Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Weather

Cant see anything much happening this weekend, if so much as one game goes ahead I'll be very surprised.

All I hope is that if this a really prolonged spell of weather like last year the League have some sort of contingency in place so we aren't rushing around like blue arsed flys again like we were last April to try to get the backlog cleared.

I know that there were a lot of games to be covered in a short space of time, but it appeared to be arranged in a very haphazard way and a game on Monday & Tuesday, followed by one on Thursday and another on Saturday gives an official too little time to recover between games.

They don't like level 4's doing Sunday Football, they carp about any of us being involved in things like the Capitol League, but when it suits them they haven't an ounce of compunction about sending us out on 3 - 4 games a week.

They should be planning how to deal with the backlog now, not in 3 months time, but I expect that they'll just wait until it's almost un manageable and then work something out on the back of an envelope as usual.

Cant see anything much happening this weekend, if so much as one game goes ahead I'll be very surprised.

All I hope is that if this a really prolonged spell of weather like last year the League have some sort of contingency in place so we aren't rushing around like blue arsed flys again like we were last April to try to get the backlog cleared.

I know that there were a lot of games to be covered in a short space of time, but it appeared to be arranged in a very haphazard way and a game on Monday & Tuesday, followed by one on Thursday and another on Saturday gives an official too little time to recover between games.

They don't like level 4's doing Sunday Football, they carp about any of us being involved in things like the Capitol League, but when it suits them they haven't an ounce of compunction about sending us out on 3 - 4 games a week.

They should be planning how to deal with the backlog now, not in 3 months time, but I expect that they'll just wait until it's almost un manageable and then work something out on the back of an envelope as usual.

So, a Scottish Level 4 ref who did a lot of games at the end of last season - shouldn't take Mick Ewen long to work out who you are! How would you be planning to deal with the backlog "now"? What forthcoming weather assumptions would you build in to your plan? How would you deal with the matter that most midweeks are already spoken for for many clubs? What about the increased numbers of "groundsharers" where making additional fixtures is very difficult?

Would you start playing three times a week during January to clear the backlog, or even get ahead? (assuming it's fit to do so), or perhaps February? Or March?

Laast season was the worst in memory for postponed games, and the problem was long lasting - there was little time to do any other than what happened. The only real alternative was to declare game unplayed, something no-one wanted (including many refs, who enjoy the fees and expenses, and the chance to get out of the house!)

Yours sincerely

someone who doesn't have to run up and down the pitch, even once a week.

I see that Mr Panayiotou has been allocated an attractive fixture on Saturday in Kingsbury London Tigers v Aylesbury United, he will be disappointed when it's called off on Saturday morning

So, a Scottish Level 4 ref who did a lot of games at the end of last season - shouldn't take Mick Ewen long to work out who you are! How would you be planning to deal with the backlog "now"? What forthcoming weather assumptions would you build in to your plan? How would you deal with the matter that most midweeks are already spoken for for many clubs? What about the increased numbers of "groundsharers" where making additional fixtures is very difficult?

Would you start playing three times a week during January to clear the backlog, or even get ahead? (assuming it's fit to do so), or perhaps February? Or March?

Laast season was the worst in memory for postponed games, and the problem was long lasting - there was little time to do any other than what happened. The only real alternative was to declare game unplayed, something no-one wanted (including many refs, who enjoy the fees and expenses, and the chance to get out of the house!)

Yours sincerely

someone who doesn't have to run up and down the pitch, even once a week.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm no longer on the Spartan League, in fact I've retired.

We're 4 months into a 9 month season and just under half the league games have been played (more than half for some of the Division One clubs). In the first half of the season there are lots of cup games as well - not so many in the second half. That seems to suggest that at the moment we don't have a backlog.

Of course, if we get a repeat of 1963 there won't be a league in the country that can plan ahead, but if you can provide a 100% accurate weather forecast for the next 5 months, I'm sure the league will do their best. :smilewinkgrin:

I see that Mr Panayiotou has been allocated an attractive fixture on Saturday in Kingsbury London Tigers v Aylesbury United, he will be disappointed when it's called off on Saturday morning

No he won't.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm no longer on the Spartan League, in fact I've retired.

No disappointment here..................one less sweaty ref can only be good for football :smilewinkgrin:

No referees = no football

Really can't see any football being played till the late part of January...

Here are all Saturday's fixtures, I heard that a thaw is on the way but I doubt it will arrive in time for Saturday:

Saturday 4 December

FA Vase Third Round Proper

Leverstock Green v Tunbridge Wells

Stotfold v Long Buckby

Tring Athletic v Dunstable Town

Premier Division

Hadley v St Margaretsbury

Hanwell Town v Biggleswade United

Haringey Borough v Chalfont St Peter

Hatfield Town v Broxbourne Borough

Hertford Town v Royston Town

Hillingdon Borough v Langford

Holmer Green v Colney Heath

Kingsbury London Tigers v Aylesbury United

Oxhey Jets v Harefield United

Division 1

AFC Dunstable v Kings Langley

Bedford v Buckingham Athletic

Bedford Town Reserves v Crawley Green

Cockfosters v Welwyn Garden City

Hoddesdon Town v Ampthill Town

London Lions v New Bradwell St Peter

Stony Stratford Town v St Albans City Reserves

Sun Postal Sports v Cranfield United

Division 2 (all 2.00pm)

Caddington v Brache Sparta Community

Kent Athletic v Bletchley Town

Mursley United v Risborough Rangers

Old Bradwell United v Tring Corinthians

Pitstone & Ivinghoe v Totternhoe

Reserve Division 1

Hatfield Town Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves (2.00pm)

Kings Langley Reserves v Oxhey Jets Reserves

Reserve Division 2 (all 2.00pm)

Bletchley Rown Reserves v Sun Postal Sports Reserves

New Bradwell St Peter Reserves v The 61 FC

Risborough Rangers Reserves v Kent Athletic Reserves

Totternhoe Reserves v Old Bradwell United Reserves

Tring Corinthians Reserves v Welwyn Garden City Reserves

Reserve Challenge Trophy Second Round

St Margaretsbury Reserves v London Lions Reserves

Royston Town Reserves v Crawley Green Reserves

Anagram Records Feeder Leagues Trophy First Round (all 1.30pm)

Hinton v Padbury United

The 61 FC v MK Wanderers

Bedfordshire FA Intermediate Cup Third Round

Ampthill Town Reserves v Stopsley

Farley Boys v AFC Dunstable Reserves (1.30pm)

Langford Reserves v Leighton Town Reserves

Berks & Bucks Intermediate Cup Third Round (all 1.30pm)

AFC Spartans v Winslow United

Aston Clinton v Walton Court Wanderers

Eton Wick v Amersham Town

Berks & Bucks Junior Cup Third Round

Great Horwood v Buckingham Athletic Reserves

Hertfordshire FA Senior Centenary Trophy Second Round

London Colney v Wodson Park

Harpenden Town v Sarratt

Berkhamsted v Sandridge Rovers

No disappointment here..................one less sweaty ref can only be good for football :smilewinkgrin:

And sorry to disappoint again, but I'm not Scottish.

I actually thought it might have been Peter Hazel

Enfield Til It Died - Do you actually know Peter Hazel, I bet you don't

does any one no how bad the snow is in ENFIELD ?

I gather it's pretty bad and like a skating rink

Here is an encouraging post from another's Forum, it doesn't mention Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex or London at all:

Areas to avoid on Saturday

Cheshire

Derbyshire - 9 inch of snow outside my house! Still falling

Dorset

Essex

Greater Manchester

Hampshire

Lancashire

Leicestershire

Lincolnshire and Humberside

Kent

North Yorkshire

Nottinghamshire

South Yorkshire

Staffordshire

Surrey

Sussex

All of Scotland.

I gather Leverstock Green v Tunbridge Wells is off and will now take place next Saturday which I guess is going to leave Colney Heath all dressed up with nowhere to go