Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results sat 10th

Camberley were due to play Knaphill today but the lack of an available pitch meant that was cancelled. Sheerwater stepped in a the 11th hour to provide us with a friendly for both our 1st XI and the Reserve XI. In the 1st XI match which kicked off at 2pm. Camberley cruised to a 7-0 win. In the reserve match which kicked off at 4pm its a much closer affair - 1-1 at half time.

Yeah I think you are right Gassy. Defo Camberley first v Sheerwater first.

Went to watch, thought it was a really decent game. Sheerwater looked lively, especially up front. think they might do alright. Keeper is the nuts.

Camberley looked decent too. One complaint; too hot!

Eversley 3-2 Finchamstead

a well fought competitive game just edged by the ccl side whose superior fitness saw them home to an entertaining 1st pre-season friendly. Reserve fixture 2-0 to Eversley at half time. Difficult to give a worthy opinion- next weeks fixture against Camberley will tell us much more.

Mole Valley SCR 3-4 Merstham

Enjoyable game, plenty for us to be encouraged by, and plenty of things to work on. Lack of fitness showed towards the end and our keeper needed to make a couple of smart saves to keep the score down.

Reserve team game finished 2-0 to Merstham, but similar to the first team game, plenty of good signs, and some things that need improving.

Pics from the match will go live later tonight.

Epsom and Ewell 1 Walton Casuals 1

Played on park pitches next to Raynes Park Vale the first friendly of the season was played in 4 quarters due to the extreme heat. A good headed goal from Andy Amfo Brobbey after 9 minutes gave us the lead and we continued to create good chances fro the rest of the half. Walton Casuals came back stronger in the second half and equalised from a corner headed back to the 6 yard line and bundled in just after the break.

All in all a good work out and good to see nearly all of last years squad and several interesting newcomers give a good positive performance .

Played on park pitches next to Raynes Park Vale the first friendly of the season was played in 4 quarters due to the extreme heat. A good headed goal from Andy Amfo Brobbey after 9 minutes gave us the lead and we continued to create good chances fro the rest of the half. Walton Casuals came back stronger in the second half and equalised from a corner headed back to the 6 yard line and bundled in just after the break.

All in all a good work out and good to see nearly all of last years squad and several interesting newcomers give a good positive performance .

EEFC NOT A BAD RESULT WITH RYMAN OPPOSITION. WHAT WERE WALTON CASUALS LIKE, IN YOUR OPINION ? WILL THEY STRUGGLE AGAIN OR HAVE THEY GOT SOME DECENT PLAYERS NOW SHIPPERLEY IN CHARGE ? I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT HE WOULD GET IN TOUCH WITH HIS PROFESSIONAL CLUB CONNECTIONS FOR LOAN DEALS ?

Moles 2 - 0 Lammas ... Also Cobham went down in a very even contest vs Colliers wood.... 2 goals due to silly errors in the first 10 minutes was the difference between the 2 sides, with woods winning 3- 1 loss.

Cobham now to face molseley @ home this coming tuesday 7pm ko, as the croydon municip game is obviously not going ahead on the 17th

To add Cobham will also face Woking at home on the following Tuesday, before the encounter with Walton Casuals which is again at home, on the 24th.

Anyone that has fixture space on the 17th please let me know asap as we "Cobham fc" are interested.

I also popped down there, and it certainly was far too hot! i was cooking watching it! The reserves played first, Camberley reserves won comfortably 7-0. The second game at 4pm was the 1st teams, and that was 1-1. I agree it was a good game, and Sheerwater had some very good players, considering where they finished last season?? i agree that the sheerwater keeper was quality! he pulled off some brilliant saves! The lad upfront for Camberley was a good player and had a good touch and would be a handful to mark. what do u think Gassy, Hopper?

thought JURG looked like he needs a good pre season. where was young hammer whitby?

Haha you aren't wrong there......although I didn't do too bad and saved a pen to boot (further to Danny Boy above, the first game was won by CW - I thought it was 2-1, whilst Cobham won the second game 2-1, which is the game I played in).

Far too hot and would have been softer playing on concrete!

YHW is currently out injured with a trapped nerve in his back/hip.

EEFC NOT A BAD RESULT WITH RYMAN OPPOSITION. WHAT WERE WALTON CASUALS LIKE, IN YOUR OPINION ? WILL THEY STRUGGLE AGAIN OR HAVE THEY GOT SOME DECENT PLAYERS NOW SHIPPERLEY IN CHARGE ? I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT HE WOULD GET IN TOUCH WITH HIS PROFESSIONAL CLUB CONNECTIONS FOR LOAN DEALS ?

Re Walton Casuals they looked pretty ropey first half (although I would credit our guys with playing well) they improved with several changes after half time . I don't know if Neil Shipperleys taken any of the Bedfont lot with him... Nicholls was not in evidence . One they could do without was the 8 who did several disgraceful dirty chjallenges including kicking a man on the ground.. still refs don't do much if the games too small ... or too big. Bert van Maarwijk has been looking into his family tree though

I also popped down there, and it certainly was far too hot! i was cooking watching it! The reserves played first, Camberley reserves won comfortably 7-0. The second game at 4pm was the 1st teams, and that was 1-1. I agree it was a good game, and Sheerwater had some very good players, considering where they finished last season?? i agree that the sheerwater keeper was quality! he pulled off some brilliant saves! The lad upfront for Camberley was a good player and had a good touch and would be a handful to mark. what do u think Gassy, Hopper?

Is this Sheerwaters normal team though? If it was why did they have such a miserable season last year? Or did they have a few lads who play for other clubs aka Westfield who may not be there come kick off for the season

Re Walton Casuals they looked pretty ropey first half (although I would credit our guys with playing well) they improved with several changes after half time . I don't know if Neil Shipperleys taken any of the Bedfont lot with him... Nicholls was not in evidence . One they could do without was the 8 who did several disgraceful dirty chjallenges including kicking a man on the ground.. still refs don't do much if the games too small ... or too big. Bert van Maarwijk has been looking into his family tree though

EEFC THANKS FOR THE RUN DOWN. DON'T WORRY EEFC YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN IF NICHOLLS WAS PLAYING BY HIS BOLL*KING OF FELLOW TEAM MATES !

I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT SHIPPERLEY BEING BEDFONTS MANAGER LAST SEASON, AND BEDFONT NO LONGER EXIST, HE WOULD HAVE TAKEN SOME OF LAST SEASONS PLAYERS WITH HIM TO WALTON CASUALS ? IF HE DID, OF WHAT I SAW OF BEDFONT LAST SEASON AND WHERE THEY FINISHED, WALTON CASUALS WILL STRUGGLE UNLESS SHIPPERLEY IS TRYING THEM OUT TO SEE IF THEY ARE GOOD ENOUGH ? IF SO, HE'S LEAVING MIGHTY SHORT AS THE SEASON STARTS IN A MONTH !!!