Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Div.1 Ground Grading.

good point. might a way round that though be to have an interim season where the newly promoted club has a year to get the facilities required - and can ground share during that season or arrrange to play those midweek games at another venue??

a few seasons ago we spent money (before my time at the club) to groundshare at Hemel just incasewe finished in the top 2 or 3 but didnt quite make it.

surely some system of "compromise" would be better than the current set up where clubs with facilities dont need to bother to be competitive on the pitch as they know they wont get relegated.....

You sometimes wonder if the powers to be have actually ever played the game.

Every club in the SSML has committed people who work their socks off behind the scenes, but because they are not fortunate enough financially to get a required grade then all their efforts appear wasted.

How long has The 61 FC manager been at the helm, and then to not be given a chance a level above after a successful season before just don't seem right

You sometimes wonder if the powers to be have actually ever played the game.

Every club in the SSML has committed people who work their socks off behind the scenes, but because they are not fortunate enough financially to get a required grade then all their efforts appear wasted.

How long has The 61 FC manager been at the helm, and then to not be given a chance a level above after a successful season before just don't seem right

The 61 had been improving steadily for a number of seasons prior to winning the title a couple of seasons ago, it was a great effort and we had a very good team....you just have to look at how Hadley and AFC Dunstable (who finished in a distant 3rd place) have done since there promotion to show how good our team was. It was very disappointing to miss out on going up, and we lost a few really good players because we didn't step up, though it is hard to blame the players who went to play at a higher level as they had after all proved they were good enough and wouldn't have had the chance to if they had stayed.

The following season it almost felt like we had to start all over again with a team that wasn't as strong, probably made worst by the fact that it was a very tough Division Two so even the chance of retaining the title was going to be unlikely, off the field problems also didn't help.

I know the club would love to have the facilities for promotion, but unless someone comes along with a pot of money it isn't going to happen.

AWK - are you on the way back to being as strong as the championship winning team again? how far are you off?

We are improving certainly, I think we can finish top 3 this season but the title will be beyond us.

As for how far off we are, if it wasn't for Padbury I think we would be in with a shout...as would 3 or 4 other teams but they are the standout team this season. Saying that I don't think we are as good as when we won the league, at least three players short of being near that level again, we have a lot of good players for this division rather than great players.

Add Risborough to that too, Q/F's of The Challenge Trophy, Aston Clinton semi final last season.

If this league was a straight 2 up, 2 down then I think you'd find out just how good some of the teams people call the sh*t division really are

Add Risborough to that too, Q/F's of The Challenge Trophy, Aston Clinton semi final last season.

If this league was a straight 2 up, 2 down then I think you'd find out just how good some of the teams people call the sh*t division really are

Since The 61 have been in Division Two I have always believed the top teams in the league have been more than capable of holding their own in Division One, and in many cases they have been a lot better than many of the teams who were only in Division One due to their facilities.

This has led to a big difference in quality in both leagues where there have been whipping boys in Divisions One and Two which really doesn't do anyone any favours.

Talking of the Challenge Trophy, Harefield have gone out to Division Two opposition twice in the past three seasons!

Since The 61 have been in Division Two I have always believed the top teams in the league have been more than capable of holding their own in Division One, and in many cases they have been a lot better than many of the teams who were only in Division One due to their facilities.

This has led to a big difference in quality in both leagues where there have been whipping boys in Divisions One and Two which really doesn't do anyone any favours.

Talking of the Challenge Trophy, Harefield have gone out to Division Two opposition twice in the past three seasons!

Yes but according to Septic Bladder Rhodes, Harefield when they lost to Padbury this season were made up of their under 7 and under 8 youth team, the only shock I guess was Padbury only winning 6-1, but remember, we are in the Rhodesworld where Septic Bladder and Michelle Pratt-isn't He are like Gods to him

MOLTERN SPARTANS SOUTH MIDLANDS FOOTBALL CLUB MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETING.

Thursday 9th Decemebr 2010 at Kent Social Club, Luton.

12. GROUND GRADING/FACILITIES.

12.1 Mr Owen said visits had been made to both Cockfosters and Buckingham Athletic. Despite big improvements Buckingham Athletic had failed to provide seperate male toilets in the clubhouse while Cockfosters were still faced with major construction work to increase the size of the dressing room facilities for match officials.

As a result both clubs have now had their provisional grading rescinded by the F.A.

7 clubs in Division 1 are still without a grade. All have until 31st March to complete necessary work or they will be deemed to be relegated clubs.

From above then is that 7 clubs plus Cockfosters and Buckingham Athletic or is it 7 in total?

Also without being disrespectful to the clubs involved, but does anyone know who they are and as to why they are in this position?

I would guess Stony Stratford as their changing facilities are very small and are also a long way from the pitch, would anyone know the rest though?

If it's to do with the walkway from the changing rooms to the pitch then along with Stony Stratford would it also include WGC, Kings Langley, Sun Postal Sports, and Harpenden or would it be a case of other circumstances and therefore other clubs?

What about Haringey Borough?

What about them, I believe that Coles Park more than meets the required grading

Do all the Prem clubs have the required grading?

Holmer Green is the obvious one although I haven't been there in 2 seasons

There are quite a few grounds in the prem that don't quite match the rules exactly with regards to ground enclosures and I suspect Holmer are one of them, the walkway to the pitch has always been questionable but as a player that isn't an issue... it's the bloody showers and space in the changing rooms.

Haha kn0b how you've changed your tune, when SLB played there last season you done nothing else but totally slate the place, anyway Rhodes it's a dump, which to you would mean a Palace

anyway Rhodes it's a dump

So I take it you visited Coles Park then early in the 2007/2008 campaign when your lad was with New Bradwell St Peter

PetetheGreek - Out of interest what is your view on Chalk Lane seeing how it appears to be your third home at present, would you agree that the Officials changing facilities are not big enough.

The Match Officials changing room is probably the smallest in the League. You have barely enough room for one person let alone three.

I am aware that the Club is looking into rectifying the situation.

Are they in a financial position to rectify this problem though....not a nasty question as it would appear harsh if the club got relegated over such a thing and yet a club who finishes below them and say 10 points adrift gets a stay of execution....aka Amersham yet again.

What is the point of playing games if the league table at the end of the season is decided by money, or lack of it, rather than points?

So what you are saying is that money should not count. So if Amersham didn't spend loads and loads of money on their ground and facilities but spent on players as other teams didn't spend on ground improvement, but on team improvement maybe Amersham would be going for promotion.

So dont say that money comes into it, of course it does, it's just do you spend it on players to win and go nowhere or a good ground with an outside chance.