Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Div.1 Ground Grading.

There is a rumour that both Buckingham Athletic and Cockfosters have until 31st March to get some of their facilities up to the standard required for the level they play at in time for next season, otherwise they will join 7 other clubs without grading who would then be deemed to be relegated clubs.

So who are the other 7 clubs, does anyone know, and what effect if this position doesn't change by the end of the season will it have on relegation, who and how many would go down?

I would guess Stony Stratford maybe one of the 7.....anyone know more.

Apparently BAFC need to build a toilet in their clubhouse, funny how it didn't matter when the club were granted to host a County Cup Final last season, Cockfosters need major improvements on the officials changing facilities as they are not big enough.

There is a rumour that both Buckingham Athletic and Cockfosters have until 31st March to get some of their facilities up to the standard required for the level they play at in time for next season, otherwise they will join 7 other clubs without grading who would then be deemed to be relegated clubs.

So who are the other 7 clubs, does anyone know, and what effect if this position doesn't change by the end of the season will it have on relegation, who and how many would go down?

I would guess Stony Stratford maybe one of the 7.....anyone know more.

Apparently BAFC need to build a toilet in their clubhouse, funny how it didn't matter when the club were granted to host a County Cup Final last season, Cockfosters need major improvements on the officials changing facilities as they are not big enough.

On the subject of officials changing facilities expect the FA very soon to start demanding separate areas for female officials.

expect the FA very soon to start demanding separate areas for female officials.

That's something I believe Welwyn Garden City have firmly in place, they saw the writing on the wall a long time ago

what effect if this position doesn't change by the end of the season will it have on relegation, who and how many would go down?

i think the 2 lowest placed clubs without the grading would be relegated

i think cockforsters need to make the refs room bigger by a foot so not a big deal they just got to get it right on the pitch

expect the FA very soon to start demanding separate areas for female officials.

That's something I believe Welwyn Garden City have firmly in place, they saw the writing on the wall a long time ago

I'm sure this was a condition of getting football foundation funding when we build our clubhouse which would have been in 2003/4.

From the FA website

Step 6 ground grading

I would have thought the main things clubs fall down on are the secure walkway to the pitch & the dressing room size (plus showers / toilets)

You could probably add Harpenden and Welwyn to the list

Yep...clubs are given ample time to reach the criteria, can't knock those who get their house in order....in a nutshell I'd rather the 2 up/ 2 down based over a seasons results, but I guess in this day and age money talks

On the subject of officials changing facilities expect the FA very soon to start demanding separate areas for female officials.

Pete the Greek will be spoilt for choice then! ;)

Depends how I interpret your comment. :grin:

PetetheGreek - Out of interest what is your view on Chalk Lane seeing how it appears to be your third home at present, would you agree that the Officials changing facilities are not big enough.

PetetheGreek - Out of interest what is your view on Chalk Lane seeing how it appears to be your third home at present, would you agree that the Officials changing facilities are not big enough.

The Match Officials changing room is probably the smallest in the League. You have barely enough room for one person let alone three.

I am aware that the Club is looking into rectifying the situation.

The Match Officials changing room is probably the smallest in the League. You have barely enough room for one person let alone three.

Are they in a financial position to rectify this problem though....not a nasty question as it would appear harsh if the club got relegated over such a thing and yet a club who finishes below them and say 10 points adrift gets a stay of execution....aka Amersham yet again.

What is the point of playing games if the league table at the end of the season is decided by money, or lack of it, rather than points?

Are they in a financial position to rectify this problem though....not a nasty question as it would appear harsh if the club got relegated over such a thing and yet a club who finishes below them and say 10 points adrift gets a stay of execution....aka Amersham yet again.

What is the point of playing games if the league table at the end of the season is decided by money, or lack of it, rather than points?

ROR- its about time you posted something decent....i knew you would come good in the end!

Spot on with this post, what is the point of playing games if its down to the size of changing rooms!!?

Something needs to be looked at on the issue.

Harpenden would be in trouble..........i cant believe what a nice town that is and to have a football ground in that state, the rugby ground down the road is all singing all dancing! Shame.

Ref off Ref - I agree entirely.

And it's like our clubs in Division 2, spend a fortune on lights if you want to go up, or ground share at prices that will leave your club so out of pocket.

Shame they can't be given more time to get the facilities required, what is wrong say if your club got promoted and had 1.30pm kick off times, is it such a crime, better than committing to a financial obligation that bleeds the club dry, at the end of the day wouldn't it be nice if we could go back to the 2 up, 2 down without all the red tape.....wont happen though will it?

And it's like our clubs in Division 2, spend a fortune on lights if you want to go up, or ground share at prices that will leave your club so out of pocket.

Shame they can't be given more time to get the facilities required, what is wrong say if your club got promoted and had 1.30pm kick off times, is it such a crime, better than committing to a financial obligation that bleeds the club dry, at the end of the day wouldn't it be nice if we could go back to the 2 up, 2 down without all the red tape.....wont happen though will it?

at the level you are talking about, it might!

The problem's not Saturdays - with 6 more clubs in the higher division midweek games are a necessity.

Good point, just a shame though, especially given how well say Aston Clinton done last season, would have kept their better players and probably held their own with ease a step up

Its not impossible to play in the Premier or Division One without floodlights despite the size of the leagues, though it obviously is easier to organise with every team having to have them.

Sometimes I think the powers to be get carried away with the facilities you require, especially at this level. For example the first floodlit match in the Football League was in 1956 and for a long time prior to this the Division 3 leagues (south and north) had 46 game seasons, while the top two divisions had 42 matches a season which meant midweek fixtures were required. Perhaps it would be a struggle to fit a load of cup games in as well for teams without floodlights (though you could switch the fixture or play at a neutral venue) but it would be possible.

Mind you with all the regulations coming in nowadays its not just the lack of floodlights that are the only problem!