Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Div.1 Ground Grading.

If it's to do with the walkway from the changing rooms to the pitch then along with Stony Stratford would it also include WGC, Kings Langley, Sun Postal Sports, and Harpenden or would it be a case of other circumstances and therefore other clubs?

It wouldn't be very much due to the walkways to the changing but the walkways around the pitch. It is mainly the facilities e.g. dressing rooms and toilets. I would say Cockfosters and Buckingham Athletic have a slight problem with this. However, I do agree that the walk at Stony Stratford is quite far but WGC, Kings Langley and Sun Postal are not that bad. I have never been to Harpenden so I can't comment on that. I do agree with Pete the greek about the officials dressing room and Cockfosters which is a bit small but I believe that the dressing room at Padbury (Spingfields) is even smaller!

PetetheGreek - Out of interest what is your view on Chalk Lane seeing how it appears to be your third home at present, would you agree that the Officials changing facilities are not big enough.

The Match Officials changing room is probably the smallest in the League. You have barely enough room for one person let alone three.

I am aware that the Club is looking into rectifying the situation.

Are they in a financial position to rectify this problem though....not a nasty question as it would appear harsh if the club got relegated over such a thing and yet a club who finishes below them and say 10 points adrift gets a stay of execution....aka Amersham yet again.

What is the point of playing games if the league table at the end of the season is decided by money, or lack of it, rather than points?

So what you are saying is that money should not count. So if Amersham didn't spend loads and loads of money on their ground and facilities but spent on players as other teams didn't spend on ground improvement, but on team improvement maybe Amersham would be going for promotion.

So dont say that money comes into it, of course it does, it's just do you spend it on players to win and go nowhere or a good ground with an outside chance.

Do clubs in div1 & premier need a proper turnstile entrance to the ground/stadium?

I know clubs in Division 1 don't need a turnstile but I am not 100% sure about clubs in the Premier.

I think you need a turnstile if you get to Step 4 but I'm sure somebody will come on here to confirm.

RoR - Any particular reason you do a blank quote before managing to reply to something?

Oi village boy, chill bruv.

Your mob have dodged relegation for years, and all the money you spent, ground is average and team is worse, s**t happens

My MOB, never needed a mob, and because I wrote about a team or ground doesn't mean I have any connection or infact support that team, I have actualy seen Amersham play once in four years, so don't presume.

I was making a point that money was spent on ground improvements and not on players or team building from what I can gather unlike other clubs that spend on players who don't even have a ground.

Fair play....know they had to flatten out the pitch a bit down at Amersham and that was probably costly.

And yes some clubs do spend money on players either getting them in or in a pay packet each game...my whole point (got side tracked) is if it were possible would like to see promotion/relegation based over league placings, would just maybe give some of the not so well off clubs something to play for

3 months off thought id join in on this 1 Fair point its easy to get a team together and play on just a pitch with a wooden hut to change in and no clubhouse all you have to do is use the local pub ,wash the kit, and clear the d0g shyte off the pitch before you play then you could pay a few quid to players and challenge for your league when you have a CLUB with its own property and facilities it costs not just the upkeep but the improvements. If a club wants to play in a division Every club in that div should have the same grading that way its a level playing field.Then if you find a budget for players all well and good. On another thread in div 1 the 2 clubs who CANNOT COMPLY AND THEREFORE ARE DEEMED RELEGATED CLUBS THIS SEASON ARE HARPENDEN AND STONY STRATFORD Bedford,cranfield and new bradwell are awaiting a inspection by the fa/ssml to review thier progress and cockfosters and buckingham have completed works and are awaiting inspection.

Fair play....know they had to flatten out the pitch a bit down at Amersham and that was probably costly.

And yes some clubs do spend money on players either getting them in or in a pay packet each game...my whole point (got side tracked) is if it were possible would like to see promotion/relegation based over league placings, would just maybe give some of the not so well off clubs something to play for

RoR - As far as I can recall - the ground levelling and redevelopment at Amersham didnt cost the club hardly anything at all as it was paid for by a grant by the Football Foundation. Which considering they no longer have a youth section, or reserve team was a total waste of money.

I was only using Amersham as an example. Fully agree in what you are saying but if the basics are not in place there is no point in grabbing that promotion, it's a catch 22. If clubs are promoted without this structure then chase the ground grading it's still money involved one way or another.

Now from memory I think I read that the flattening out the pitch a bit was to raise Amershams pitch approx 3mtr on one side, I think a new refs and players changing rooms, no idea how it was funded though but they used to have youth teams I remember.

Oi village boy, chill bruv.

Your mob have dodged relegation for years, and all the money you spent, ground is average and team is worse, s**t happens

My MOB, never needed a mob, and because I wrote about a team or ground doesn't mean I have any connection or infact support that team, I have actualy seen Amersham play once in four years, so don't presume.

I was making a point that money was spent on ground improvements and not on players or team building from what I can gather unlike other clubs that spend on players who don't even have a ground.

ground improvements are down to the club . any money for players should be sorted by the manager it should be down to him to find sponsors for players . jealousy will get clubs no were lol