Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Winslow utd

Congrats to Winslow on winning there 1st game back playing at home to Aylesbury utd 1~0 I think the Ducks going to find on it harder than some of there fans think in the ssml reading wot some of fans have been writing on the Ducks website,

Congrats to Winslow on winning there 1st game back

Efc - So are Winslow United back in the SSML next season, I know they were taking a season out but I don't remember seeing them on the Constitution

Efc - So are Winslow United back in the SSML next season, I know they were taking a season out but I don't remember seeing them on the Constitution

you must be thinking of Tik Tok

you must be thinking of Tik Tok

cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif

cheesy%20(2).gif cheesy%20(2).gif

Efc - Well that's no answer, you started the thread so are Winslow United in the SSML next season or not

Hawesy999 - How come that they didn't go straight back into Division 1, I assume leafy Elmfields Gate still has floodlights

Rhodes- i presume they still have no floodlights havent been down there in a while, it could be because they took a year out and the league deemed it unfair to put them straight back in to division 1

Hawesy999 - Well Winslow United had floodlights at the end of the 2008/2009 season so why shouldn't they still have them, it would be interesting to get the Club's take on whether they feel a bit aggreived in being put in Division 2 and I bet the likes of Aston Clinton and Padbury United are a bit miffed as the Championship is already all over bar the shouting isn't it

Hawesy999 - How come that they didn't go straight back into Division 1, I assume leafy Elmfields Gate still has floodlights

Because they couldn't - the FA wouldn't have permitted it if the League had tried to put them in Div 1 (which they never intended to). Damn lucky to get back at all, I say!

Damn lucky to get back at all, I say!

Horace - Why do you say that, I thought the understanding was the Club would take a season out to 'regroup' and they would automatically come back into Division 1 in 2010/2011, I think that's even 'documented' on an earlier thread.

I have just looked at the new league tables for the North Bucks District Football League and it says Winslow United will be playing in the Intermediate division for this season

I have just looked at the new league tables for the North Bucks District Football League and it says Winslow United will be playing in the Intermediate division for this season

... admittedly this comes from beneath several layers of Anorak - BUT its thought that the Winslow NBDFL side are the Reserves - some question as to whether the Intermnediate league is an U21 structure - but the N.Bucks has had an 'Intermediate' division for years so maybe a bit of 2+2=5 - and comparisons are being assumed with other leagues with similarly named constitution/structure?

TheFA.com - Grassroots section shows 1sts in SSML and Reserves in NBucks too - not that they always keep up of course!

... the word on why they are in SSM2 is also on the NLM (Tony K as was) forum - dated 26/06 posted by one of our renowned Oxon 'hoppers':-

Two bits of news from this weeks Bucks Herald.

Winslow United are being treated as relegated from step 6 to step 7. As they left the league at the start of last season thus they will be "relegated" into the bottom division. That's what the report says, quote of the chairman, I've noted that said division did run with 21 last season. They have appointed the manager of Steeple Claydon Damien Wiffen as their new boss, Claydon won the North Bucks League last season. Steeple Claydon is only 5 or 6 miles from Winlsow.

Aston Clinton who finished 2nd in the bottom division tried to ascertain a ground share with Aylesbury FC to getr promoted to the middle division, but this fell through so they remian in the bottom division

Horace - Why do you say that, I thought the understanding was the Club would take a season out to 'regroup' and they would automatically come back into Division 1 in 2010/2011, I think that's even 'documented' on an earlier thread.

Horace - It's, to quote Barry Davies, interesting, very interesting, that you haven't come back to me on this, my guess is that Winslow United are unhappy to say the least that they weren't placed back into Division 1 when Elmfields Gate more than meets Step 6 criteria

Horace - It's, to quote Barry Davies, interesting, very interesting, that you haven't come back to me on this, my guess is that Winslow United are unhappy to say the least that they weren't placed back into Division 1 when Elmfields Gate more than meets Step 6 criteria

Rhodes there you go again talking out of your backside no it all no feck all have you ever been to winslow ? and why would they be unhappy its were Tik Tok will be if they come back?

Edited by efc

Rhodes, you are missing the point. You can't join at Step 6. Winslow resigned from the league at the end of 08/09. They are now new entrants to the pyramid system.

Winslow resigned from the league at the end of 08/09. They are now new entrants to the pyramid system.

Horace - That wasn't my understanding, I thought the Club simply took a year out to 'regroup' and they would retain their Step 6 status on their return to the SSML fold, afterall they have been in existence since 1891

Winslow resigned from the league at the end of 08/09. They are now new entrants to the pyramid system.

Horace - That wasn't my understanding, I thought the Club simply took a year out to 'regroup' and they would retain their Step 6 status on their return to the SSML fold, afterall they have been in existence since 1891

Well, your understanding hasn't been borne out by what has subsequently happened - what was the source of your "understanding"?

Well, your understanding hasn't been borne out by what has subsequently happened - what was the source of your "understanding"?

Tea leaves at the bottom of his Jokyngton Manor mug !

what was the source of your "understanding"?

Horace - Like I said yesterday, it is well 'documented' on here somewhere and if the Winslow United member comes on I am sure he will indicate the Club's disappointment at being put in Division 2