Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Winslow utd

what was the source of your "understanding"?

Horace - Like I said yesterday, it is well 'documented' on here somewhere and if the Winslow United member comes on I am sure he will indicate the Club's disappointment at being put in Division 2

I've just read through the thread from this time last year. It merely says that they would be taking a year out, and would then be re-applying to join the SSML. No mention there of a club expecting to waltz straight back in to Division 1, or indeed taking it for granted that they would be allowed back in to the SSML.

What was interesting reading from a year ago was the amount of grief one forum member, Rhodes I think his name was, gave the club for dropping out of the league. Surely it is not the same person who is now insisting that they should be in Division 1?

what was the source of your "understanding"?

Horace - Like I said yesterday, it is well 'documented' on here somewhere and if the Winslow United member comes on I am sure he will indicate the Club's disappointment at being put in Division 2

It is absolutely not well documented on here that the club would rejoin in Div 1. It is just your misguided recollection of events. I'm certain that the SSML would have warned the club of the likely situation should they return. As sjj2112 says, you slaughtered the Winslow contributor last year for pulling out so late, and indeed you speculated that the SSML hierarchy would be not best pleased!

It is an indication of the respect that the SSML hierarchy have for the club that they gave them a place in Div 2 this season, when they had other applicants that they had to turn down! Once again (and please read this properly) the SSML could not have given Winslow a place in Div 1 without the express permission of the National League System Committee of the FA, as Step 7 is usual the starting place for clubs newly joining the pyramid!

Edited by Horace

Congrats to Winslow on winning there 1st game back playing at home to Aylesbury utd 1~0

I see there is a brief report from the game on Aylesbury United's Website:

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/home/

as Step 7 is usual the starting place for clubs newly joining the pyramid!

Horace - But that's just it, Winslow United are not newly joining the Pyramid are they

as Step 7 is usual the starting place for clubs newly joining the pyramid!

Horace - But that's just it, Winslow United are not newly joining the Pyramid are they

You never give up do you? If you were right, they would be in Div 1 for the coming season. If I was right.........

Horace - Well lets wait and see what the Club think about the situation, hopefully they will come on here in due course to give their opinion and my guess is that they will feel hard done by

• 2 weeks later...

Rumour has it Winslow still have floodlights and apparently a very decent playing surface, about time as the old one was.....MUD.

Think that means only 3 teams this season in the SSML Division 2 have floodlights, Winslow United, Brache Sparta and Padbury United, who are groundsharing at Ford Meadow, Buckingham Town FC

Think that means only 3 teams this season in the SSML Division 2 have floodlights, Winslow United, Brache Sparta and Padbury United, who are groundsharing at Ford Meadow, Buckingham Town FC

... plus Bucks S.U. @ Amersham and (unless they've moved out )..

Tring Corinthians @ Hemel?

...although FA grassroots site lists their own ground as Icknield Way, Tring - maybe the key is 'own ground' - think their firsts have been lodging at Adeyfield for three years now?

....can't be @rsed to wade through the official SSML site to the right page - might not show any club details anyway!

Royals26 - For your information, Tring Corinthians are very much at Icknield Way and haven’t actually groundshared at Hemel Hempstead since 2008/2009. The ground is being developed and floodlights will shortly be installed which will give the Club eligibility for promotion to Step 6.

Royals26 - For your information, Tring Corinthians are very much at Icknield Way and haven’t actually groundshared at Hemel Hempstead since 2008/2009. The ground is being developed and floodlights will shortly be installed which will give the Club eligibility for promotion to Step 6.

... t'anks - so my info was only roughly a season behind then?

... probably serves me right for maintaining an unswerving belief in 'The Anorak's Bible' (Non-League Directory) - should've known it would be a bit 'flaky' below STEP6. :smilewinkgrin:

... however not one to rely solely on one source, I DID check on Mitoo (clubs) and THAT still shows them at Adeyfield for 10/11 !:doh:

Managed to track down a website (on clubwebsite.co.uk) but its not been updated since October last year ## - though it does show they are based at Icknield Way.

## EDIT just found the 'newer' bit on the same site [clubwebsite.co.uk] - also stating they play at Icknield Stadium.

[i'm getting seriously miffed now! I've made two attempts to Edit this post and somehow managed to select the wrong 'post' button both times - is it me or is the 'Edit' facility really that unfriendly? It appears the 'Save Changes' button get covered up by the 'emoticons' panel. ] :wall:

... what I tried to say is that on the Anorak's Forum our resident Hemel fan includes Tring Corries as one of nine clubs that used Adeyfield LAST season (09/10) at one time or another.

...maybe they only borrowed it for the odd evening game - as per Kings Langley early on - he does state they have moved out permanently now though.

Edited by royals26

... however not one to rely solely on one source, I DID check on Mitoo (clubs) and THAT still shows them at Adeyfield for 10/11 !:doh:

I haven't received the new club directory yet - when I do I will update Mitoo Club section, plus put it as a download on the League website.

• 2 weeks later...