Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Div.1 Ground Grading.

3 months off thought id join in on this 1 Fair point its easy to get a team together and play on just a pitch with a wooden hut to change in and no clubhouse all you have to do is use the local pub ,wash the kit, and clear the d0g shyte off the pitch before you play then you could pay a few quid to players and challenge for your league when you have a CLUB with its own property and facilities it costs not just the upkeep but the improvements. If a club wants to play in a division Every club in that div should have the same grading that way its a level playing field.Then if you find a budget for players all well and good. On another thread in div 1 the 2 clubs who CANNOT COMPLY AND THEREFORE ARE DEEMED RELEGATED CLUBS THIS SEASON ARE HARPENDEN AND STONY STRATFORD Bedford,cranfield and new bradwell are awaiting a inspection by the fa/ssml to review thier progress and cockfosters and buckingham have completed works and are awaiting inspection.

still sitting joint bottom i see

(quote) I was only using Amersham as an example. Fully agree in what you are saying but if the basics are not in place there is no point in grabbing that promotion, it's a catch 22. If clubs are promoted without this structure then chase the ground grading it's still money involved one way or another.

Now from memory I think I read that the flattening out the pitch a bit was to raise Amershams pitch approx 3mtr on one side, I think a new refs and players changing rooms, no idea how it was funded though but they used to have youth teams I remember.

It was to level the pitch and for a new changing rooms and refurbished clubhouse. Funded by the Football Foundation. Amersham used to have a youth section and this has now ceased to exist.

from the website - "The whole infrastructure of the club was upgraded in 2006–07. The original changing rooms, which were commandeered in the war as an emergency mortuary in the event of an air raid on Amersham, were demolished and modern facilities constructed. The pitch, which had a slope of 11ft 4 inches from touchline to touchline, was levelled and now provides an excellent playing surface and the clubhouse has been comprehensively refurbished."

Edited by The Doog is King

Oi village boy, chill bruv.

Your mob have dodged relegation for years, and all the money you spent, ground is average and team is worse, s**t happens

My MOB, never needed a mob, and because I wrote about a team or ground doesn't mean I have any connection or infact support that team, I have actualy seen Amersham play once in four years, so don't presume.

I was making a point that money was spent on ground improvements and not on players or team building from what I can gather unlike other clubs that spend on players who don't even have a ground.

ground improvements are down to the club . any money for players should be sorted by the manager it should be down to him to find sponsors for players . jealousy will get clubs no were lol

Never ever heard of any manager having to fund his team. All finance is through the club, that's why they have budgets for the manager to source his team.

anyway im off again see you all in another 3 months keep spouting your mouths off i enjoy reading all the SH1T

You'll be sorely missed.... coffee%20(2).gif

I agree amerste, although going by comments on another thread a while back people were suggesting that the Tring manager was finding funding and paying players without the committee knowing about it. People were making an issue of it, I don't see the problem myself. Surely a win - win situation for the club?

Craig, no one likes a show off!

I agree amerste, although going by comments on another thread a while back people were suggesting that the Tring manager was finding funding and paying players without the committee knowing about it. People were making an issue of it, I don't see the problem myself. Surely a win - win situation for the club?

all i am saying is at this level the manager should put in work off the pitch as well . its not hard to go out and find sponsors for your club and for players . every little helps . maybe its because i come from a family run club were we had to raise every thing . so when i went to padbury i took the same attitude with me .

Never ever heard of any manager having to fund his team.

I have, Rob Pattwell for one, when he was with Welwyn Garden City

all i am saying is at this level the manager should put in work off the pitch as well . its not hard to go out and find sponsors for your club and for players . every little helps . maybe its because i come from a family run club were we had to raise every thing . so when i went to padbury i took the same attitude with me .

Very small club committee wise, but we all pull together and it's nice to see all the hard work being rewarded both on and off the pitch.

Very small club committee wise, but we all pull together and it's nice to see all the hard work being rewarded both on and off the pitch.

do you have a reserve side? if not - how do you keep your fringe players happy?

all i am saying is at this level the manager should put in work off the pitch as well . its not hard to go out and find sponsors for your club and for players . every little helps . maybe its because i come from a family run club were we had to raise every thing . so when i went to padbury i took the same attitude with me

do you have a reserve side? if not - how do you keep your fringe players happy?

we dont have a reserve side this season . and there has not been one week were i have had a full squad to pick from so the most i have had on match day is 5 subs if every body was avalible i would have a problem witch is agood one over the next few weeks i have 3 or 4 players coming back from bans and injures . then people may get upset . i have 22 players now and i only have 14 tommorow due to new players being cup tied injured and banned .

3 months off thought id join in on this 1 Fair point its easy to get a team together and play on just a pitch with a wooden hut to change in and no clubhouse all you have to do is use the local pub ,wash the kit, and clear the d0g shyte off the pitch before you play then you could pay a few quid to players and challenge for your league when you have a CLUB with its own property and facilities it costs not just the upkeep but the improvements. If a club wants to play in a division Every club in that div should have the same grading that way its a level playing field.Then if you find a budget for players all well and good. On another thread in div 1 the 2 clubs who CANNOT COMPLY AND THEREFORE ARE DEEMED RELEGATED CLUBS THIS SEASON ARE HARPENDEN AND STONY STRATFORD Bedford,cranfield and new bradwell are awaiting a inspection by the fa/ssml to review thier progress and cockfosters and buckingham have completed works and are awaiting inspection.

and you say you want us to do well and you come back on hear having a dig at us after 3 months .can i just ask y lee

Never ever heard of any manager having to fund his team.

I have, Rob Pattwell for one, when he was with Welwyn Garden City

No he didn't HAVE to, he may have chosen to. No one takes a managers job on unless you want to not because you have to.

Amerste - There are a lot of Managers who don't mind putting their hands into their pockets for the good of the team and Rob Pattwell is one of them, Shayne Chandler is another and I believe he did that when he was at both Ruislip Manor and Amersham Town

Ref Off Ref - You wouldn't believe how much of my own money I ploughed into Haringey Borough, Kentish Town and Tokyngton Manor, take a rough guess

Amerste - There are a lot of Managers who don't mind putting their hands into their pockets for the good of the team and Rob Pattwell is one of them, Shayne Chandler is another and I believe he did that when he was at both Ruislip Manor and Amersham Town

Small correction Rhodesy - Shayne was never the Manager at Amersham, and i would be very surprised if players were paid at Ruislip!