Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

do you think stony sratford will win a game this season

What has gone so horribly wrong at Ostlers Lane this season, expectation appeared to be sky high according to this link and with the excellent Steve Orchard appointed the sky was surely the limit:

http://www.aboutmyarea.co.uk/Buckinghamshire/Milton-Keynes/MK11/News/Sport/172017-Stony-Stratford-Town-FC-Season-Preview

What has gone so horribly wrong at Ostlers Lane this season, expectation appeared to be sky high according to this link and with the excellent Steve Orchard appointed the sky was surely the limit:

http://www.aboutmyar...-Season-Preview

big word for a manager EXCELLENT what has he done to deserve this faif play he must of won alot in his time

what has he done to deserve this

Don't you mean what hasn't he done, Steve Orchard is a class act and will soon turn Stony Stratford Town's fortunes around

Don't you mean what hasn't he done, Steve Orchard is a class act and will soon turn Stony Stratford Town's fortunes around

It will be tough for him this time, lost the core of some very good players from last season to Bedford Town and BT Reserves and with the amount of teams in and around MK ready made replacements are not always readily available.

Hope he turns it around though and keeps them up

what has he won ? just never heard of him thats all

Think he won the football card once, does that count LOL

Champ - Why don't you rephrase the question and say 'what hasn't he won', that would make it a lot easier to answer. I see from this press article back in July that Steve Orchard unsurprisingly saw the writing on the wall as soon as he set foot inside Ostlers Lane however even he hasn't been able to steady the ship as yet, you have to put the blame firmly at Jimmy Stoyles door for the Club's decline in fortunes following their huge success during Craig Connell's exciting tenure:

"WE must stop the slide" is the message from new Stony manager Steve Orchard to his players as they get set for a hectic pre-season programme ahead of the SML Division One season.

The former New Bradwell boss met with most of his side when they were welcomed back for training last month and started by setting out his intentions for the campaign. Orchard replaced departing boss Jimmy Stoyles at the back end of last season and began by saying Stony must stop the slide before they can possibly move in the right direction.

"This club has had a pretty tough three or four years and we've got to sort things out," said the 42-year-old. "I want to make sure the players have pride in playing for the club and in wearing the shirt."

Stony will take on the likes of Mursley, Old Bradwell and Deanshanger in the next few weeks as Orchard looks to sign up as many of his talented players as possible, but admitted there's a lot of competition.

"We'll get the paperwork out to try and sign up as many as we can this week, but there are lots of clubs out there and it can often be a bit of a lottery for managers at this time of year."

"But we've got a few weeks to go and I'm sure we'll have the spine of a good team by the time the season starts. We've got to be better than last season when we finished below mid-table, and if we're down there again I'll be very disappointed."

ROOKIE New Bradwell St Peter boss Gary Flinn has set himself extremely high targets for his first role in football management.

The 31-year-old took over from Steve Tucker at the end of the last campaign - a season in which Peters finished sixth in SML Division One and lifted the Berks and Bucks Intermediate Cup. But Flinn thinks he can do ever better and doesn't want to take the club backwards.

He said: "Last season was good, but we could have challenged at the top if we had beaten some of the sides we should have."

The central midfielder won't be a new face to the Peters squad after he spent last season playing for the Bradville club. And he said that becoming a manager has been on his mind for a while.

"Steve left due to his work commitments and he suggested that I took over. As one of the more senior players he would often ask for my advice and I've had a spell coaching before, so I'm looking forward to it.

"We have realistic ambitions, but a lot is going to rely on which players we can sign. I've lost two of our better players from last season - Lea Coulter and John Mulholland - but if we can bring the right guys in then we'll be fine."

BLETCHLEY Town boss Nick Crossley is urging the people of the town to come and support his side ahead of what he's hoping will be their best season for a few years in SML Division Two.

The Tangerines finished bottom of the pile last term, but Crossley is confident a move back to Manor Fields will spark more success on the pitch in future, especially after his side hit rock bottom with just seven wins in 30 games to their name.

Positives were few and far between last season as the club played its home games at the Scots Club where they won just five times and had to wait until October for the first of those. Now the only way is up, quite literally, and Crossley believes the future is bright.

He said: "As a club we need to raise our profile and get the people of Bletchley to come down and support us - it would be a massive boost.

"Things are looking up off the pitch and we're constantly looking at ways of rasing more money to keep building. The pitch is going to be ready soon and once it is we'll hopefully see results improve too."

NEW MK Wanderers manager Paul Fox is making it his mission to try and repeat the club's success of last season as they gear up for another track at SML Division Two.

The 31-year-old has made the step up from the club's North Bucks League outfit who were promoted to the Intermediate Division after finishing third last time out in Division One.

Many of that successful squad will now get their chance at a higher level, as assembling a team for Wanderers' season has proved a bit tricky for Fox.

Practically all of the squad have moved on to Olney with former boss Neil Griffiths. And Fox admitted he felt slightly let down, but not completely surprised.

That's football really," he said. "But we've been getting on with our new side and have been in training for a couple of weeks and it's going well so far. The aim for the season is to try and replicate - or hopefully better - what we did last season."

Champ - What is this, I get the distinct impression you have some history with Steve Orchard and are slyly trying to blacken his good name

Cliff, I think you will find you made a statement of which champ asked you to define, I have nothing against Steve Orchard and hope he does turn it around although as I said, given results to date and the difficulty in signing players locally it may prove a tough nut to crack.

If someone makes a statement of which then another person questions then it's up to the individual to back his statement up, which is what champ is asking you to do, so Cliff the answer is?

:feedback:

Ref Off Ref - I'm sorry but there is an ulterior motive to Champ's line of questionning, he clearly has issues with Steve Orchard so I'm not going to give him any ammunition to use against the great man. Anyway you know Steve far better than I do having seen him in action first hand at New Bradwell St Peter whilst your son was at the Recreation Ground so why don't you answer Champ's question.

Ref Off Ref - I'm sorry but there is an ulterior motive to Champ's line of questionning, he clearly has issues with Steve Orchard so I'm not going to give him any ammunition to use against the great man. Anyway you know Steve far better than I do having seen him in action first hand at New Bradwell St Peter whilst your son was at the Recreation Ground so why don't you answer Champ's question.

I did answer it earlier.....it was the after match football card if that counts

dance%20(2).gif

i have no issues with steve what so ever only with one manager and its not him . i was only asking a question how a manager gets branded excelent . he must have alot of silver wear under his belt . what did he win with bradwell . i have only been involved in south mids for 2 seasons . and as he wasnt involved in south mids last year where was he and how did he get on ?

He has won as much as YOU and ME in the south mids as a manager nothing lol

sorry lads winning the anaram trophy final was a waste of time lol NOT still 2 this day my best day in football that or smashing berko at there place in semi o and lads we won team of the month again thats 8 times now f/ck knows what we are going to do with all these first aid kits and match balls maybe we could e bay them . good luck tonight trigga hope your goal celebation goes to plan if you score be worth every penny .

He has won as much as YOU and ME in the south mids as a manager nothing lol

Craig won the Anagram Feeders Trophy, as he states, Orchard won the football card, I know it, and Lee, you scored on Saturday so not bad....think out of the Anagram, you scoring and Steve winning the football card, think you and Bicknell have to try harder LOL

I bet you have it in your bed next to you surely it should be on display in your clubhouseLOL you said south midlands not the village backwater cup lol good win though and you have a long way to go if they were your best days in football i can also say i won the football card twice so that beats the anagram im good at crosswords cup lol (good luck tonight) sad if your paying trigger to celebrate in front of me give him some of your steriods he looks like he could fall over if the wind gets up !