. Just a shame ex-Camberley legend Tim Copp has stepped down as their chairman. Kroons will remember the headline from the Camberley news after we beat Met. Police in a game donkeys years ago. Copp Cops Coppers.

Proven by a recent victory over Frimley Green - not exactly difficult this season based on their final league position. Be good to have another local team in the league though.

Happy Days VP. Used to Call Copp "The Mole" He thought it was cos he popped up in unexpected places to score goals but it was because he was as blind as one !!!!!

Hayes Gate now listed as Combined Counties and Crescent Rovers now listed as Surrey Elite sides on the FA's find a club webpages.

On a more local scale - Virginia Water and Burpham are also both in the Surrey Elite - they were top two in the Surrey County Intermediate (Western) last season. No sign of Tooting Bec from the SSEC yet though.

On an even more local scale - Lightwater United promoted from Guildford & Woking Alliance to Surrey Intermedaite (Western). Pirbright Sports won the league but it looks like they're staying put.

All still subject to change, AGM's etc and we're still waiting for most of the other county FA's to update their details. Yet again Surrey is amongst the first!

I'll get me anorak......

Hayes Gate now listed as Combined Counties and Crescent Rovers now listed as Surrey Elite sides on the FA's find a club webpages.

On a more local scale - Virginia Water and Burpham are also both in the Surrey Elite - they were top two in the Surrey County Intermediate (Western) last season. No sign of Tooting Bec from the SSEC yet though.

On an even more local scale - Lightwater United promoted from Guildford & Woking Alliance to Surrey Intermedaite (Western). Pirbright Sports won the league but it looks like they're staying put.

All still subject to change, AGM's etc and we're still waiting for most of the other county FA's to update their details. Yet again Surrey is amongst the first!

I'll get me anorak......

they're groundsharing (tooting that is) with RPV next season so god knows where they'll rock up !!!

Edited by spy

Epsom & Ewell Reserves and U18s are also playing at RPV next season.

It's not impossible to have four teams there but it'll mean two of them will be limited to mid-week games. The U18s will be one - will E&E ressies be another? Tooting Bec must surely have to play Saturdays except for when there's a fixture backlog.

The Suburban League allowed Bedfont to play all their home games midweek this season so E&E may be doing the same. Didn't Chris Clapham hint at CWU ressies going midweek if allowed as well?

Epsom & Ewell Reserves and U18s are also playing at RPV next season.

It's not impossible to have four teams there but it'll mean two of them will be limited to mid-week games. The U18s will be one - will E&E ressies be another? Tooting Bec must surely have to play Saturdays except for when there's a fixture backlog.

The Suburban League allowed Bedfont to play all their home games midweek this season so E&E may be doing the same. Didn't Chris Clapham hint at CWU ressies going midweek if allowed as well?

The pitch is bad enough when one team plays at RPV!

[/iAnyone got any ideas (heard any rumours) about next season. I know as it stands no one will come down from the prem, mvscr have gone up and crescent have gone to the elite league (subject to acceptance). That leaves the division three short. Spellthorne have apparently been rejected, hayes gate have lost their ground, so at the moment it seems the division will have a maximum of 19. Any news on Municipal, have heard they definately have left the arena, will they play at Shelton ave, (smudge, any news?) and what about feltham, where will they be playing?

Feltham will still be at 'The Orchard' . In a letter to the Combined Counties League from Bedfont announcing that they have folded and will be resigning from the Combined Counties League, they state that Bedfont Social Club who own the lease to 'The Orchard' will be leasing the ground out to both Bedfont Town (formerly Bedfont Green) and Feltham