Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hemel reprieved

windsorian

I read someplace that Ashford were offered the chance to stay up in the SLP but turned it down due to the travel costs! When clubs are forced into doing that the FA really does need to look at adding a 4th league along side the Northern, Southern and Ryman. Loads more local games = higher crowds and less costs for the clubs!

Looking at the updated map with Merthyr gone and Hemel in, I can't help but think your boxing day/easter pairing may be with Salisbury.

I drove there a few years back for a New Years Day game. Wasn't much fun!

Or more like Didcot & Chesham as they are much closer to us for the bank holiday games. Better still we can be at home for both!

Who am I kidding, the way the southern league does business we'll probably have both those on the hotest days of the year with no chance of rain or snow. Then we'll get Truro on New Years day all head down there it'll snow like Finland & the league will get extended!!!!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, let's not [****!!****] about this season Southern League!

I wonder if they will try and put more games in the first half of the season?

But that would mean looking at previous seasons, seeing how that would have eased the problems and then applied a rational thought process to the problem - So obviously they will assume it will be a milder winter and hope that noone has any games called off